Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Football Playoffs-pay per view

LIVE VIDEO NOTE
    There will be no free video available for NCAA Playoff games this year. The NCAA entered into a partnership that requires all schools to stream games behind a paywall beginning this year. Each game will cost $9.95 or fans can get access to all playoff games in the first three rounds for $19.95. More information on this will be shared later in the week, but we wanted to alert our fans that are accustomed to watching our broadcasts for free, that we will be required by the NCAA to charge for playoff games.

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
    LIVE VIDEO NOTE
    There will be no free video available for NCAA Playoff games this year. The NCAA entered into a partnership that requires all schools to stream games behind a paywall beginning this year. Each game will cost $9.95 or fans can get access to all playoff games in the first three rounds for $19.95. More information on this will be shared later in the week, but we wanted to alert our fans that are accustomed to watching our broadcasts for free, that we will be required by the NCAA to charge for playoff games.
    NCAA = JOKE

Comment

Damn, now I got to figure out how much faith I have in my team. The whole playoffs or round to round...

Comment

Do you know if that will impact radio streams and live stats or will they still be free?

Comment

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post
          Do you know if that will impact radio streams and live stats or will they still be free?
          Pretty sure it is just the video.

Comment

Well, dang. I guess Division II football won’t be on my viewing schedule the next few weeks. I usually enjoy tuning in to the playoffs even when IUP isn’t involved, but not enough to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
              Well, dang. I guess Division II football won’t be on my viewing schedule the next few weeks. I usually enjoy tuning in to the playoffs even when IUP isn’t involved, but not enough to pay for it.
              Brilliant move considering they struggle to get fans to watch even when it's free.

Comment

I wonder if it has anything to do with the media deals NCAA has made with ESPN/Foxsports etc. Back the day before espn+ was a thing, espn3 would usually show a handful of d2/d3 games both regular season and playoff. Guess we will also run into this come basketball season. Hopefully most of the money collected goes to the schools and not the NCAA. Wonder if this will boost the attendance numbers any as it may push some to go to the game rather than pay to stream.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                  LIVE VIDEO NOTE
                  Sad.

I think that pretty much eliminates anybody not from the competing schools seeing the game.

Comment

Radio coverage will not be affected!!

Comment

Well this is incredibly stupid

Comment

I saw something about this on Twitter a few weeks ago but honestly didn’t think too much about it since BU wasn’t exactly in the running for a playoff spot. If the NCAA’s deal is the one mentioned here it could also affect some of our schools basketball teams as well.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It's terribly unfair for parents who can't travel to see their sons play in person. Makes me happy they'll be able to tune in to radio coverage for free!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            It's terribly unfair for parents who can't travel to see their sons play in person. Makes me happy they'll be able to tune in to radio coverage for free!!!
                            It sucks ... But we aren't exactly talking life-altering money here. Many spend that at Starbucks daily.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
                              I saw something about this on Twitter a few weeks ago but honestly didn’t think too much about it since BU wasn’t exactly in the running for a playoff spot. If the NCAA’s deal is the one mentioned here it could also affect some of our schools basketball teams as well.
                              I would pay for the Men’s Atlantic Regional. Not happily, but I will if I must.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X