Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So was it a slap on the wrist? I'd say no.
    Mercyhurst handled it they way they saw fit. Should he be in An SCI Institution? No but his actions require sone set of consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Mercyhurst handled it they way they saw fit. Should he be in An SCI Institution? No but his actions require sone set of consequences.
      Daddy will just buy his way in to his next private school. Money will talk.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Daddy will just buy his way in to his next private school. Money will talk.
        Daddy still didn’t buy her a new wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It was a yes or no question...

Comment

I kinda hope the college hockey community is done giving this kid chances. It takes a while for guys like this to learn.

Comment

So was it a slap on the wrist? I'd say no.
              No? The kid quit and withdrew from the University. He basically gave Hurst the middle finger and will land on his feet elsewhere. He’ll get minimal fines from all this.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No? The kid quit and withdrew from the University. He basically gave Hurst the middle finger and will land on his feet elsewhere. He’ll get minimal fines from all this.
                I doubt he lands on his feet. Mercyhurst was probably his life preserver. One time gets you a second chance. Two times shows a pattern. I would be shocked - regardless of who Daddy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I doubt he lands on his feet. Mercyhurst was probably his life preserver. One time gets you a second chance. Two times shows a pattern. I would be shocked - regardless of who Daddy is.
                  Purely from a legal standpoint, he was only charged with some misdemeanors. His moral actions don't go on his permanent record.

Comment

Purely from a legal standpoint, he was only charged with some misdemeanors. His moral actions don't go on his permanent record.
                    Correct. Without knowing his previous criminal record, he'll probably use the criminal defense attorney Daddy hired to plead down to the Disorderly Conduct citation and pay the $450 fine. I can't see anything confirming that he withdrew from the university - just the interim suspension and the dismissal from the team. If he gets it down to the citation, that won't show up on a background check.

Comment

Carson Briere enters transfer portal after dismissal from Mercyhurst (goerie.com)

This confirms exactly what I was saying. This kid is basically saying screw you Hurst, I'm out of here.

Comment

Carson Briere enters transfer portal after dismissal from Mercyhurst (goerie.com)

This confirms exactly what I was saying. This kid is basically saying screw you Hurst, I'm out of here.
                        I will be surprised if he lands anywhere. He's good but not a star. Yeah, Daddy is a big deal in hockey land, but he's now been booted from *TWO* programs. If he lands anywhere, he's probably going down to D3 (there is no D2 hockey) and regardless of what level, he'll have an even shorter leash. I don't know if a program wants to take a guy that starts out on double secret probation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I will be surprised if he lands anywhere. He's good but not a star. Yeah, Daddy is a big deal in hockey land, but he's now been booted from *TWO* programs. If he lands anywhere, he's probably going down to D3 (there is no D2 hockey) and regardless of what level, he'll have an even shorter leash. I don't know if a program wants to take a guy that starts out on double secret probation.
                          Well, we've all seen our football and basketball programs take players on who had much more serious charges.

Yes, I know what he did was terrible. But, his charges are relatively minor. And, that's providing they even stick (or, more likely, get pled way down).

I'd guess in hockey circles Daddy will have lots of peeps wanting to do him a favor.

Comment

Well, we've all seen our football and basketball programs take players on who had much more serious charges.

Yes, I know what he did was terrible. But, his charges are relatively minor. And, that's providing they even stick (or, more likely, get pled way down).

I'd guess in hockey circles Daddy will have lots of peeps wanting to do him a favor.
                            Yes but they're much more widely documented because of who Daddy is - another reason to avoid him. We usually get guys who have had one incident that got them booted, not two. One can be covered with excuses or shifting blame, two shows a pattern. Nobody wants to be the school who gave Junior a third chance to f*ck up.

Comment

First, he was dismissed from the team.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...0a%20staircase.

Second, You assume a lot...2 chances OK, 3?? I don't see anyone looking for a 2-time loser.

Comment

First, he was dismissed from the team.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...0a%20staircase.

Second, You assume a lot...2 chances OK, 3?? I don't see anyone looking for a 2-time loser.

I agree with you on this kid.

But, ... we've had (and likely have) plenty of 'third chancers' come through the PSAC in the past. Check out some of the players California had under Angelo's Rule.

My only point is somebody may take a shot on him -- especially if Daddy is paying full sticker price and he classifies as a walk-on.

Case in point (I'm not naming the name but it isn't hard to figure out) ... a few years back a PSAC West team had an athlete that was tossed from IUP for sexual assault (and banned from the IUP campus). Player didn't play for a couple years after being tossed from IUP. A couple years later a rival signed him. Catch 22 was he had to get a court to overrule IUP's campus ban so he could play a game at an IUP venue -- and said West school helped him do it. That actually happened.

So, never say never.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X