Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Only one game cancelled in the first weekend after school just starting probably is as good as can be expected. Expecially, as much as they are trying to punish ppl that arent vaccinated with long quarantines for just being exposed before you can test out of it.
    Symptoms in vaccinated are significantly less and theoretically less risky to others. The extended quarantine for the unvaccinated is probably for their own good. More severe symptoms means greater possibility of death.

Pennsylvania state law requires anyone (staff or student) living in university owned housing to have the meningitis vaccine or sign a waiver that they understand the risk. While I'm for a vaccine requirement, I think the current framework is an acceptable compromise.

Nobody wants an avoidable death on their campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Duquesne reportedly got $650k for that game. I'd say it's worth it. I doubt many of the kids they're recruiting watched.
      The game was aired on the ESPN/Big X(II) streaming service on ESPN+ so I doubt anybody outside of a handful of TCU fans were really watching.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The game was aired on the ESPN/Big X(II) streaming service on ESPN+ so I doubt anybody outside of a handful of TCU fans were really watching.
        Pitt played in front of 2/3 empty Heinz yesterday. Duquesne flew to Texas.

Pitt vs Duquesne, while it would be ugly, would be a huge draw in the Yinzerlands.

Makes you wonder how nobody sees this.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Pitt played in front of 2/3 empty Heinz yesterday. Duquesne flew to Texas.

Pitt vs Duquesne, while it would be ugly, would be a huge draw in the Yinzerlands.

Makes you wonder how nobody sees this.
          Amon G Carter Stadium was probably 2/3 full in a venue with a capacity of 50K, just to put that into perspective. It's not like TCU is a terrible team (they're not on Oklahoma's level, but they're a solid team on the fringes of the second tier of Big X(II) teams), so I'd expect that place to be packed when conference play starts.

I would doubt that Heinz Field would be 2/3 full for Duquesne/Pitt.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Amon G Carter Stadium was probably 2/3 full in a venue with a capacity of 50K, just to put that into perspective. It's not like TCU is a terrible team (they're not on Oklahoma's level, but they're a solid team on the fringes of the second tier of Big X(II) teams), so I'd expect that place to be packed when conference play starts.

I would doubt that Heinz Field would be 2/3 full for Duquesne/Pitt.
            Not sure about that. It would have 'event' status. Pitt would freaking maul them, but, nonetheless.

Bobby Mo ... I agree. Nobody would care. IUP would beat them. But, Duquesne alumni think they are near Ivy status. It would be a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

A lot of our students are not vaccinated and come from communities with low vaccination rates. It's a holiday weekend and a picnic holiday. Labor Day weekend is one of the weekends that even those who typically stick around go home. That's my fear. Go back home, come back to high density living with virus.

Comment

• Just keep your fingers crossed. Vaccinated or not ... just hope our boys test clean.

We saw what happened to Clarion. Give them credit for playing ... but ...

Comment

• Not in my county. Less than half the adults vaccinated, cases up 100 percent in the past two weeks, and hospital emergency rooms diverting patients in some instances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Not in my county. Less than half the adults vaccinated, cases up 100 percent in the past two weeks, and hospital emergency rooms diverting patients in some instances.

Comment

• Comment

• Holy cow... we can't even have a scores subject without you clowns talking about vaccines and virus. GET OVER IT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Holy cow... we can't even have a scores subject without you clowns talking about vaccines and virus. GET OVER IT!!!
                          It could end up resulting in the absence of key players for important games, so no, I don't think we'll "get over it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It could end up resulting in the absence of key players for important games, so no, I don't think we'll "get over it."
                            SHIP sucks so it won't matter!!! By god, this a scores topic to talk about scores of games and it turns into nothing but vaccine garbage!

Comment

SHIP sucks so it won't matter!!! By god, this a scores topic to talk about scores of games and it turns into nothing but vaccine garbage!
                              So in two posts you've managed to call other people clowns and crap on my school. Good day to you as well. I've seen rambling 140-page threads on this site and you're suddenly worried about laser focus? Whatever.

Comment

Holy cow... we can't even have a scores subject without you clowns talking about vaccines and virus. GET OVER IT!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X