Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Why did this sinking ship butt in???
    Hahahaha...That's Regional Champion sinking ship!

Is IUP going to play this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I actually like what Clarion does. Obviously, it is just one of those nice, large tents, but they put it close to the endzone and make the ambiance nice. It's gated off so it has the feel of being an exclusive little club. I think they call it the President's Group or something.

SRU had the lodge there forever above the visitors side that they used as kind of a VIP venue. It's closed this year due to some structural issues.

The KCAC has either 5 or 6 luxury suites for basketball. They usually are all rented out for the Saturday games. The Wednesday games not so much. The President gets one. S&T has its own. The rest I think anybody can rent.
      The tent is nice but in my opinion people don't watch the game. I'd rather watch the game from the stands than the sideline anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The tent is nice but in my opinion people don't watch the game. I'd rather watch the game from the stands than the sideline anyway.
        Absolutely. Give me stands on about the 50 any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree, but with no money ... the tent is better than nothing.

My dream for IUP would just be a copy of Ashland's stadium.

Comment

I agree, but with no money ... the tent is better than nothing.

My dream for IUP would just be a copy of Ashland's stadium.
            Last edited by IUPNation; 10-26-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• At the very least a massive renovation.

Comment

• Unfortunately the days of big athletic facilities upgrades are gone unless a rogue donor comes along. IUP might be able to justify a new press box tower at Miller (similar to what was done at Bloomsburg several years ago) if they get a president who is a huge football fan or a need to accommodate someone in there in a wheelchair.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahaha...That's Regional Champion sinking ship!

Is IUP going to play this year?
                  Regional champion??? Half the teams didn't play and your team sucked. Imagine if all the big dawgs played. WLU would've been taking it up the rear, I mean taking up the rear!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Regional champion??? Half the teams didn't play and your team sucked. Imagine if all the big dawgs played. WLU would've been taking it up the rear, I mean taking up the rear!
                    West Liberty IS the Big Dawg in SR1!!

There were only four conferences that didn't play in 2020-21, CIAA, CCAA, NE10 and Sunshine State.

From the PSAC, Hurst, Gannon, Clarion and IUP played. Joe could have played a qualifying schedule but CHOSE not to. Clearly, he chose...POORLY!

2020-21 PSAC Men's Basketball Final Standings:

Mercyhurst .923
                    Gannon .714
                    IUP .666
                    Clarion .363

Given how IUP was playing in 2020-21, it probably was a good decision on Joe's part to quit the season and take the built in excuse. He probably wouldn't have made the NCAA tourney field had he played a qualifying season!!

Third place in the PSAC...Not too good.
                    Last edited by boatcapt; 10-27-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

From the PSAC, Hurst, Gannon, Clarion and IUP played. Joe could have played a qualifying schedule but CHOSE not to.

2020-21 PSAC Men's Basketball Final Standings:

Mercyhurst .923
                      Gannon .714
                      IUP .666
                      Clarion .363

Third place in the PSAC...Not too good.
                      Three practices prior to playing (against teams who played all year) and several guys sat out. No need to mention any details. LOL.

Why they elected not to play ... can't answer.

Comment

Three practices prior to playing (against teams who played all year) and several guys sat out. No need to mention any details. LOL.

Why they elected not to play ... can't answer.
                        Can't really blame not playing on fear of Covid...If that was the case, Joe wouldn't have played at all. By all account's from the posters on this board, IUP was LOADED and perhaps the best in the history of IUP basketball (Of course, we hear that EVERY year!). I've also heard on this board that Joe will play anyone at any time. As for number of practices, again, a Joe decision.

Just a guess here...Joe got blindsided by the NCAA decision to play and was too proud to adjust course and play a qualifying schedule. The lack of a PSAC automatic qualifier, the temp move of the GMAC to SR1, the AQ of for the MEC and GMAC coupled with Mercyhurst's undefeated team, the apparent domination of Hillsdale and the fact that the Regionals would be played at West Liberty and Joe realized his chances of even making the NCAA Tourney were small...much less winning at West Liberty. The easy route for him was just to punt the season and, pride in hand, say it wasn't his fault.

Comment

Can't really blame not playing on fear of Covid...If that was the case, Joe wouldn't have played at all. By all account's from the posters on this board, IUP was LOADED and perhaps the best in the history of IUP basketball (Of course, we hear that EVERY year!). I've also heard on this board that Joe will play anyone at any time. As for number of practices, again, a Joe decision.

Just a guess here...Joe got blindsided by the NCAA decision to play and was too proud to adjust course and play a qualifying schedule. The lack of a PSAC automatic qualifier, the temp move of the GMAC to SR1, the AQ of for the MEC and GMAC coupled with Mercyhurst's undefeated team, the apparent domination of Hillsdale and the fact that the Regionals would be played at West Liberty and Joe realized his chances of even making the NCAA Tourney were small...much less winning at West Liberty. The easy route for him was just to punt the season and, pride in hand, say it wasn't his fault.
                          As said, I don't know. Email and ask him. IUP was one of a handful of schools to vote 'yes' to playing. However, not enough PSAC schools voted to play (they only needed 7). So, they shut it down. Long gone.

Joe is 58-5 the past two years they played with two PSAC titles.

Yes, we say loaded every year. As if the WL worshippers don't. I think some of them have posters of Dalton Bolon in their bedroom.

But, this is the football side. I know not much football gets talked about at West Liberty.

Comment

As said, I don't know. Email and ask him. IUP was one of a handful of schools to vote 'yes' to playing. However, not enough PSAC schools voted to play (they only needed 7). So, they shut it down. Long gone.

Yes, we say loaded every year. As if the WL worshippers don't. I think some of them have posters of Dalton Bolon in their bedroom.

But, this is the football side. I know not much football gets talked about at West Liberty.
                            WLU football is a shadow company of Gary West. Fans are powerless in that struggle.

Comment

Uhhhh...That's 30-3 with one PSAC title the last two years!

I don't think WLU fans say we are loaded every year. I recall during Bolon's JR year us fans said we were playing with house money because the team was built to peak last year. We were happy for the ride that year which terminated in the regional finals, but we knew that that team was not the best in WLU history.

I don't have Bolon's poster in the bedroom...that's sooo adolescent! It's in my mancave next to my St Crutch Shrine and my Seger Altar...Right across from the Church of Ben! The whole structure is known as the Church of the Holly Rolling Basketball (in the winter)...In the fall it is known as "The Blunderdome" in honor of West Liberty AND the Washington Redskins.
                              Last edited by boatcapt; 10-27-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I don't think WLU fans say we are loaded every year. I recall during Bolon's JR year us fans said we were playing with house money because the team was built to peak last year. We were happy for the ride that year which terminated in the regional finals, but we knew that that team was not the best in WLU history.

I don't have Bolon's poster in the bedroom...that's sooo adolescent! It's in my mancave next to my St Crutch Shrine and my Seger Altar...Right across from the Church of Ben!
                                LOL

Hey ... it's almost the best time of the year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X