Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    I have no feeling at all plus or minus on Ship this year. Maybe some other Ship posters can offer some insights. I think there is an opportunity to surprise if some of the young talent from last season continues to improve. Mussina is a big loss, but there are QBs on the roster (Johnson III and McCracken) who look on paper to have a lot of potential. The problem is that it might take a few games for some of the new pieces to get up to snuff, and a brutal five-game home schedule (after Seton Hill, it's IUP, Shepherd, Kutztown, and ESU,) this year isn't going to allow much time to do so. When your schedule dictates that one of last year's regional finalists is going to be your Homecoming game, you know you have some work to do.

I think a 7-4 season would be good based on this year's schedule, and 8-3 or a repeat of last year's 9-2 would be exceptional
    I don't think we're looking at anything great here. Probably right about where Ram had them.

I will say that they sound quite high on BC transfer Sam Johnson III at QB, to the extent that I don't think he'll be a huge drop-off from Mussina. They love that he had a season in the press box to learn the intricacies of the offense.

But I believe there are going to be times when the conference's better offenses are going to move the ball at will on Ship. And the ground game looks pedestrian at best, Dorsey and little else.

Over to Shepherd: As I mentioned in the other thread, Blake Hartman is a high-level transfer for a D-Ii program. I suspect he's going to force them to get the ball in his hands early and often. (First NIL payoff I've seen for the PSAC: Tyson Bagent doing a TV commercial for Hagerstown Ford.)

The 'Ville: Morgan has landed some impressive recruiting classes the last few years, enough that if they don't start moving up, I'll have to begin doubting the coaching staff. I have to think a lot of PSAC programs would love to build with the Morris brothers at RB. Both studs.

Lock Haven had a young QB with some promise in Jordan Heisey ... and he transfers to Duquesne.
    They just can't catch a break.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 07-29-2022, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I don't think we're looking at anything great here. Probably right about where Ram had them.

I will say that they sound quite high on BC transfer Sam Johnson III at QB, to the extent that I don't think he'll be a huge drop-off from Mussina. They love that he had a season in the press box to learn the intricacies of the offense.

But I believe there are going to be times when the conference's better offenses are going to move the ball at will on Ship. And the ground game looks pedestrian at best, Dorsey and little else.

Over to Shepherd: As I mentioned in the other thread, Blake Hartman is a high-level transfer for a D-Ii program. I suspect he's going to force them to get the ball in his hands early and often. (First NIL payoff I've seen for the PSAC: Tyson Bagent doing a TV commercial for Hagerstown Ford.)

The 'Ville: Morgan has landed some impressive recruiting classes the last few years, enough that if they don't start moving up, I'll have to begin doubting the coaching staff. I have to think a lot of PSAC programs would love to build with the Morris brothers at RB. Both studs.

Lock Haven had a young QB with some promise in Jordan Heisey ... and he transfers to Duquesne.
      You're probably right. I think they have some good pieces coming in, but the schedule this year won't give them much of a break.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Not sure of Heisey's situation but Lock Haven has 5 Qbs coming in the fall w 2 of them being grad transfers. Grad taransfer Danny Sanchez is coming from Div 1 FCS Stony Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Not sure of Heisey's situation but Lock Haven has 5 Qbs coming in the fall w 2 of them being grad transfers. Grad taransfer Danny Sanchez is coming from Div 1 FCS Stony Brook.
          Sounds to me that they have no QB if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Sounds to me that they have no QB if that's the case.
            I think Sanchez is designated as the QB but it can all change as things progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Bloom has 47 newcomers this year, and only a handful of pre-Sheptock returnees. Good to see DB Monaco added to the roster for his 5th year. It is difficult to predict with all the youngsters and only four seniors, but hopefully they show improvement.
              I recall speaking to some folks at last years home opener, and they were saying it was the youngest team in about 40 years. Not sure what to expect this year in terms of wins/losses, but hopefully more competitive.
              GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

I recall speaking to some folks at last years home opener, and they were saying it was the youngest team in about 40 years. Not sure what to expect this year in terms of wins/losses, but hopefully more competitive.
                A coach who wasn't a positive role model is gone, and so are some of the disgruntled players and perhaps their parents from this board. I am hoping for a more positive team mentality that starts to pay off on the field, but it is still a very young team.

Comment

Can't believe this isn't here yet...

https://psacsports.org/news/2022/8/3...ason-poll.aspx

Thoughts?

I'd say either the East coaches know things we don't or they're rewarding past performance.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    Can't believe this isn't here yet...

https://psacsports.org/news/2022/8/3...ason-poll.aspx

Thoughts?

I'd say either the East coaches know things we don't or they're rewarding past performance.
                    I suppose you could argue East Stroud ahead of Ship. Other than that, and that has to be decided on the field, I don't see much out of line. I'd say Shepherd and Kutztown are the top dogs until someone proves otherwise. West Chester had a lot of young talent last year and played well down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I suppose you could argue East Stroud ahead of Ship. Other than that, and that has to be decided on the field, I don't see much out of line. I'd say Shepherd and Kutztown are the top dogs until someone proves otherwise. West Chester had a lot of young talent last year and played well down the stretch.
                      Shepherd had close to 30 Grad students or Seniors on their roster last year. You don't just replace that amount of talent with no drop-off. Kutztown will have a new QB and also has 22 Srs or R Srs to replace. Seems to me that's rewarding past performance.

Comment

Shepherd had close to 30 Grad students or Seniors on their roster last year. You don't just replace that amount of talent with no drop-off. Kutztown will have a new QB and also has 22 Srs or R Srs to replace. Seems to me that's rewarding past performance.
                        Cool story. Maybe you'll get to see Bagent break Terwilliger's the career TD pass mark, if he and Shepherd are fortunate enough.

Comment

By week three the relative strengths and weaknesses of SHEP and KUTZ should be clear after they've both faced CAL on their home field. If the VULCANS have any success my guess is it will be versus KU. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Cool story. Maybe you'll get to see Bagent break Terwilliger's the career TD pass mark, if he and Shepherd are fortunate enough.
                            The great Ric Flair said it best.

To be the man ... you gotta beat the man.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The great Ric Flair said it best.

To be the man ... you gotta beat the man.
                              And to beat the man, you gotta walk that aisle!

Comment

So who would you pick ahead of either of them?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X