Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Not much being said about the IUP RB situation which has always been a stable of great backs. Stewert and Howser will get there shots I believe as a two headed monster. If they stay Healthy goods things should occur.
    Two kids who combined, ran for almost 1,000 yards and had over half of IUP's carries last year will be tough to replace...

Comment

• Saw from the Twitter pics that WR Luke Hardy practiced today. Interesting player here ... big WR at 6'4" and 210-ish. He's been around forever but had a redshirt year, Covid year and then a medical redshirt last year. I guess that makes him a football redshirt freshman. Interested to see how he fits in to the plans this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Two kids who combined, ran for almost 1,000 yards and had over half of IUP's carries last year will be tough to replace...
        Not really, those guys were too small and left a ton of yards on the table. Evans was not the same back age and reps got to him on the tiny frame. These 2 backs are special IF healthy trust me. Stewert got his weight down and looks like a feature back and Howser comes with high pedigree, we shall see.

Comment

Not really, those guys were too small and left a ton of yards on the table. Evans was not the same back age and reps got to him on the tiny frame. These 2 backs are special IF healthy trust me. Stewert got his weight down and looks like a feature back and Howser comes with high pedigree, we shall see.
          Jack said on the radio he thought Stewart looks to be around 185 lbs. He played around 215 lbs last year.

Comment

Correct. We shall see. They both seem to have a high ceiling but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the backs lower on the depth chart emerges, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Jack said on the radio he thought Stewart looks to be around 185 lbs. He played around 215 lbs last year.
              Looking forward to seeing Jack in September. We don't make him climb any ladders at ESU...

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if one of the backs lower on the depth chart emerges, as well.
                Like who?
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Like who?
                  Name slips me but what position is the big RB from McKeesport going to play this year? I recall he was technically a RB at the start of last year but then they were working him out at rush end.

Also, is the Edinboro transfer RB who sat out last year going to figure in much on offense?

Comment

Like who?
                    - There is a pretty good chance that they will need to have more than two RB's ready to play over the season with the potential for injuries ...... if they don't have more than two RB's who can play well enough it could become a significant problem.

- Of course, it would be nice to have the 2022 season football roster available to know everyone who is in the "RB room" this season.

- Is there a list anywhere of the full coaching staff for those of us who don't live in the Indiana area (the IUP website has only 6 full-time coaches listed .... is that it ?)?

Comment

Like who?
                      I was thinking of Woody and Glenn.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalieman View Post

- There is a pretty good chance that they will need to have more than two RB's ready to play over the season with the potential for injuries ...... if they don't have more than two RB's who can play well enough it could become a significant problem.

- Of course, it would be nice to have the 2022 season football roster available to know everyone who is in the "RB room" this season.

- Is there a list anywhere of the full coaching staff for those of us who don't live in the Indiana area (the IUP website has only 6 full-time coaches listed .... is that it ?)?

They'll definitely need more than two RBs if history is any indication. It's become a tradition of sorts on here to talk about how deep IUP is at the position, and how will they possibly get everybody enough carries. And, of course, by the Homecoming game they are down to 1-2 healthy ball carriers. That position is just a pain from a health standpoint -- constantly banged up ankles, knees, etc.

There is some depth behind Stewart and Houser. Dorian Woody (Edinboro transfer) has had some success in the PSAC (2019). He's built similar to Justice Evans. Terrance Glenn is a monster, size-wise, if in fact he is still a running back. He's a tremendous athlete and is in the 6'4", 220 lb range. He played about 8 different positions at McKeesport. They'll utilize him somewhere -- perhaps on both sides of the ball. Vinny Sirianni is also in the mix. He had a stellar career at Peters Twp., and has been in the program now a couple years.

Those were the only four on the Spring roster. They also elected not to sign any RBs in this current freshmen class. So, I have a hunch we may see a new name on the roster (if it ever actually surfaces). It wouldn't surprise me if they added a transfer over the summer for some extra depth.

Quality depth is, my opinion, the number one culprit of why PSAC teams can't do very good outside of the region in the playoffs. It's about 99.9 percent certain the team you put out on opening day won't be the same team you have in late October/November. It's almost guaranteed you'll lose players to season-ending injuries, etc. With our scholarship limitations, our 'quality' depth takes a big drop when you start talking players 30-55 on the roster. I think our top teams' players 1-25 (or so) can match up with just about anybody. The depth is our killer. I mean, we can be told via 'coach speak' all day long about 'next man up', etc., but the reality is with our scholarship limits the 'next man up' is usually a significant downgrade.

Comment

• My only hesitations with Woody are a) can he replicate his performance from Edinboro in 2019, and b) he hasn't played college football in 3 years. I also can't remember what happened in 2019 - but Woody only had 4 touches for 21 yards in the last two games and CJ Reyes Diggs had 52 for 230 yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I was thinking of Woody and Glenn.
                            Glenn is not on the roster. I don't know how Woody fits into their plans.

From what I have seen and heard at practice, they are high on a true freshman, Parker Gregg.

Houser looks healthy and ready to roll. Stewart has lost some weight but seems more explosive.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Glenn is not on the roster. I don't know how Woody fits into their plans.

From what I have seen and heard at practice, they are high on a true freshman, Parker Gregg.

Houser looks healthy and ready to roll. Stewart has lost some weight but seems more explosive.
                              Parker Gregg highlights below ........

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12614650/Parker-Gregg

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X