Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    .Looking for a rb?

Jake Williams was all-state, all time leading rusher in ELCO single season ... Single game leading rusher, was listed as cb, but has been changed to rb.

Alex Achenbach----- Williams Valley school records in career rushing yards (7,017), single season rushing yards (3,056), single game rushing yards (343), career rushing touchdowns (76), and single game touchdowns (7). During his record setting Senior campaign, he rushed for the most yards in the state of Pennsylvania. Three-time PA Football Writers All-Stater,was listed as cb, but has been changed to rb.

Louden Murphy PIAA First team All-State RB 2023 , but projected as a SS/RB

What's the catch? Why weren't they signed anywhere?

Odd a first-team RB didn't sign.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Perhaps a size or athleticism issue. Alternatively it’s possible the film for their rushing performance doesn’t match the stats due to poor competition or something like that. Evaluating HS talent is hard after all.

Comment

I believe 2 of them were first team rbs. Alex Achenbach and Louden Murphy.

Jake Williams' brother is a LB on the team.

Louden Murphy's parents attended Bloom and his grandparents get to see him play at Bloom since he is a Southern Columbia kid.
        Last edited by Bart; 02-15-2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Perhaps a size or athleticism issue. Alternatively it’s possible the film for their rushing performance doesn’t match the stats due to poor competition or something like that. Evaluating HS talent is hard after all.
          There is another rb recruit who was elected to the 2023 New Jersey Football Coaches Association Super 100 All State Team. Zachary Zerbe (Williamstown, N.J./Williamstown)

Comment

New Offensive Coordinator Tim Landis comes from Lycoming College where he was the QB coach and special teams coordinator. He was the HC at three D1AA schools in the past, Davidson, St. Mary's, and Bucknell.

"In 2011, he served as the head coach at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, posting a 4-5 overall record and a 3-3 mark in the Liberty League. He spent the 2010 season as the tight ends coach at San Jose State University, where he also served as the offensive coordinator.

No stranger to Central Pennsylvania, Landis was the head coach at Bucknell University from 2003-09, leading the Bison to a .500 or better record three times and compiling a 32-46 record. His teams were among the best FCS schools in rushing offense, finishing in the top 10 in 2003, 2004 and 2006. The 2003 (6-6) and 2004 (7-4) teams both finished in third place in the Patriot League.

Landis enjoyed similar success at St. Mary’s, as his teams finished .500 or better in each of his three seasons (2000-02). The 2000 squad finished fourth in the FCS in rushing offense (309.5 yards per game) and the Gaels broke numerous school offensive records. With a 6-5 record in 2001 and 6-6 in 2002, Landis was named the Division I-AA Independent Coach of the Year.

He began his collegiate head coaching career at Davidson, starting in 1993 when he was one of the youngest Division I head coaches at age 29. He helped turn the Wildcats around, guiding the team to school single-season records of eight wins in 1998 (8-2) and again in 1999 (8-3), his final year. Four of his teams finished better than .500 as he compiled a record of 35-36-1.

In his final season at Davidson, the defense led the nation with a school-record 28 interceptions. Landis' special teams unit blocked a FCS (then Division I-AA) record 13 kicks in 1999, and the defense allowed only 101 rushing yards per game to rank 13th in the nation"

In 1998, the Wildcats ranked first nationally in pass efficiency defense, second in scoring defense, fourth in total defense and 12th in rushing defense."

Comment

New Offensive Coordinator Tim Landis comes from Lycoming College where he was the QB coach and special teams coordinator. He was the HC at three D1AA schools in the past, Davidson, St. Mary's, and Bucknell.

"In 2011, he served as the head coach at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, posting a 4-5 overall record and a 3-3 mark in the Liberty League. He spent the 2010 season as the tight ends coach at San Jose State University, where he also served as the offensive coordinator.

No stranger to Central Pennsylvania, Landis was the head coach at Bucknell University from 2003-09, leading the Bison to a .500 or better record three times and compiling a 32-46 record. His teams were among the best FCS schools in rushing offense, finishing in the top 10 in 2003, 2004 and 2006. The 2003 (6-6) and 2004 (7-4) teams both finished in third place in the Patriot League.

