Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's going to feel heat after this one. This isn't like losing close to a ranked team or something. This was a 1-6 team in his house that just came in here and ended his season.

IUP won't fire him. But, typically when HCs are nearing the end, the last grasp is to make staff changes.

Are there any strong coaches at possibly struggling programs in say the PSAC, MEC or NE10 that you'd be interested in if the opportunity arose ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Are there any strong coaches at possibly struggling programs in say the PSAC, MEC or NE10 that you'd be interested in if the opportunity arose ?
      I'd love to see Chris Weibel hired as the OC. Now, that assumes his time in Clarion is done.

Remember, Tort can pay assistants pretty well. So, attracting candidates won't be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's going to feel heat after this one. This isn't like losing close to a ranked team or something. This was a 1-6 team in his house that just came in here and ended his season.

IUP won't fire him. But, typically when HCs are nearing the end, the last grasp is to make staff changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

What is that coach from
          Pine-Richland doing? Maybe he should move up from the high school ranks and become a college assistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

What is that coach from
            Pine-Richland doing? Maybe he should move up from the high school ranks and become a college assistant.
            I am pretty sure I read he is volunteering, or is a paid assistant at Pitt or Duquesne. It was months ago when I read the article but I would be curious to see how he would transition to a head rank at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I am pretty sure I read he is volunteering, or is a paid assistant at Pitt or Duquesne. It was months ago when I read the article but I would be curious to see how he would transition to a head rank at this level.

Comment

• https://tribhssn.triblive.com/ex-pin...eer-assistant/

Comment

What is that coach from
                  Dude probably still makes $75k at his day job teaching at North Hills High School. Assistant pay in the PSAC has not kept up so its very hard to get guys to make that jump. He's got kids in high school - he'll most likely enjoy the time off to watch his kids play. Can't be a HC and watch your kid play at a different school at the same time.

Comment

• Sound weird but I know in college wrestling volunteer assistants actually get paid. Do they also get paid in football?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Sound weird but I know in college wrestling volunteer assistants actually get paid. Do they also get paid in football?
                      They can make money through camps, which is a big deal in wrestling. They seem to have gone the wayside in D2 football, which is strange. I feel like when I was a kid and we spent a lot of time each summer in Edinboro there were football (and band) camps on campus most weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Could it be the fan base that's toxic? Maybe just some of it.
                        The arc of an IUP's fans typical football season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atfDg4fLcks

Comment

• Sign him iUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The arc of an IUP's fans typical football season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atfDg4fLcks
                            Lower expectations in Indiana, PA are still better than the zero expectations every fall in West Liberty, West Virginiastan.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Dude probably still makes $75k at his day job teaching at North Hills High School. Assistant pay in the PSAC has not kept up so its very hard to get guys to make that jump. He's got kids in high school - he'll most likely enjoy the time off to watch his kids play. Can't be a HC and watch your kid play at a different school at the same time.
                              Curt Cignetti was making 132K as IUP head coach...I imagine Torts might make less...but it would probably not work out schedule wise for him to be in Indiana in the afternoon unless he only teaches in the morning at North Allegheny.

No matter what...the IUP staff needs a total shakeup.

Comment

Lower expectations in Indiana, PA are still better than the zero expectations every fall in West Liberty, West Virginiastan.

:-)
                                Anyone realize that Nation was a QB while at IUPeeee?? Here's the proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9BRfKeNhY

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X