Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Competitive? Is the west traditionally laying the smack down on the East champ? Kutztown lost to Rock in 2019 37-35. WC won it in 2018 right?
    2015-2017 were all blowouts in favor of the West team. 2018 was a blowout in favor of WCU, and then 2019 was competitive. It wasn't a slight on Kutz/Shep, just a response to WarriorVoice saying they thought Rock would beat anyone in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's why they play the games.

Heck, one Covid outbreak could change everything for a given team.

One week at a time.
      COVID is just a huge X factor this season. You never know who is and isn't going to be full strength from week to week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Competitive? Is the west traditionally laying the smack down on the East champ? Kutztown lost to Rock in 2019 37-35. WC won it in 2018 right?
        Let's look at the entire record since the SG was reinstated in '08. West leads 8 titles to 4. West average winning score 43-21. East average winning score 34-25. All of which means zilch to this season but does make it clear that the current trend is West dominance. It will be interesting to see how much an out of state team tilts the scale....if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Let's look at the entire record since the SG was reinstated in '08. West leads 8 titles to 4. West average winning score 43-21. East average winning score 34-25. All of which means zilch to this season but does make it clear that the current trend is West dominance. It will be interesting to see how much an out of state team tilts the scale....if at all.
          One league with one title. I hope every West team besides one loses every week.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

2015-2017 were all blowouts in favor of the West team. 2018 was a blowout in favor of WCU, and then 2019 was competitive. It wasn't a slight on Kutz/Shep, just a response to WarriorVoice saying they thought Rock would beat anyone in the East.
            I was genuinely curious so thank you for explaining that.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That out of state team won't tilt it much if they can't get to the state game lol.

Comment

Kutztown winning out and winning the east. Shepherd winning out and being a one loss team....have played Kutz and Ship in the east and would play Clarion to end the year. To me makes the SRU-IUP game that much bigger for IUP being the potential 2 loss team in the psac if they lose it

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm still unsure about how good Slippery Rock is. I know that they are good, but I also know that their opponents have combined for 4 wins, so they're also not the most battle tested group yet.
                  We'll find out soon enough when they play Cal in Week 10. Cal got to feast on Lock Haven and MIllersville. But it could be the game that decides the West.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

We'll find out soon enough when they play Cal in Week 10. Cal got to feast on Lock Haven and MIllersville. But it could be the game that decides the West.
                    Wow. You wrote off IUP already. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Wow. You wrote off IUP already. LOL.
                      Which is strange, given that IUP beat Kutztown, who will probably run the table in the east.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Which is strange, given that IUP beat Kutztown, who will probably run the table in the east.
                        And, IUP did it with a backup QB and numerous players out.

Comment

Just scoping out the Super Region 1 landscape, my stab a a regional rankings that mean nothing at this time:

1. Bentley 5-0- @ New Haven and @ So Co being toughest remaining games, I'd say is the frontrunner to the #1 slot due to the remaining schedule.
                          2. Rock 5-0- IUP, Cal at home and the state game potentially or Shepherd. 3 tough ones, I doubt they win all of them.
                          3. California 5-0- @ IUP, @ Rock, almost looks like 9-2 at the worst? Does an 9-2 Cal team make it over possibly an 8-2 IUP team even if IUP has the head to head?
                          4. Kutztown 4-1-@ West Chester and most likely the state game.
                          5. Charleston 3-1- @ UNCP, already played FSU and ND, so as along as they just show up and play they should beat everyone left. Strong bet to be 9-1
                          6. Notre Dame 4-1- FSU, @ UNCP- if they lose to FSU you could probably stick a fork in the MEC being a 2 bid league this year. If they win, both Charleston and ND are in probably smooth sailing rest of the way.
                          7. Shepherd 4-1- West Chester, Rock at home possibly. Rams should be 9-2 at worst.
                          8. ODU 4-1- @ Ashland, Findlay, @Tiffin. Even with 1 L there, could be an EA participant for the back couple playoff slots?
                          9. IUP 3-1- @ Rock, Cal and state game. IUP may have to win out or at least get to the state game to get in.

Ship 4-1, West Chester 4-1, New Haven 3-1- I'd project additional losses by all of these. Don't know a ton about NH but WC and Ship have probably been the least impressive with good records so far but tougher schedules to end the year.

Comment

Earned Access technically doesn't exist anymore but I also understand if the SR1 committee has a hard time leaving out a 1 loss team.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Earned Access technically doesn't exist anymore but I also understand if the SR1 committee has a hard time leaving out a 1 loss team.
                              Honestly, I will be shocked if more than 7 teams with 1 loss remain at the end of the season. Something is going to happen with SRU, Cal and IUP. One or two of those teams will end up with 2 losses at least. I am not sure that Ohio Dominican can run the table through the GMAC, but that league may not get a team in as it currently stands. The MEC is a peculiar case. This is an elimination game coming up for NDC, but really they could end up being a two bid league. I truly feel like Bentley will be the lone NE-10 team, but you never know. And the, there will be a few surprises, including who may sit out due to COVID.

If Kutztown and Shepherd win out, which I feel is what most predict, that would put Shepherd as second in the East. So, if we all feel that the PSAC will likely get three or four teams in, what one loss team from the West would have the strength of schedule that Shepherd will have with the road wins at ODU in non-conference play and IUP in the crossover. I see Shepherd as the third PSAC team currently. Of course, Shepherd has to win out, which isn't a given with WCU and ESU left on the schedule.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X