X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Maybe IUP can play on the road without trashing a locker room this week. We shall see.
    Maybe you can comment on here without hating on IUP and making up lies!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Au contraire. I've heard they're taping him up and he's going Saturday. (Didn't someone else say he was soft earlier?)
    If Ship is as bad as most on here think (most of their own fans) ... surprised they would rush him back.

If he really had a separated shoulder 6 days ago, I can't fathom the trainers will clear him 7 days later.

I never called him soft. Somebody did but I forget who.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Maybe IUP can play on the road without trashing a locker room this week. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Au contraire. I've heard they're taping him up and he's going Saturday. (Didn't someone else say he was soft earlier?)
    I don’t know if anyone called him that directly but the point was made that we’ve spent way more time talking about Houser than actually seeing him on the field. Maybe it’s just bad luck for him, who knows. Regardless, in Matt’s article about the game in today’s Indiana Gazette it said he was unlikely to play Saturday but could be back next week versus Mercyhurst.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm sure they know by know Adam Houser probably isn't playing anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Let's put it this way. If you don't win comfortably this week, you'll be in a world of hurt later this season. Obviously, I'm hoping things change, but for the first two games this is probably the worst Ship offense I've seen in years — certainly nothing like a typical Coach Mac squad.
    I hope you're right. However, Tort teams have -- at times -- tended to play to their competition.

We also heard by many last week that IUP would steamroll ESU after the Warriors looked hopeless against Pace. That obviously didn't happen and ESU looked completely different. Or, ESU was the same and IUP's defense was just that bad in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. IUP's body of work thus far is too small to really grasp.

I think IUP is certainly favored. But, I don't see a 65-7 smackdown coming in 48 hours. I'd peg it around 42-17 (of course, that's the same score I predicted last week).

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    After watching Hawk Talk it seems Ship has QB injury issues. Safe to say every team has injuries as I believe players are bigger stronger and faster even in D 2 which equals more collisions. In addition hardly anyone hits full throttle in camp so the banging on Saturday is probably the only contact they see and feel.
    McCracken took a bit in the first half of the Seton Hill game. If Sam Johnson, who played the second half, was hurt I must have missed that. He looked OK. If Ship doesn't get its o-line playing better, they could have Mahomes at QB and it wouldn't make much difference.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

I don't think their first two games were easy by any means. Easier than last year, but, well, 38-35 isn't that easy. Ship will play its best game so far this year this week. Everybody gets up for IUP. Teams rise up for the hated program.

I'm not warm and fuzzy, but some good things appeared.

* Unlike some past teams, this group didn't implode under pressure. Players weren't bickering with coaches and teammates on the sideline. Helmets weren't being launched. That was a great sign. That 28-0 ESU run may have wrecked a couple of Tort's previous teams.

* The defensive cavalry is on the way.

* Prior to ESU no-showing the Pace game, they were thought of pretty highly by many on here. I never thought they'd be a pushover. It's pretty clear they looked right past Pace.

* Between numerous injuries, pre-game scratches, blowing a 20-0 lead, staging a comeback and hitting a walk-off FG ... not sure a team can face more adversity in its first game. It was a small miracle to get out of there with a win.

Personally, I think they'll win fairly comfortable this week. Bigger the road crowd the better Tort teams play. They got the 'first week' out of the way. And, then, of course, they'll beat Mercyhurst, 10-7, in 4 OT in the home opener. Joking aside, I sure hope they play better at home this year.
    Let's put it this way. If you don't win comfortably this week, you'll be in a world of hurt later this season. Obviously, I'm hoping things change, but for the first two games this is probably the worst Ship offense I've seen in years — certainly nothing like a typical Coach Mac squad.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

USFL
    Hated to see his time at IUP end the way it did -- for both parties. Best of luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

USFL
    Exactly my point...

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Is that The Rock’s XFL?
    USFL

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Nazir Streater has signed with the Houston Gamblers.
    Is that The Rock’s XFL?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nazir Streater has signed with the Houston Gamblers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Strong analysis for sure and don’t forget they are really excited to see #1 get started as they believe he is a top of the region type back..We shall see.
    Strength of schedule-wise, the ESU road win should eventually help them. ESU will probably lose to both Kutztown and Shepherd, but may win the rest of its games. I could see them finishing at 7-4.

If they finish 7-4, that gives IUP a very nice road win for the resume.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

I don't think their first two games were easy by any means. Easier than last year, but, well, 38-35 isn't that easy. Ship will play its best game so far this year this week. Everybody gets up for IUP. Teams rise up for the hated program.

I'm not warm and fuzzy, but some good things appeared.

* Unlike some past teams, this group didn't implode under pressure. Players weren't bickering with coaches and teammates on the sideline. Helmets weren't being launched. That was a great sign. That 28-0 ESU run may have wrecked a couple of Tort's previous teams.

* The defensive cavalry is on the way.

* Prior to ESU no-showing the Pace game, they were thought of pretty highly by many on here. I never thought they'd be a pushover. It's pretty clear they looked right past Pace.

* Between numerous injuries, pre-game scratches, blowing a 20-0 lead, staging a comeback and hitting a walk-off FG ... not sure a team can face more adversity in its first game. It was a small miracle to get out of there with a win.

Personally, I think they'll win fairly comfortable this week. Bigger the road crowd the better Tort teams play. They got the 'first week' out of the way. And, then, of course, they'll beat Mercyhurst, 10-7, in 4 OT in the home opener. Joking aside, I sure hope they play better at home this year.
    Strong analysis for sure and don’t forget they are really excited to see #1 get started as they believe he is a top of the region type back..We shall see.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X