Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get over the hump? Find more money. Simple as that.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by ShepAlum; 12-11-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Get over the hump? Find more money. Simple as that.
          And develop the quality players you get....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

And develop the quality players you get....
            Long way to go. Second straight battering in Final Four.

Comment

Congrats to Shepherd on a really good season. Anytime you get to the national semifinals you had a hell of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ashland just joined Region 1 this year.

Everyone is well aware of the challenges in facing some of the premier programs outside of Region 1. Did you see the movie where Shepherd beat Grand Valley in the semifinal in 2015? Or in 2010 when Shepherd went to Mississippi and if not for a lightning storm derailling momentum, that might have been their first NC appearance. Or in 2016 playing UNA, and losing partially because the officiating staff wanted to enforce illegal lineman downfield like it was the only penalty in football (still bitter).

Your beating a dead horse here. Everyone knows its a big climb to even compete, but football is a weird game and anything can happen in any game.

How's IUP's offseason going?
                Like I said NO CHANCE. 36 schollies will Never be beat by a Region 1 team especially on the road. Just the way it is. Psac and Region title only realistic chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Like I said NO CHANCE. 36 schollies will Never be beat by a Region 1 team especially on the road. Just the way it is. Psac and Region title only realistic chips.
                  Correct. We're essentially James Madison playing Alabama.

Comment

That club gives some of the FCS playoff teams a scare. And that is no exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      That club gives some of the FCS playoff teams a scare. And that is no exaggeration.
                      No doubt. Scary thing is that looked like SRU playing Lock Haven. It's just amazing the jump outside of SR1.

Same as the Roland Rivers team in 2019. Both got stomped. Sucks.

Comment

No doubt. Scary thing is that looked like SRU playing Lock Haven. It's just amazing the jump outside of SR1.

Comment

I think SR1 was weaker than normal this year. Very little difference between the top 10-12 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Shepherd beat grand valley in 2015. Not quite never, but rare yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think SR1 was weaker than normal this year. Very little difference between the top 10-12 teams.
                              In addition to not getting as close to the 36-schollie limit as some other leagues, we have a lot of D2 teams in a relatively small area around Pa., fighting over the potential D2 recruits in the area. I think we'll lose a couple of the weaker teams before long, and it might actually benefit the league overall to have fewer teams. Despite the thumping in the semis, it was an enjoyable season to watch in the region. There were several competitive and exciting playoff games. And while the other regions look stronger than ours at this point, remember that some of their top playoff teams slaughter almost everyone in those regions, too. Ferris really only had two close games all year, Saginaw Valley and Grand Valley, and they thumped Grand Valley 54-20 in the playoffs and beat Northwest Missouri from what usually is one of D2's better leagues, 41-20. This is a top-notch Ferris team. I'll be interested to see how they do with Valdosta.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd beat grand valley in 2015. Not quite never, but rare yes.
                                But the 2015 team was much better than the 2021 team, I think.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X