Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

And the VP of Athletics Chuancy Wimbush for beating a hasty exit from campus as well.
    Fair criticism for happening under his watch essentially, but we love Chauncey and what he’s done at shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Fair criticism for happening under his watch essentially, but we love Chauncey and what he’s done at shepherd.
      I wonder about the timing of his departure. Seems very coincidental that at the same time certain player eligibility "irregularities" are discovered, Chauncey shuffles off to Ohio. You'd think he's want to stay around and fix the problem at the school that gave him so much.

I'm also curious how long the now departed Compliance Director was in that position? My experience with persons responsible for compliance jobs (albeit not NCAA compliance) is that they don't suddenly wake up and decide to do their jobs wrong. Typically the problem extends from the time they took the compliance position to the time they are discovered.

Comment

I've known Chauncey for 25+ years and he is a 'stand-up' type of guy that always took full responsibility on and off the field. Shepherd was never going to be his final stop and he was pretty open about taking the opportunity to help the University the best he could but eventually, he had his sights on bigger opportunities. You don't just get a D1 Athletic position overnight - it can take several months to go through the interview process - So, I know he didn't just 'Exit stage right' when this all went South. It is true it was on his watch and I'm sure he would be one of the first to take responsibility for it, but I am confident he didn't become aware of the issue and say he needs to leave ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
          I've known Chauncey for 25+ years and he is a 'stand-up' type of guy that always took full responsibility on and off the field. Shepherd was never going to be his final stop and he was pretty open about taking the opportunity to help the University the best he could but eventually, he had his sights on bigger opportunities. You don't just get a D1 Athletic position overnight - it can take several months to go through the interview process - So, I know he didn't just 'Exit stage right' when this all went South. It is true it was on his watch and I'm sure he would be one of the first to take responsibility for it, but I am confident he didn't become aware of the issue and say he needs to leave ASAP.
          Well put and sums it up for the majority of the Ram Faithful I think.

Boat likes to stir the pot, its not bball season yet so he's got a lot of time on his hands. Basically how we feel in the winter with our bball program.

Comment

I wonder about the timing of his departure. Seems very coincidental that at the same time certain player eligibility "irregularities" are discovered, Chauncey shuffles off to Ohio. You'd think he's want to stay around and fix the problem at the school that gave him so much.

I'm also curious how long the now departed Compliance Director was in that position? My experience with persons responsible for compliance jobs (albeit not NCAA compliance) is that they don't suddenly wake up and decide to do their jobs wrong. Typically the problem extends from the time they took the compliance position to the time they are discovered.
            The compliance director had been there a little over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

The compliance director had been there a little over a year.
              Not that any of us really know... but almost all of the blame is headed in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not that any of us really know... but almost all of the blame is headed in that direction.
                Sure...The Compliance Director should get the blame, but this person has a boss who should also bear a good portion of the blame. In NCAA terms they call it lack of instruction control. Who was in charge of the Compliance Director?

Comment

Sure...The Compliance Director should get the blame, but this person has a boss who should also bear a good portion of the blame. In NCAA terms they call it lack of instruction control. Who was in charge of the Compliance Director?
                  Somebody and someone is in charge of somebody and somebody is in charge of someone and somebody is in charge of someone. Get the picture…

Comment

Originally posted by RamPride View Post

Somebody and someone is in charge of somebody and somebody is in charge of someone and somebody is in charge of someone. Get the picture…
                    Lack of institutional control in the Athletic Department.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Worry about your fully funded **** show…

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I remember that one time when WLU was good. Shepherd didn't break any rules. They caught the issue. That's called institutional control, you jackass.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamPride View Post

Worry about your fully funded **** show…
                          Well gee...The Sheapherd faithful seemed to relish in coming onto the MEC board and taking some shots...but when the shoe is on the other foot, the ramfans get their panties all bunched up. Thin skinned ramfans can dish but don't seem to be able to take any criticism!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I remember that one time when WLU was good. Shepherd didn't break any rules. They caught the issue. That's called institutional control, you jackass.
                            Institutional control is stopping the problem BEFORE the paperwork is filed. Finding a problem AFTER the fact is not institutional control...not by a long shot.

Comment

• So on the field …

Today the Defense stepped up and for the most part did their part to try and get Shepherd the win. It becomes an impossible task when the offense coughs up the ball five times and struggles to move downfield when it does hold onto the ball.

Special Teams continues to contribute in big ways with big returns and a heads up play to recover the football.

But on offense … just wow! Five turnovers. Coach McCook said they weather really wasn’t a factor in the game. I wasn’t there but it appeared to lack as much rain as I think most anticipated …

… the two INTs appeared to me to just be absolutely horrible decisions by the QB.

Is Kutztown’s secondary that good? Or did Seth Morgan regress in the worst way today? And if you’re Brown, how do you make amends for fumbling the ball three times? And does the coaching staff chalk it up to a fluke in less than ideal conditions or do they need coach that out of him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
                                So on the field …

Today the Defense stepped up and for the most part did their part to try and get Shepherd the win. It becomes an impossible task when the offense coughs up the ball five times and struggles to move downfield when it does hold onto the ball.

Special Teams continues to contribute in big ways with big returns and a heads up play to recover the football.

But on offense … just wow! Five turnovers. Coach McCook said they weather really wasn’t a factor in the game. I wasn’t there but it appeared to lack as much rain as I think most anticipated …

… the two INTs appeared to me to just be absolutely horrible decisions by the QB.

Is Kutztown’s secondary that good? Or did Seth Morgan regress in the worst way today? And if you’re Brown, how do you make amends for fumbling the ball three times? And does the coaching staff chalk it up to a fluke in less than ideal conditions or do they need coach that out of him?
                                Worst Shepherd performance I’ve ever seen on offense. Running backs are converted WR’s who can’t hold on to the ball and senior QB was outplayed by a freshman. I’ve seen enough of his lack of seeing the field. Go with Powell and get him some experience going forward..pathetic day in Shepherdstown..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X