Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, horrible performance on offense. Other than playing the “big boys” in the semi’s the last few years, we have not looked this bad. The weather was not that bad, the rain stopped just before the game and it was not a factor. I’m sure the ball was wet but it was for both teams. KU has had our number the last few years.

Not sure how this team will do going forward. Teams we used to beat 56-7, are now 35-28. Let’s hope things get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
      I agree, horrible performance on offense. Other than playing the “big boys” in the semi’s the last few years, we have not looked this bad. The weather was not that bad, the rain stopped just before the game and it was not a factor. I’m sure the ball was wet but it was for both teams. KU has had our number the last few years.

Not sure how this team will do going forward. Teams we used to beat 56-7, are now 35-28. Let’s hope things get better.
      Shepherd probably has slipped a little this season (Bagent was a talent you'll get every 15-20 years at the D2 level if you're lucky), but some of the other schools are moving forward a bit. Some of results the past few seasons have been the result both of Shepherd being very good and the rest of the PSAC East being at about as low an ebb as I've seen it in quite a while. It's funny that Kutztown has probably been the chief challenge to Shepherd in the East recently as Kutztown has a relatively undistinguished football record until the past 10 years or so. They've really picked it up in Golden Bear land. Millersville and Stroud are finally picking it up. I don't know what's going on with West Chester as they should be much better with the resources they have available. Bloom and Ship have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse the past few seasons and need to pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
        I agree, horrible performance on offense. Other than playing the “big boys” in the semi’s the last few years, we have not looked this bad. The weather was not that bad, the rain stopped just before the game and it was not a factor. I’m sure the ball was wet but it was for both teams. KU has had our number the last few years.

Just one loss. Shepherd is still very much in it. You clearly don’t have the team you did the last few years, but it’s still a really good team that’s capable of winning the PSAC. Most teams have a day like this. I’d be surprised if the Rams lose again in the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
          So on the field …

Today the Defense stepped up and for the most part did their part to try and get Shepherd the win. It becomes an impossible task when the offense coughs up the ball five times and struggles to move downfield when it does hold onto the ball.

Special Teams continues to contribute in big ways with big returns and a heads up play to recover the football.

But on offense … just wow! Five turnovers. Coach McCook said they weather really wasn’t a factor in the game. I wasn’t there but it appeared to lack as much rain as I think most anticipated …

… the two INTs appeared to me to just be absolutely horrible decisions by the QB.

Is Kutztown’s secondary that good? Or did Seth Morgan regress in the worst way today? And if you’re Brown, how do you make amends for fumbling the ball three times? And does the coaching staff chalk it up to a fluke in less than ideal conditions or do they need coach that out of him?
          I was at the game. It rained a lot before the game. It stopped raining during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Shepherd probably has slipped a little this season (Bagent was a talent you'll get every 15-20 years at the D2 level if you're lucky), but some of the other schools are moving forward a bit. Some of results the past few seasons have been the result both of Shepherd being very good and the rest of the PSAC East being at about as low an ebb as I've seen it in quite a while. It's funny that Kutztown has probably been the chief challenge to Shepherd in the East recently as Kutztown has a relatively undistinguished football record until the past 10 years or so. They've really picked it up in Golden Bear land. Millersville and Stroud are finally picking it up. I don't know what's going on with West Chester as they should be much better with the resources they have available. Bloom and Ship have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse the past few seasons and need to pick it up.
            This game was about Shepherds ineptitude on offense, period..

Comment

• As good as we played last week on the road at Cal, it was very disappointing to watch this game today. Other teams in the east are catching up, it will be tough to run the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Just one loss. Shepherd is still very much in it. You clearly don’t have the team you did the last few years, but it’s still a really good team that’s capable of winning the PSAC. Most teams have a day like this. I’d be surprised if the Rams lose again in the regular season.
                Shepherd indeed might not lose the rest of the regular season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Shepherd indeed might not lose the rest of the regular season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
                  Rams are too inconsistent. Prob going to have 2-3 losses with how improved the east seems to be.

kutztown has the rams number though. Some teams just make for better matchups. The bad weather performances are starting to get annoying. Makes the program look soft.

