X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Grubbs is a big loss. I'm sure one of the younger guys can step up but Grubbs is special at this level. Some games it won't make a difference but in big games he could change the game with a punt.

As far as backup QB I'm still not sure why there is little confidence in the others guys who have been in the program. As I remember reading, the kid from Colorado might have a lot of potential but the team he played for in Colorado actually competed at the JV level because they were just reinstating the program or something. Plus, I think he moved around a lot and doesn't really have a strong pedigree on paper. However, I trust Tort who says he's pretty good.
    He played last year at The Kiski School.

They fluctuate with talent from year to year but typically have a lot of it. They also typically have some post-grad players.

Being that is only about 30 minutes from IUP, I'm sure they got to see him in person. They play similar private prep schools and the competition is fairly high.

They have to be smart with Sexton ... i.e. no stat-padding in blowouts, etc. If that means he sits the 4th quarter so be it.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Grubbs is a big loss. I'm sure one of the younger guys can step up but Grubbs is special at this level. Some games it won't make a difference but in big games he could change the game with a punt.

As far as backup QB I'm still not sure why there is little confidence in the others guys who have been in the program. As I remember reading, the kid from Colorado might have a lot of potential but the team he played for in Colorado actually competed at the JV level because they were just reinstating the program or something. Plus, I think he moved around a lot and doesn't really have a strong pedigree on paper. However, I trust Tort who says he's pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Why would he have had to sit a year coming from Bryant?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sexton has two years so as mentioned signing a (quality) backup transfer wasn't going to be easy.

Awful news on Grubbs. He's certainly one of the top punters in D2.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When does IUP report to camp?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    When does IUP report to camp?

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Let's get this roster released.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP Football tweeted they have an announcement coming today.

Those silly teasers over there lol.
    So. What was it?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Looks like both SRU and IUP HC's picked Cal instead of picking the other 1st.
    Voting for Slimey is a no no.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    I was about to say "Who voted for Cal U?" Thank you for making sense of this...

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    PSAC preseason poll out - IUP picked in a tie with SRU atop the PSAC West.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Football tweeted they have an announcement coming today.

Those silly teasers over there lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Let's get this roster released.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X