Landis enjoyed similar success at St. Mary’s, as his teams finished .500 or better in each of his three seasons (2000-02). The 2000 squad finished fourth in the FCS in rushing offense (309.5 yards per game) and the Gaels broke numerous school offensive records. With a 6-5 record in 2001 and 6-6 in 2002, Landis was named the Division I-AA Independent Coach of the Year.

He began his collegiate head coaching career at Davidson, starting in 1993 when he was one of the youngest Division I head coaches at age 29. He helped turn the Wildcats around, guiding the team to school single-season records of eight wins in 1998 (8-2) and again in 1999 (8-3), his final year. Four of his teams finished better than .500 as he compiled a record of 35-36-1.

In his final season at Davidson, the defense led the nation with a school-record 28 interceptions. Landis' special teams unit blocked a FCS (then Division I-AA) record 13 kicks in 1999, and the defense allowed only 101 rushing yards per game to rank 13th in the nation"

In 1998, the Wildcats ranked first nationally in pass efficiency defense, second in scoring defense, fourth in total defense and 12th in rushing defense."
              Sounds like they got a pretty experienced good coach here. Should be a good addition to the staff in a myriad of roles.

Comment

Is there something we don't know about this guy? His resume seems to go in reverse - a history of decreasing responsibilities. The last 10 years as a position coach at DIII Lycoming? Are Bloom fans celebrating this OC hire? Does Bloom athletics have a hire local policy? Seriously, it seems to me that rather than scanning the coaching universe for hires they give a strong preference to those who live within a 30 mile radius of Columbia County.

I don't enjoy critiquing in this way but the question has to be "What the Hell has happened to Bloom athletics?"

Whether it's football, men's or women's basketball, or wrestling, the major sports have all taken a precipitous fall.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Is there something we don't know about this guy? His resume seems to go in reverse - a history of decreasing responsibilities. The last 10 years as a position coach at DIII Lycoming? Are Bloom fans celebrating this OC hire? Does Bloom athletics have a hire local policy? Seriously, it seems to me that rather than scanning the coaching universe for hires they give a strong preference to those who live within a 30 mile radius of Columbia County.

I don't enjoy critiquing in this way but the question has to be "What the Hell has happened to Bloom athletics?"

Whether it's football, men's or women's basketball, or wrestling, the major sports have all taken a precipitous fall.
                  I had the same question. Certainly a strange, decreasing path.

Of course, some just want a steady job without all the pressure.

Hell, remember former Pitt and Stanford head coach Walt Harris wanted the IUP job.

Comment

I had the same question. Certainly a strange, decreasing path.

Of course, some just want a steady job without all the pressure.

Hell, remember former Pitt and Stanford head coach Walt Harris wanted the IUP job.
                    The peak appeared to be when he resigned from Bucknell to join FBS ranks at San Jose State; their HC was someone he coached with at Davidson. "Offensively, San Jose St. was one of the worst units in the nation that year averaging only 315.1 yards per game and 16.1 ppg. Tim Landis, who only served post for a season after being hurried into the position to play the toughest schedule in the nation at the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) level, competing against the likes of the University of Alabama, the University of Wisconsin and Boise State University, among their other Western Athletic Conference (WAC) opponents. .." He accepted the HC at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute after a year. After another year he started with Lycoming.

My guess the family loved the Lewisburg area, so they returned there and continue to live there. Looks like over 20 years living there.

After a year where only Ship had a worse offense, I am okay with the hire. Full time assistant at Lycoming to full time assistant at Bloom could be a step up. Maybe he gets his second wind.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

If you listen to the AD talk "wins and losses will come". He is more concerned with the college experience for athletes. They do exit interviews for athletes to determine how the experience was for them. I would think if a coach is trying to make the athletic experience an enjoyable part of college life, that coach would get votes, but not necessarily wins. This AD is responsible for the fall.

Comment

Spring practice starts Monday 3/18. Spring game is Friday night 4/12. HC talked about recruiting class and targeting longer athletic bodies in the skill positions, secondary and wr.

Comment

Is he related to George Landis - this would explain alot ?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Is he related to George Landis - this would explain alot ?
                            I think not, but it is a coincidence that they were both head coaches at Bucknell.

Comment

Bloom looking for a full time assistant defensive coach.

Comment

Some new buses coming to the athletic department. Thanks to Steph Petit again.

https://buhuskies.com/news/2024/4/9/...-athletes.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X