Comment

• I mentioned it in my picks, but it would be ironic (I don't know, ask Alanis Morrisette) if Lek Powell got his first real action against Shippensburg, where his dad was receivers coach for about a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      I mentioned it in my picks, but it would be ironic (I don't know, ask Alanis Morrisette) if Lek Powell got his first real action against Shippensburg, where his dad was receivers coach for about a decade.
                      I'm all for it. Rams just need the qb to make the right reads and stop looking for the hero throw every time they drop back. The playmakers are there, just get it in their hands in space.

You can certainly feel the angst amongst the fan base. We are spoiled rotten, and the Rams lost one game so we all need to relax in the big picture. But it has been glaring through 4 games how many times the offense is missing the easy reads/plays that extend drives. This isn't a freshman qb learning his way either, he's supposed to have been a veteran who played 2 years as a starter at the next level up. I'd rather take my lumps with Lek or another younger player so the team can grow with them into future years.

Again, only 1 loss. Defense still needs to play substantially better considering what was returning. Just take what the defense is giving you and sustain some drives.

Comment

• The IUP thread referencing possible exodus with their disappointing season gave me the idea to check on the Rams that left for greener pastures from past season(s). Here is the few I remember that left last year and "moved up:"

DT Jurnee Dunbar- after little interest, he ended up at Towson University. Has played sparingly in 3 games and did not get any snaps in 3 others. Has a total of 1 tackle through 6 games on the season.

WR Marlon Cook- had good interest and settled in at Tennessee Martin. Has participated in 6 games, but is running as the 5th or 6th WR on the team. Has 7 catches for 70 yds and 2 tds.

LB Devon Lynch- had a good bit of interest and settled at Western Kentucky University. Has played in 5 of 6 games thus far. Playing mostly special teams and a back up LB.

RB Avaughn Holley- Went into the portal as a grad transfer. I don't think he ended up with a spot anywhere else. Was a good back up RB for the rams and probably would have been the starter this year ironically with the exodus of RB's Shepherd had last spring.

Those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head, that were big losses to the roster IMO. Hope they are all happy where they ended up. Personally, for the last year or 2 of my football career, I'd want to play as much as possible. I'm skeptical it's really worked out as well as they all thought it would though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                          The IUP thread referencing possible exodus with their disappointing season gave me the idea to check on the Rams that left for greener pastures from past season(s). Here is the few I remember that left last year and "moved up:"

DT Jurnee Dunbar- after little interest, he ended up at Towson University. Has played sparingly in 3 games and did not get any snaps in 3 others. Has a total of 1 tackle through 6 games on the season.

WR Marlon Cook- had good interest and settled in at Tennessee Martin. Has participated in 6 games, but is running as the 5th or 6th WR on the team. Has 7 catches for 70 yds and 2 tds.

LB Devon Lynch- had a good bit of interest and settled at Western Kentucky University. Has played in 5 of 6 games thus far. Playing mostly special teams and a back up LB.

RB Avaughn Holley- Went into the portal as a grad transfer. I don't think he ended up with a spot anywhere else. Was a good back up RB for the rams and probably would have been the starter this year ironically with the exodus of RB's Shepherd had last spring.

Those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head, that were big losses to the roster IMO. Hope they are all happy where they ended up. Personally, for the last year or 2 of my football career, I'd want to play as much as possible. I'm skeptical it's really worked out as well as they all thought it would though.
                          Those were some big losses. While I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of making a decision to enter the transfer portal, if playing time is the number one criteria, I would say they would have been better off staying at Shep.

Comment

• So, was Jordan Barnett a victim of Compliance Gate at the beginning of the season? He's really becoming a huge part of the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                              So, was Jordan Barnett a victim of Compliance Gate at the beginning of the season? He's really becoming a huge part of the offense.
                              I think so, that was a disaster. Lucky they didn’t take another loss in those first few weeks. In ernie we trust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think so, that was a disaster. Lucky they didn’t take another loss in those first few weeks. In ernie we trust!
                                It really feels like Shepherd is playing a lot better than they were those first few weeks. Some of that is growth overall as a team. However, having more talent available has definitely helped.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X