Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post
    Everyone with a pulse knew he was fast. The question is can he run inside the tackles and stay healthy with that upright running style. Outstanding D2 back one of best I ever seen in following the PSAC the last twenty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Everyone with a pulse knew he was fast. The question is can he run inside the tackles and stay healthy with that upright running style. Outstanding D2 back one of best I ever seen in following the PSAC the last twenty years.
      I think versatility too. Can he catch, return kicks, block, etc. That's what made Danny Woodhead stick around in the NFL (also a coach that loved to give room for overlooked guys to prove themselves).

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think versatility too. Can he catch, return kicks, block, etc. That's what made Danny Woodhead stick around in the NFL (also a coach that loved to give room for overlooked guys to prove themselves).
        I think that special teams may be his route to initially finding a roster spot, although we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I think that special teams may be his route to initially finding a roster spot, although we'll see.
          I believe that's how Woodhead stuck around. Be the football version of a baseball utility player.

Comment

Brown has the skill set to be a valuable player. He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield and did return kickoffs. Adding punt returning ability would certainly help and he did have a few highlight plays at the NFLPA bowl on special teams coverage.

Running backs are a dime a dozen unfortunately. There may be 75 more guys across the country draft eligible this year in a similar skill set. His stock wasn't going to get any higher with how great he played this year and all the star power leaving the building in Bagent and Fisher and co. If NFL was the goal, he probably picked a good time to give it a try given the circumstances.

Comment

Did anyone make it to the spring game this past weekend? I was unable to attend but here was some stuff I heard:

Transfer from VMI QB Seth Morgan apparently got the first team reps in the Spring game. He and Etchison (top back up all of Bagents career) seemed to get most of the attention. Little Bagent isn't due in until fall camp, but most likely he'll be a redshirt I'd think.

RB Room is empty... Ronnie Brown declared for the draft, Holley transferred and the presumed returning starter Blake Hartman has apparently moved on from the sport entirely. Nazir Russell and Malaki Brown (Former WR) are the only names until some freshman arrive in the fall it looks like. Have heard Brown has looked very natural at RB and might be the fastest player on the team.

WR's I'm told looked solid overall, no standouts but a good solid group. OL working in some new faces had some struggles against a veteran DL group.

Defense, as in most cases, has looked superior to the offense majority of the game and all spring. They have a lot of faces coming back on D and adding some interesting pcs from the portal/recruiting that should make them one of the top units in the Region for the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                Did anyone make it to the spring game this past weekend? I was unable to attend but here was some stuff I heard:

Transfer from VMI QB Seth Morgan apparently got the first team reps in the Spring game. He and Etchison (top back up all of Bagents career) seemed to get most of the attention. Little Bagent isn't due in until fall camp, but most likely he'll be a redshirt I'd think.

RB Room is empty... Ronnie Brown declared for the draft, Holley transferred and the presumed returning starter Blake Hartman has apparently moved on from the sport entirely. Nazir Russell and Malaki Brown (Former WR) are the only names until some freshman arrive in the fall it looks like. Have heard Brown has looked very natural at RB and might be the fastest player on the team.

WR's I'm told looked solid overall, no standouts but a good solid group. OL working in some new faces had some struggles against a veteran DL group.

Defense, as in most cases, has looked superior to the offense majority of the game and all spring. They have a lot of faces coming back on D and adding some interesting pcs from the portal/recruiting that should make them one of the top units in the Region for the fall.
                I didn't but had a feeling our RB situation might be an issue -- Really hoping we might be able to snag someone from the portal during the 15-day period, from May 1-15. I'd have to think someone saw the success Ronnie had in the system and might want to transfer in.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I didn't but had a feeling our RB situation might be an issue -- Really hoping we might be able to snag someone from the portal during the 15-day period, from May 1-15. I'd have to think someone saw the success Ronnie had in the system and might want to transfer in.
                  The portal is going to be flooded as Spring camps break. I suspect we'll see a whole lot of activity during that period.

Works both ways, too. Our teams will likely tell some their services are no longer needed.

Usually when some come in this time of year it has to mean some are going out.

Comment

I attended. The biggest crowd I have seen at a Spring game. Practice included a lot of hitting and the offense and defense going after each other. Seth Morgan looked sharp and confident. The offense really rallied around him. Excited about the d line coach. The D looked hungry and fast. Need some bulk in the interior.

Comment

Word out of Ram land in the qb race is that it is Morgan and Powell heading into fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post
                        Word out of Ram land in the qb race is that it is Morgan and Powell heading into fall.
                        They are gonna give Morgan every opportunity to start. Team is going to look much much different on offense this fall.

Comment

They are gonna give Morgan every opportunity to start. Team is going to look much much different on offense this fall.
                          Shepherd starting quarterback going to be a kid from Pittsburgh Pa. ground zero for the PSAC West…just sayin.

Comment

Shepherd starting quarterback going to be a kid from Pittsburgh Pa. ground zero for the PSAC West…just sayin.
                            Yeah, Shepherd's recruiting net reaches into PA. It always has.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Yeah, Shepherd's recruiting net reaches into PA. It always has.
                              Heard he was guaranteed a starting job. So the rest of the room might be screwed no matter how they perform.

Comment

Should be a fun battle to watch down there in Ramville!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X