Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He lives in Trappe. That's between Norristown and Pottstown...and next door to Collegeville. So it's more to the western side of Montgomery County.

Yeah...he could get to West Chester trekking down 422 to 202 in the traffic but really Kutztown isn't a rough ride. Kutztown is 2 miles further away than West Chester from Trappe. He would encounter less traffic heading to Kutztown.....and he doesn't have to even go near Reading to get there...once you get past Pottstown on 422 there is a cut off that takes you up through Oley and Fleetwood that dumps you off on 222 just before Kutztown.

So I'd say it's a wash based on that but if Walk On U dips into it's "slush funds" to pay him a lot more than they will do the talking.

I don't see why he would leave Kutztown to go to West Chester...he's already got something in place there that is his doing.
    That was my thoughts ... why take a step backward and fight daily traffic. The money isn't like P5 money.

Every job creates a snowball effect so we'll see what happens. It certainly wouldn't shock me to see a sitting PSAC HC take over the walk-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's coming. Many D1 regular seasons end this weekend. The trickle-down eventually hits us down here in the bush leagues.

That said, I would say the non-playing (at this date) PSAC coaches are safe. They'd have been canned by now if they were being let go.

I suspect Clements will be a hot commodity.

All of that said, while I don't see any PSAC coaches getting fired at this point, that's surely not to say one (or more) will chase the West Chester job. From there, you could start to see the dominos start moving.

I think there's only a small handful of actual PSAC coaches who would be candidates to move up a level. Clements and Lutz would probably be the two who come to mind. Jimmy T. could be a candidate. He's the right age and is coming off a pretty good program flip. Tort is too old. Same with Dunn and McCook.

Jake Nulph is the interesting one. He's not a candidate to move up, but, he'll certainly be a candidate for some of the better PSAC jobs (when they open). Anybody who actually pays attention to the landscape knows he's doing a solid job in a very tough situation.

I would guess Tort and Dunn probably go another 5-6 years before they retire but neither is looking to move at this age.
      Jimmy is born and raised in East Stroudsburg. I think he will be at ESU until he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Jimmy is born and raised in East Stroudsburg. I think he will be at ESU until he retires.
        It amazes me how many folks think that coaches are always looking for a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Yeah I agree. He is ESU football right now. Not going anywhere until he's done for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
            Now has to be the offseason Clements goes to a new program. He took a KU team that didn't have high expectations coming into the season all the way to the Final 4. He turned KU into a regular division contender. I would be shocked if someone didn't offer him a chance at the next level. I imagine he might stay regional but I don't see any FCS programs left (outside of Holy Cross and Stony Brook) that he could go to. Unless he stays d2 but goes to a stronger football conference. Thoughts?
            Stony Brook is filled.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It amazes me how many folks think that coaches are always looking for a better job.
              I didn't say he was looking. I said schools may be looking at him.

That's how it works. Every coach is happy until that phone rings and on the other line is a boatload of cash.

He's the right age and checks the intangibles. It would be naive to think others in the game haven't noticed. Whether he'd talk back is up to him. We all know they aren't making much money here in the bus leagues.

Comment

That's how it works. Every coach is happy until that phone rings and on the other line is a boatload of cash.

He's the right age and checks the intangibles. It would be naive to think others in the game haven't noticed. Whether he'd talk back is up to him. We all know they aren't making much money here in the bus leagues.
                Never said you said anything...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He lives in Trappe. That's between Norristown and Pottstown...and next door to Collegeville. So it's more to the western side of Montgomery County.

Yeah...he could get to West Chester trekking down 422 to 202 in the traffic but really Kutztown isn't a rough ride. Kutztown is 2 miles further away than West Chester from Trappe. He would encounter less traffic heading to Kutztown.....and he doesn't have to even go near Reading to get there...once you get past Pottstown on 422 there is a cut off that takes you up through Oley and Fleetwood that dumps you off on 222 just before Kutztown.

