Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kutztown Football

I get I'm of a rare breed on here (being a KU fan). But I figured I would create a little continuing Kutztown thread post for other KU fans to talk KU football and KU football news.

So far there is nothing on the current schedule who KU will play in week 1 (or possibly week 0). Here is how the schedule for the 2024 season looks as of now. Bold indicates home, not bold indicates away.

Sept. 14th- Edinboro

Sept. 21st- Gannon

Sept. 28th- East Stroudsburg

Oct. 5th- Bloomsburg

Oct. 12th- Lock Haven

Oct. 19th- Shippensburg

Oct. 26th- Shepherd

Nov. 2nd- Millersville

Nov. 9th- West Chester

Nov. 16th- IUP

Playing Shepherd in the back half of the season is new. And it makes KU's schedule to close out the season pretty tough. Shepherd is never an easy opponent, Millersville is starting to become a team that won't be an easy win, the rivalry/close games with WCU always makes it a must win, traveling to IUP is usually a tough game to close things out. That stretch could make or break KU's playoff chances (if they are in playoff hunt at the time).

Comment

Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
      So far there is nothing on the current schedule who KU will play in week 1 (or possibly week 0). Here is how the schedule for the 2024 season looks as of now. Bold indicates home, not bold indicates away.

Sept. 14th- Edinboro

Sept. 21st- Gannon

Sept. 28th- East Stroudsburg

Oct. 5th- Bloomsburg

Oct. 12th- Lock Haven

Oct. 19th- Shippensburg

Oct. 26th- Shepherd

Nov. 2nd- Millersville

Nov. 9th- West Chester

Nov. 16th- IUP

Playing Shepherd in the back half of the season is new. And it makes KU's schedule to close out the season pretty tough. Shepherd is never an easy opponent, Millersville is starting to become a team that won't be an easy win, the rivalry/close games with WCU always makes it a must win, traveling to IUP is usually a tough game to close things out. That stretch could make or break KU's playoff chances (if they are in playoff hunt at the time).
      I think that schedule sets up pretty favorably for you guys actually. The IUP game is PSAC champ weekend, so either IUP or Rock most likely there was going to be a tough opponent either way.

The Bears, I would think, should be a pretty near unanimous favorite to win the East heading into the season especially if Novak comes back. Getting Shepherd at home as their top competition in the East is good for you guys. As long as you get lucky with injuries, should be another great year for the Bears.

Hopefully (not really, but for you sure lol) the Bears figure out how to start a little quicker this season and don't fall in a hole at 0-2 early and be in playoff mode starting in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think that schedule sets up pretty favorably for you guys actually. The IUP game is PSAC champ weekend, so either IUP or Rock most likely there was going to be a tough opponent either way.

The Bears, I would think, should be a pretty near unanimous favorite to win the East heading into the season especially if Novak comes back. Getting Shepherd at home as their top competition in the East is good for you guys. As long as you get lucky with injuries, should be another great year for the Bears.

Hopefully (not really, but for you sure lol) the Bears figure out how to start a little quicker this season and don't fall in a hole at 0-2 early and be in playoff mode starting in September.
        The first half of the season isn't too bad as of right now. I think I can see Gannon and ESU being tough. Besides those 2 and whomever they face in week 1, I'm not too worried about the first half of the schedule. It could setup nicely for KU if everything falls their way to start by the time they reach those last 4 games.

Comment

Hello KU fans & non-KU fans; national signing day has come and gone. KU got off to a bit of a slow start to the day, but eventually ended up with 28 incoming recruits. 17 are from PA, 8 from NJ, and 3 from DE. KU has seemed to finally establish a foothold in New Jersey and Delaware in recent years. KU loaded up more on the defensive side of the ball; 18 defensive recruits, 11 on offense, and 1 kicker. KU hit the defensive back position this class, bringing in 7 guys for that positional depth. Forewarning, I'm just some rando on the internet. I am not a football expert. The guys I didn't include on this list does not mean I think they are not that good. These were the guys who stood out to me the most.

Hunter Balint/TE/Wilmington, DE- Has good hands and a nice running stride. Not quick, but still able to move downfield.Jack Cameron/OL/Easton, PA- Big LT that can push around D-Linemen. Could develop into a strong presence on the line.Eli Cunningham/RB/Leola, PA- This one is hard to write, the guy is a good all around RB. Good speed, good vision, hard to tackle, a good addition to a group that is known to consistently develop good RB's.Jack Dendall/OL/Sinking Spring, PA- Big LT that can move quickly despite his size.Jack Knorr/LB/Pilesgrove, NJ- A good defender in the middle and backfield. Dude is like a homing rocket with ball carriers.Nick Layton/LB/Ocean City, NJ- Again, a dangerous MLB in the middle and backfield. Dude is like a fast homing rocket with ball carriers.Quintin Pfautz/LB/Ephrata, PA- There is a theme with these LB's. A good defender in the middle and backfield. Dude is like a homing rocket with ball carriers.Kaden Weaver/TE/Whitehall, PA- Good all around TE

Comment

Had a few minutes to burn and was looking at the full scope of Jim Clements at Kutztown.

Since Shepherd joined the PSAC, Clements and Kutztown are 26-2 in PSAC East play and 2x champions of the entire league. He's got a 49-11 record since the beginning of his tenure in PSAC East play. Pretty dominant, especially recently.

Any word out of Ktown about how the spring has gone? Did Novak get scooped up by Temple or Delaware yet (I kid, but man he is going to be a good one).

Comment

Had a few minutes to burn and was looking at the full scope of Jim Clements at Kutztown.

Since Shepherd joined the PSAC, Clements and Kutztown are 26-2 in PSAC East play and 2x champions of the entire league. He's got a 49-11 record since the beginning of his tenure in PSAC East play. Pretty dominant, especially recently.

Any word out of Ktown about how the spring has gone? Did Novak get scooped up by Temple or Delaware yet (I kid, but man he is going to be a good one).
              KU is very fortunate Clement is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I still don't know how

Comment

I still don't know how
                  He got a pay bump so that probably helped

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

His record has been remarkable at a school that most years had not been anything much in football.

Comment

I don't have twitter so I haven't seen who has transferred in or out

Comment

I don't have twitter so I haven't seen who has transferred in or out
                        Was more of a joke then a serious ask, I'd imagine we'd all have heard if he had transferred out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X