X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Tailgating

It's not the case.

Comment

Yes, PASSHE campuses as state property are technically dry. But most schools have posted tailgating policies. Some explicitly forbid alcohol. But most also are designed to prevent the Penn State craziness.

If you want to crack open one or two in a parking lot before the game you shouldn't have a problem. If you want to smoke a pig, bump music, and jump through folding tables you'll be shut down anywhere.

Seton Hill plays on a local high school field so that's a big no for having a beer before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Yes, PASSHE campuses as state property are technically dry. But most schools have posted tailgating policies. Some explicitly forbid alcohol. But most also are designed to prevent the Penn State craziness.

If you want to crack open one or two in a parking lot before the game you shouldn't have a problem. If you want to smoke a pig, bump music, and jump through folding tables you'll be shut down anywhere.

Seton Hill plays on a local high school field so that's a big no for having a beer before the game.
        That irritates the crap out of both SH fans.

Comment

Comment

Bloom's Rules:

(Orange Lot) adjacent to softball outfield.
            but can last no later than two hours following the conclusion ofthe game.
            halftime, and one hour following the conclusion of the game.No alcohol can be consumed during game play.transport, or store alcoholic beverages (must have I.D. available at all times)
            alcoholic beverages must be offered.
            any tailgating event
            made of plastic or like substance. No visible cans or bottles.No glass allowed at tailgate.
            strictly prohibited (beer pong, beer funnels, etc.).
            noise, language, etc.
            All tailgate passes include two parking spaces but only admittance for one vehicle.TAILGATE POLICIES
            not permitted by anyone unless they have the proper University approval to do so
            hookups available.

additional amenities, grills, furniture, etc., must be used within the allotted space.
            area following the conclusion of each tailgate.

but those vehicles will have to purchase enough spots to fit properly. Call or email to confirm.
            tailgate areas.
            agency reserves the right to remove any individual or group who fails to abide by these guidelines, are deemed unruly, or are not abiding by the spirit of tailgating in the BU Community.
            anyone who fails to follow these policies.FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (570) 389-3907

Comment

I think the difference for Penn State is the revenue. It's a lot easier to overlook the bad when they're making so much on tailgating fees. Edinboro lacks a policy but as long as you're not causing a problem and clean up after yourself you're fine.

I'd start with the WCU Alumni Association and/or the AD asking to rethink the policy so that its more reflective of other PASSHE schools. I think most administrators think tailgating and see craziness because that's all they know. They have to trust adults to be responsible adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                Bloom's Rules:

(Orange Lot) adjacent to softball outfield.
                but can last no later than two hours following the conclusion ofthe game.
                halftime, and one hour following the conclusion of the game.No alcohol can be consumed during game play.transport, or store alcoholic beverages (must have I.D. available at all times)
                alcoholic beverages must be offered.
                any tailgating event
                made of plastic or like substance. No visible cans or bottles.No glass allowed at tailgate.
                strictly prohibited (beer pong, beer funnels, etc.).
                noise, language, etc.
                All tailgate passes include two parking spaces but only admittance for one vehicle.TAILGATE POLICIES
                not permitted by anyone unless they have the proper University approval to do so
                hookups available.

additional amenities, grills, furniture, etc., must be used within the allotted space.
                area following the conclusion of each tailgate.

but those vehicles will have to purchase enough spots to fit properly. Call or email to confirm.
                tailgate areas.
                agency reserves the right to remove any individual or group who fails to abide by these guidelines, are deemed unruly, or are not abiding by the spirit of tailgating in the BU Community.
                anyone who fails to follow these policies.FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (570) 389-3907

My God. And we wonder why we draw like crap.

Exhibit A.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think the difference for Penn State is the revenue. It's a lot easier to overlook the bad when they're making so much on tailgating fees. Edinboro lacks a policy but as long as you're not causing a problem and clean up after yourself you're fine.

I'd start with the WCU Alumni Association and/or the AD asking to rethink the policy so that its more reflective of other PASSHE schools. I think most administrators think tailgating and see craziness because that's all they know. They have to trust adults to be responsible adults.

Comment

There are three categories that are about equal: policy with alcohol, policy without alcohol, no policy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

My satellite view of RAM STADIUM doesn't seem to show much in the way of parking space except Lots B,C and K which don't look huge. What am I missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Exhibit A.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Exhibit A.
                              110 percent with you on that. Every PSAC school I've seen is scared to death of that one person in 100 who will question a few beers in the parking lot.
                              Last edited by jrshooter; 08-29-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X