Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal vs Clarion Canceled

Covid concerns. No game. Just reported on KDKA.

https://observer-reporter.com/sports...e25926f2b.html

This will get IUPNation's panties tied in a knot!

Comment

No make-up and neither team gets a win or loss.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        This will get IUPNation's panties tied in a knot!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          No make-up and neither team gets a win or loss.
          Funny to me that the team with Covid issues wouldn't get a forfeit, but that's the way they set it up. Not like it's going to matter much to Clarion's record at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Funny to me that the team with Covid issues wouldn't get a forfeit, but that's the way they set it up. Not like it's going to matter much to Clarion's record at this point.
            It also gets a winless team off Cal's resume (which is already putrid).

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Which team has the Covid issue?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Saw this on social media:

From Cal U Vulcans Football:

"Vulcan Nation, we are disappointed our game this weekend is canceled. WE are fortunate to not currently have Covid Concerns within our program. We are scheduled for practice tomorrow. Thank you to the Alumni, family's and fans who have contacted us with concern and support".

Comment

I haven't seen anything assign responsibility to one team. Going by school case counts, Clarion added 6 student cases this week and Cal added 12 student cases. But that's just cases - common protocol is that if a student is unvaccinated and comes in direct contact with someone who tests positive, they are to isolate for 10 days. Athletes tend to live & travel in groups making it worse. So cases can mean the affected player count is several times larger depending on how long the player was in public while positive.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It also gets a winless team off Cal's resume (which is already putrid).
                    And a week off before playing IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

And a week off before playing IUP.

As long as Cal wasn't the problem team ... it works out well for them. Their staff can now attend the IUP/SRU game tomorrow. Scout both teams in person.

And, they don't have to risk any injuries tomorrow in what would have been a 55-7 game.

Comment

Originally posted by RockPride View Post

Saw this on social media:

From Cal U Vulcans Football:

"Vulcan Nation, we are disappointed our game this weekend is canceled. WE are fortunate to not currently have Covid Concerns within our program. We are scheduled for practice tomorrow. Thank you to the Alumni, family's and fans who have contacted us with concern and support".
                        So basically Clarion Homecoming was a Super spreader event.

Hopefully IUP got out unscathed but since so many had it already they should some immunity by now.

Comment

So basically Clarion Homecoming was a Super spreader event.

Hopefully IUP got out unscathed but since so many had it already they should some immunity by now.
                          I hope so as well. I guess we shall see come 1pm Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I hope so as well. I guess we shall see come 1pm Saturday.
                            Nothing has leaked out from either side. Obviously, that's by design but typically if there is something to leak ... it leaks.

Pending any surprises, IUP should be near full force.

Comment

How do we know the cancellation isn't some WPU conspiracy to give Cal an advantage in preparing for IUP next week? Just sayin'.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X