Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Will be very interesting. The Powell kid throws a great ball and has the strongest arm on the team. Very mobile with quick release. Have to believe Etchinson would know the offense better than any other qb on the team. Saw film on the transfer. Good athlete. Solid arm. Accuracy is a big question mark.
    I'm rooting for Powell. Haven't heard anything bad about him and if I recall correctly, he did travel to Mines in the playoffs which I'm taking as they believe in him as well in case something happened to Bagent. The other one not mentioned yet, and I don't believe has signed, is the little brother is still looming. True freshman rarely make an impact, especially at QB. But Tyson was a true freshman starter and I gotta imagine he is quite familiar with the offense. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

Shepherd hired a new OC. Seems a little unconventional considering his whole coaching background is as a defensive coach.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2023/2...YAZwkQ2L1cDmIE

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'm rooting for Powell. Haven't heard anything bad about him and if I recall correctly, he did travel to Mines in the playoffs which I'm taking as they believe in him as well in case something happened to Bagent. The other one not mentioned yet, and I don't believe has signed, is the little brother is still looming. True freshman rarely make an impact, especially at QB. But Tyson was a true freshman starter and I gotta imagine he is quite familiar with the offense. Will be interesting to see.
        Did Powell get any playing time last year? As I recall Etchison got a the mop up games. Any word on Beach?

Comment

Shepherd hired a new OC. Seems a little unconventional considering his whole coaching background is as a defensive coach.

We know Coach McCook runs the offense. Looks like Coach has Liberty connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

Did Powell get any playing time last year? As I recall Etchison got a the mop up games. Any word on Beach?
            Powell was 3 for 4 in the Lock Haven game. Had one dropped din the end zone. The prior year they saved his red shirt. Does not look like Beach is coming back.

Comment

Two in a row. Tyler Haines was a LB in college, LB coach and DC at a couple of places. He did have a stint at IUP as an OC.

Comment

Powell was 3 for 4 in the Lock Haven game. Had one dropped din the end zone. The prior year they saved his red shirt. Does not look like Beach is coming back.
                Yea, I've heard Beach isn't coming back either. Moving on from football/college altogether is the jist of what I've heard.

Comment

Slow day...

Shepherd just wrapped up year 3 in the PSAC, just for fun this is a personal opinion and snapshot of where each team in the conference is at over the last 3 years.

PSAC East:

Shepherd is 36-7. 2 regional titles, no conference titles. 3 playoff berths, playoff record 7-3. Trajectory is probably flat/slightly down now as a program considering the talent leaving this year.
                  Kutztown is 30-7. 2 playoff berths, 1 conference title. 2-2 playoff record. Trajectory is flat as well. Had a disappointing year last year considering how many upper classmen they had, but Clements is still there so don't expect much regression.
                  West Chester is 22-12. 1 playoff berth, 0-1 playoff record. Trajectory pointing down on the Walk-ons for me. I really thought they could be the sleeper last year, but they were average at best. Lost their best guy on offense and on defense to the portal.
                  Shippensburg is 18-15. Propped up by favorable scheduling in 2021, Trajectory is flat. QB carousel this past year, young team overall but didn't seem particular close in closing the gap at the top of the division of the last 3 years.
                  East Stroudsburg is 15-18. Disappointing year last year, after that IUP game thought they would have more success. Trajectory is flat/slightly down I'd say. Jimmy T is pretty much following in Denny's footsteps in leading a perpetually average program.
                  Bloomsburg is 12-21. Not sure where things are headed in year 3 for Sheptock. Offense seemed to lack much identity, although defense battled decent last year. Trajectory i'd say is slightly down for the Huskies until they get something figured out with the offense.
                  Millersville is 9-24. Very promising year in 2022. Trending UP for sure. Footman might be a guy they can build around on offense. Feel like there is some genuine excitement around that program now, will be interesting to see if they can make a move for the 3/4 spot this upcoming year.
                  Lock Haven is 4-29. Back to back recruiting classes of almost 50 players, retention is bad. Trending flat because you can't get much worse than this program.

PSAC West

Rock is 32-7. 1 regional title, 1 conference title, 3 playoff berths playoff record 3-3. Trajectory is flat as well, been very consistent at the top of the division. Well coached and always a tough out. Feel like they are a more explosive version of Kutztown at times.
                  IUP is 27-7. 1 conference title, 2 playoff berths playoff record 1-2. Trajectory I'd say is flat/slightly up. Seems to have a very strong roster returning, will have to play transfer qb roulette again. Eventually I feel like they'll get burned that way. I'd say they are the early favorite for the region in 2023 as long as they can stay focused which has been an issue at times in Tort's tenure.
                  California PA is 22-10. Shockingly no playoff berths even in the 9-1 season for 2021. Trending down for sure. Noah Mitchell was promising as a freshman, but never got better Lost every close game they had last year. Coach Dunn has a lot of work to do to repair the psyche of this team given last year's constant gut punches.
                  Gannon is 15-18. Trajectory is way up from the mediocre program of a couple years ago. Finally got a big win over IUP, but lost a heartbreaker to Ship at the end of the year. Gotta come to play every week, can't lose to West Chester and Ship if you want to be a contender. Will be interesting to see how they do without the QB but they have improved big time.
                  Edinboro is 12-20. Young and a little scrappy last year. Trajectory is probably flat right now as a .500 program at best. Need to find a way to keep players instead of being somewhat of a farm system. Lost some serious talent to the transfer portal over the last 3 years.
                  Mercyhurst is 12-21. Trajectory is down for them. They were really bad in year 1 of the new regime. Will see if they can keep pace as other programs seem to be improving around them.
                  Seton Hill is 9-23. Trajectory is also down for the Griffins Led by an all time player on defense they were ok on that side of the ball. Offense is flat out bad.
                  Clarion is 6-26. Trajectory is flat/slightly up. Can't get much worse, had a mass exodus of guys and going through a rebuild. Got friskier as the season went along, and I feel like they have a decent veteran staff together that might be able to improve things to get back to the middle of this pack sooner rather than later.

As a whole conference won all 3 Regional Titles in this time period, and also had 2 Harlon Hill winners in Rivers (SRU) and Bagent (Shep). The regional titles I think is pretty important considering the MEC had won 2014-2016 and 2018 by 3 different teams too (granted 2 of those now PSAC Shepherd).

Comment

Yea, I've heard Beach isn't coming back either. Moving on from football/college altogether is the jist of what I've heard.
                    I wish the young man well.

Comment

Ezra Bagent officially signed with Shepherd.

Comment

Big day at Shepherd today. Pro day! Ronnie Brown, Joey Fisher, Brian Walker, Tyson Bagent and Soloman Alexander participating.

Fisher is putting on a show.
                        https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/statu...C93eeehcUtAAAA
                        Good amount of scouts in attendance as well.

Comment

Fisher putting up 40 reps on the bench press is better than anyone at the combine this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                            Fisher putting up 40 reps on the bench press is better than anyone at the combine this season.
                            Even NFL Twitter had cued it up to promote for Fisher.
                            https://twitter.com/NFL/status/16407...C9ke_zisUtAAAA

Fisher also ran a 4.90 40 yd dash with a 1.67 split on the 10. An excellent showing that might have cemented him getting drafted next month.

Trying to find some numbers on Ronnie Brown's 40, but have yet to see anything.

Comment

Comment

Well that is a darn good time there. Good day for the Rams. Hopefully they all get a shot!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X