Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Maybe we should use smoke signals instead.
    I know radio is old school, but give it some credit. What other medium allows you to do other things while listening?? Watching the game means being glued to one screen or another...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I know radio is old school, but give it some credit. What other medium allows you to do other things while listening?? Watching the game means being glued to one screen or another...
      Good radio is better than bad video for sure. the Vid quality is getting better slowly, but in the PSAC there are still only about half of the productions that I'd pick over a professional radio.

Comment

I'm giving you a hard time. I started working in radio when I was 17 years old.

Comment

What other medium allows you to do other things while listening??
          A video broadcast where I can choose when to view and when to listen?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

A video broadcast where I can choose when to view and when to listen?
            You won't get it for free thanks to the NCAA!!

Comment

The more I thought about this, money was the factor, but even then its such small potatoes for the NCAA - and why? The price to stream the game is almost exactly the same price as an adult admission to the game. What they're banking on is trying to make that $10 back from season ticket holders and parents who can't or wont' attend the game. Alumni, fans, and students be damned. Especially students, who they charge for the game knowing damn well that at this level students are almost always free and all this does is compel the student government, athletic department, or programming board to just buy a block of tickets. Why not just have the home school do as they always do but have a predetermined cut of gameday revenue & streaming advertising to the NCAA? You're already making the school run the game, produce the stream, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                The more I thought about this, money was the factor, but even then its such small potatoes for the NCAA - and why? The price to stream the game is almost exactly the same price as an adult admission to the game. What they're banking on is trying to make that $10 back from season ticket holders and parents who can't or wont' attend the game. Alumni, fans, and students be damned. Especially students, who they charge for the game knowing damn well that at this level students are almost always free and all this does is compel the student government, athletic department, or programming board to just buy a block of tickets. Why not just have the home school do as they always do but have a predetermined cut of gameday revenue & streaming advertising to the NCAA? You're already making the school run the game, produce the stream, etc.
                Paying for what was once free is not nearly as annoying as them pretending this "grows the game" in any way.

Comment

I wonder how much the NCAA is paying some of these media programs at these schools? Surely they wouldn't take advantage of free labor to make a bigger profit (this is a sarcastic remark)

Comment

Does Tiffin even have a field mic?

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                      I wonder how much the NCAA is paying some of these media programs at these schools? Surely they wouldn't take advantage of free labor to make a bigger profit (this is a sarcastic remark)
                      SRU SID tweeted something that reads like the host school does all the work for no compensation.

Comment

Here's my issue with this PPV. This Tiffin broadcast. The camera work is good. The guy calling the game is working his tail off. However, he is by himself. On top of that, there is no field mic. It's virtually silence except for the guy calling the game. There is no idea of the ambiance of the game. It's a bit boring, but that's not the fault of the people actually working it. Still, I am paying $20 for broadcasts like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                          Here's my issue with this PPV. This Tiffin broadcast. The camera work is good. The guy calling the game is working his tail off. However, he is by himself. On top of that, there is no field mic. It's virtually silence except for the guy calling the game. There is no idea of the ambiance of the game. It's a bit boring, but that's not the fault of the people actually working it. Still, I am paying $20 for broadcasts like this.
                          Can you imagine being a school that uses student broadcasters making a deep playoff run during the holiday break?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                            That's a good analysis. I broke down and made the $20 purchase. The games are really too good to miss.

SRU/Tiffin becoming all about the kickoff returns. 14-14 with 9 minutes left in 1st half. I thought SRU was good but Tiffin looks better.

Comment

Ok, I paid the $20 for the first two rounds, what will the next round cost? I want to see the rock and Kurtz? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                                Ok, I paid the $20 for the first two rounds, what will the next round cost? I want to see the rock and Kurtz? Thank you
                                You can still see it. The $20 was the price for access to all 3 rounds

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X