Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

And to beat the man, you gotta walk that aisle!
    Wooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Cool story. Maybe you'll get to see Bagent break Terwilliger's the career TD pass mark, if he and Shepherd are fortunate enough.
      Records are made and meant to be broken, should anyone be fortunate enough.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Shepherd had close to 30 Grad students or Seniors on their roster last year. You don't just replace that amount of talent with no drop-off. Kutztown will have a new QB and also has 22 Srs or R Srs to replace. Seems to me that's rewarding past performance.
        Unless you're a team like Shepherd with a history of success, then you do replace that amount of talent with more talent. C'mon dude, you've been around long enough to know how this works.

Comment

Shepherd had close to 30 Grad students or Seniors on their roster last year. You don't just replace that amount of talent with no drop-off. Kutztown will have a new QB and also has 22 Srs or R Srs to replace. Seems to me that's rewarding past performance.
          I think you'd better wait to see some of the incoming Shepherd talent before you lock that down.

Comment

Ton of talent lost by both yes, Shepherd reloads on offense (Bagent coming back is the key here) and I don't suspect a drop off at all. They'll be better on offense. Defense is the big ? mark. But there is very good young talent there, that is just unproven. 2 guys that I think we'll hear more about are Jack Baxter and Devon Lynch. Unproven but I think they'll be all conference picks sooner than later and once they establish that level of play, Rams should be fine. Rams have earned the "rewarding past performance" justification.

Comment

Definitely a learning year for KU. I think Blaine is most likely the new starting QB, dark horse for the spot probably goes to Sanchez. 3 of the 4 top rushers from last season are returning. Majority of the starting OL returning as well. D-Line and secondary lost most of their starters. Even during off years, KU manages to do pretty well. I think they at most go 8-3; 7-4 at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I think you'd better wait to see some of the incoming Shepherd talent before you lock that down.
                I think you'd better re-think your importance on incoming talent. How many true Freshman do you think will make that much of an impact?

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Unless you're a team like Shepherd with a history of success, then you do replace that amount of talent with more talent. C'mon dude, you've been around long enough to know how this works.
                  Long enough to know that teams are built from the Senior class downward, not the other way around...Case in point: Jaco Sattmini is in camp at ESU. The former Bloomsburg Kicker will be counted on to help the Warriors Special teams. He'll be a contributor because of his experience.

Comment

I think you'd better re-think your importance on incoming talent. How many true Freshman do you think will make that much of an impact?
                    But how many are true Freshmen?

Comment

Long enough to know that teams are built from the Senior class downward, not the other way around...Case in point: Jaco Sattmini is in camp at ESU. The former Bloomsburg Kicker will be counted on to help the Warriors Special teams. He'll be a contributor because of his experience.
                      You really just used a kicker as your example. Sometimes it's very difficult to take you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

You really just used a kicker as your example. Sometimes it's very difficult to take you seriously.
                        Considering their kicker from last year transferred out, it was one of the first things I noticed at practice today. If you'd like another example, I expect Jahan Worth to make an impact at LB. He transferred in from Duquesne. I have no doubt that transfers can make an impact on any team. I stand by my point that Freshman generally don't. Many coaches would rather put a redshirt on a first-year player than play him.

PS I never take myself too seriously, so don't worry about it...
                        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 08-10-2022, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I'll give incoming FCS transfers all the street cred they deserve. I recognize that's more than you would.

Comment

Looks like Ship finally has its full 2022 roster up with more of the true freshman on it. Also noticed Bill Williams back on the roster. Don't know how well some of them will play, but the size of young kids today is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                              Looks like Ship finally has its full 2022 roster up with more of the true freshman on it. Also noticed Bill Williams back on the roster. Don't know how well some of them will play, but the size of young kids today is amazing.
                              Until you see them in person and all the kids listed as 6'2" are maybe 5'10". No bigger scam around than program heights and weights.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Until you see them in person and all the kids listed as 6'2" are maybe 5'10". No bigger scam around than program heights and weights.
                                They have a couple of freshmen kids coming in at 335 pounds. Take 50 pounds off of them and that's still a big kid. After more than 50 years of writing about and observing school sports, I'm well aware of program size inflation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X