Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Shepherd had close to 30 Grad students or Seniors on their roster last year. You don't just replace that amount of talent with no drop-off. Kutztown will have a new QB and also has 22 Srs or R Srs to replace. Seems to me that's rewarding past performance.
    I just want to remind everyone of this gem of a take. It seems like the coaches had the top two teams right.

Comment

Actually, I don't think either Shepherd or Kutztown are as good as they were last year, but nobody else in the East stepped forward at all to challenge them. Shippensburg is young with injuries mounting up and noticeably worse than last season, West Chester was a somewhat surprising disappointment, and East Stroudsburg could not bring big wins home. Bloomsburg struggled, and Lock Haven has been a continuing disaster. Only Millersville really seemed to show much improvement, and they've been so far below the mark that they're going to have to come up a lot more to challenge the big boys. They did give Kutztown a tussle this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
        Actually, I don't think either Shepherd or Kutztown are as good as they were last year, but nobody else in the East stepped forward at all to challenge them. Shippensburg is young with injuries mounting up and noticeably worse than last season, West Chester was a somewhat surprising disappointment, and East Stroudsburg could not bring big wins home. Bloomsburg struggled, and Lock Haven has been a continuing disaster. Only Millersville really seemed to show much improvement, and they've been so far below the mark that they're going to have to come up a lot more to challenge the big boys. They did give Kutztown a tussle this week.
        I don't think Kutztown is good. I think Shepherd is definitely better on defense. The offense is maybe not as explosive, but it's rounding out well.

Comment

I think the Rams play the last two weeks has been outstanding. They seem to be peeking at the right time. I know the competition hasn’t been stellar, but they are taking care of business.

With loses by IUP and Ashland, it is a no brainer they will be ranked first in the region unless they rank them in alphabetical order again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
            I think the Rams play the last two weeks has been outstanding. They seem to be peeking at the right time. I know the competition hasn’t been stellar, but they are taking care of business.

With loses by IUP and Ashland, it is a no brainer they will be ranked first in the region unless they rank them in alphabetical order again.
            Not saying that Shepherd isn't a good team, just that they haven't had a lot of pushback from most of the rest of the division. I shudder to think how bad the East would be this year if Shepherd hadn't replaced Cheyney a couple of seasons back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I don't think Kutztown is good. I think Shepherd is definitely better on defense. The offense is maybe not as explosive, but it's rounding out well.
              Kutztown is decent on defense, which they ought to be starting four grad students and six seniors (at least when they played Ship). I was not impressed by their offense.

Comment

Not saying that Shepherd isn't a good team, just that they haven't had a lot of pushback from most of the rest of the division. I shudder to think how bad the East would be this year if Shepherd hadn't replaced Cheyney a couple of seasons back.
                As I said, our competition hasn’t been great, but we have beaten who has been in front of us.

The West Chester game last week reminded me a lot of the 2015 game Shep played against Fairmont. Both were above average teams, Shep playing thenm on the road and dominating.

This team is playing solid defense and that is what we lacked last year. Stay healthy and we can go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

As I said, our competition hasn’t been great, but we have beaten who has been in front of us.

The West Chester game last week reminded me a lot of the 2015 game Shep played against Fairmont. Both were above average teams, Shep playing thenm on the road and dominating.

This team is playing solid defense and that is what we lacked last year. Stay healthy and we can go deep in the playoffs.
                  Just pray for good weather in Indiana in two weeks.

If you have it, Bagent will throw for 500 yards and 6-7 TDs.

Comment

Honestly, one reason that Bagent put up those numbers last season is that he had to keep slinging it in shootouts. Also, the defense was so prone yo give up a quick TD that he was back on the field often. This year, Brown's improvement and a more solid defense means that Shepherd doesn't always have to be on the attack.

Comment

That's really probably IUP's only prayer in that game ... the fact Shepherd hasn't been remotely tested in 6 weeks leading in to the State Game.

But, unless some miracle happens with the IUP defense, it won't matter much anyway. They have talent but are so undisciplined they are hard to watch at times. Skilled QBs, well, we saw yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's really probably IUP's only prayer in that game ... the fact Shepherd hasn't been remotely tested in 6 weeks leading in to the State Game.

But, unless some miracle happens with the IUP defense, it won't matter much anyway. They have talent but are so undisciplined they are hard to watch at times. Skilled QBs, well, we saw yesterday.
                        I agree. You have reason to worry after Saturday's game. Gannon is improved this season, but there's no way I saw them doing that to IUP.

Comment

I agree. You have reason to worry after Saturday's game. Gannon is improved this season, but there's no way I saw them doing that to IUP.
                          I think it's more likely that yesterday was an anomaly for IUP. The defense is better than that. I don't know what happened but if you look at Tort's pre-game concerns it was an iffy situation from the get-go.

Assuming the State Game is between Shep and IUP, look for an interesting contest. IUP has to make some adjustments. You always do after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think it's more likely that yesterday was an anomaly for IUP. The defense is better than that. I don't know what happened but if you look at Tort's pre-game concerns it was an iffy situation from the get-go.

Assuming the State Game is between Shep and IUP, look for an interesting contest. IUP has to make some adjustments. You always do after a loss.
                            It should be an interesting State Game if that's what it turns out to be (and odds are it will). Good QBs and skill players on both teams. I'd certainly watch it.

Comment

I probably missed it. But if IUP, Slippery Rock, and Gannon win their final games; who goes on to the PSAC Champ game?

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                                I probably missed it. But if IUP, Slippery Rock, and Gannon win their final games; who goes on to the PSAC Champ game?
                                IUP

If IUP and SRU win this Saturday, the result of Cal/GU is irrelevant (to the State Game).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X