Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Especially if it's Mercyhurst, Gannon or Clarion and reduces the schedule to 9 games.

Comment

• Or when its someone who did everything right, though getting infected with a respiratory virus is never really anyone's fault.

Comment

• Good! In the mean time these kids will party and do their thing just like you did 50 years ago. Get over it! Forfeits will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Good! In the mean time these kids will party and do their thing just like you did 50 years ago. Get over it! Forfeits will happen.
          Yeah, who really cares if you win or lose as long as the brew's cold !! That's the spirit !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Symptoms in vaccinated are significantly less and theoretically less risky to others. The extended quarantine for the unvaccinated is probably for their own good. More severe symptoms means greater possibility of death.

Pennsylvania state law requires anyone (staff or student) living in university owned housing to have the meningitis vaccine or sign a waiver that they understand the risk. While I'm for a vaccine requirement, I think the current framework is an acceptable compromise.

Nobody wants an avoidable death on their campus.
            Longer quarantine for unvaccinated when exposed....meaning vaccinated can quarantine a few days and get tested....if negative theyre good to go. If unvaccinated you have to go like 5-7 days whatever it is and cant just test negative after a few days and be good. Its just to punish and pressure 20 year old to get vaccinated which is dumb to me. the point should be if you have it or not so either say you can test after the incubation period....not just punish kids unvaccinated with harsher penalty even if they dont have covid. What's an extended quarantine do for the unvaccinated if they really dont have covid? hows that protecting them...if they dont have it?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Longer quarantine for unvaccinated when exposed....meaning vaccinated can quarantine a few days and get tested....if negative theyre good to go. If unvaccinated you have to go like 5-7 days whatever it is and cant just test negative after a few days and be good. Its just to punish and pressure 20 year old to get vaccinated which is dumb to me. the point should be if you have it or not so either say you can test after the incubation period....not just punish kids unvaccinated with harsher penalty even if they dont have covid. What's an extended quarantine do for the unvaccinated if they really dont have covid? hows that protecting them...if they dont have it?
              Plus Its only the athletes that are tested randomly, the regular college kid is not. Its not like playing a sport makes you more likely to spread the virus. Go to a frat party get infected with an asymptomatic case, no one knows, unless you are an athlete. .

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Plus Its only the athletes that are tested randomly, the regular college kid is not. Its not like playing a sport makes you more likely to spread the virus. Go to a frat party get infected with an asymptomatic case, no one knows, unless you are an athlete. .
                Bloom is doing surveillance testing for all students living on campus; that's how they know there were 67 positive tests this semester. I don't know the testing strategy for athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloom is doing surveillance testing for all students living on campus; that's how they know there were 67 positive tests this semester. I don't know the testing strategy for athletes.
                  I'm surprised they can do this, at probably $5 a test. Do you know if its some random sample or everybody once a week ? Makes you wonder what other diseases they should test for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I'm surprised they can do this, at probably $5 a test. Do you know if its some random sample or everybody once a week ? Makes you wonder what other diseases they should test for.
                    It could be based on symptoms or student request, I don't know. They received $10.7 million relief funding, but most of that is going as grants to students. Students had to give a negative test to move in, and there were reports of random testing afterwards. Found this about athletes:

Athletics has been encouraging and tracking vaccinations per current NCAA guidance. Any unvaccinated student-athlete will need to be tested at the rate of 25-50% of the total team roster every one to two weeks, as the protocol from the NCAA outlines. This testing will also be conducted in partnership with the Student Health Center, third-party provider EMS, and the Athletic training staff.
                    Last edited by Bart; 09-06-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Good! In the mean time these kids will party and do their thing just like you did 50 years ago. Get over it! Forfeits will happen.

Comment

• Georgia has 3-4 players and a few staff members with Covid. All vaccinated. This cant be I read on the psac message board if you just get vaccinated this wouldnt be an issue.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPNation;n597163]

Comment

Georgia has 3-4 players and a few staff members with Covid. All vaccinated. This cant be I read on the psac message board if you just get vaccinated this wouldnt be an issue.
                            Bingo!!!

Comment

Georgia has 3-4 players and a few staff members with Covid. All vaccinated. This cant be I read on the psac message board if you just get vaccinated this wouldnt be an issue.
                              The vaccine isn't 100% effective, but it does decrease the chances of being hospitalized or dying. A vaccinated person can be symptom free and still carry the virus to others. Masks still must be worn to protect the unvaccinated, especially children.

Comment

Bingo!!!
                                Are you stocked up on the horse dewormer or the hydroxychloriquine? :-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X