So I'd say it's a wash based on that but if Walk On U dips into it's "slush funds" to pay him a lot more than they will do the talking.

I don't see why he would leave Kutztown to go to West Chester...he's already got something in place there that is his doing.
                  I don't think his decision, imaginary or real, would be based on the commute. Getting to Kutztown from just about anywhere else is a pain in the butt. I googled the driving time between the two and it's 57 minutes Trappe to Kutztown and 36 minutes Trappe to WC. He would have the flexibility to avoid rush hour on 422 and 202, so generally it's smooth sailing.

Plus, my guess is he has a place to stay in Kutztown and doesn't do the commute every day.

I know that geography pretty well. For a while, I lived in WC and commuted to Allentown (easier to get to than Kutztown). I also had an apartment in Allentown but when I did drive between Allentown and WC I often used Rte 100, which goes through some beautiful remote area (probably not the greatest in the winter). If you have the time in your schedule I recommend that road. If are on a tight schedule, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think there is any reason for him to leave Kutztown and go to WCU.

Comment

I agree with this, and it is a nice compliment. However, I would be shocked if he were to leave for something else. He has everything he needs at ESU. Its not just all football, but like I said that is where he was raised. Its where is family lives. I just think he is completely happy.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't think his decision, imaginary or real, would be based on the commute. Getting to Kutztown from just about anywhere else is a pain in the butt. I googled the driving time between the two and it's 57 minutes Trappe to Kutztown and 36 minutes Trappe to WC. He would have the flexibility to avoid rush hour on 422 and 202, so generally it's smooth sailing.

Plus, my guess is he has a place to stay in Kutztown and doesn't do the commute every day.

I know that geography pretty well. For a while, I lived in WC and commuted to Allentown (easier to get to than Kutztown). I also had an apartment in Allentown but when I did drive between Allentown and WC I often used Rte 100, which goes through some beautiful remote area (probably not the greatest in the winter). If you have the time in your schedule I recommend that road. If are on a tight schedule, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think there is any reason for him to leave Kutztown and go to WCU.
                      Route 100 is a 6 lane nightmare rolling through Exton. I avoid it at all costs if i can….

Comment

Everyone has a price, and I think there are jobs sufficiently attractive to lure Jimmy T away. Is it possible he's a lifer... yes. But I think some of the other ESU commenters are a bit naïve about the idea of the hometown boy staying at home for the rest of his life.

Jimmy is young for a coach. He has ambitions. He likely feels he has work left to do at ESU: my guess his goals include a State Game win and/or a quarterfinals appearance. But Jimmy's always been a competitor as well, and so the idea of testing himself at a higher level probably has some appeal. Additionally, there are plenty of programs he could go to where he isn't more than a couple of hours away from home, while making much, much more.

I'd be surprised if he's still our coach in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Everyone has a price, and I think there are jobs sufficiently attractive to lure Jimmy T away. Is it possible he's a lifer... yes. But I think some of the other ESU commenters are a bit naïve about the idea of the hometown boy staying at home for the rest of his life.

Jimmy is young for a coach. He has ambitions. He likely feels he has work left to do at ESU: my guess his goals include a State Game win and/or a quarterfinals appearance. But Jimmy's always been a competitor as well, and so the idea of testing himself at a higher level probably has some appeal. Additionally, there are plenty of programs he could go to where he isn't more than a couple of hours away from home, while making much, much more.

My thoughts exactly. Spending 20-40 years at one job is not normal nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

That's the tricky part. The iron is only hot for so long. And, money talks.

But, as others have said, perhaps he's content in D2.

Comment

That's the tricky part. The iron is only hot for so long. And, money talks.

But, as others have said, perhaps he's content in D2.
                              His goal is to make it East Jimmyburg someday.

;-)

Comment

'hurst has an opening for an offensive coord. the most recent guy accepted a DI coaching opp.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X