Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, meant to add him before. Thanks.

Everything I've heard is Powell is the guy and needs to show them he can do it. Otherwise, I think they hit the portal post spring ball for a QB.
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking last year was the first QB we've had that didn't start at Shepherd and we saw how it turned out - not terrible, but the commitment to the program isn't there and showed itself by them transferring again. Hopefully, one of the mentioned QB's takes control of the position and we have them for a few years. I think it also helps when you have skilled players that are looking to transfer -

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking last year was the first QB we've had that didn't start at Shepherd and we saw how it turned out - not terrible, but the commitment to the program isn't there and showed itself by them transferring again. Hopefully, one of the mentioned QB's takes control of the position and we have them for a few years. I think it also helps when you have skilled players that are looking to transfer -
      The weapons are very good. WR position is absolutely loaded, just need a trigger man.

i agree completely about wanting a program guy instead of a transfer at qb. Really want one of them to grab the reigns and be the guy for a couple seasons at least.

Comment

Does anyone know if the PSAC is having a PRO DAY?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramwizard View Post
          Does anyone know if the PSAC is having a PRO DAY?
          No. The prospects are too spread out. Usually what happens is that the few legit prospects are invited to a local D1 pro day. A bunch of guys have withdrawn for the spring semester to focus on getting that pro contract but the reality is that only a handful will end up even getting an official pro tryout and if we're lucky 1 will make practice squad. Scouts usually visit D2 schools to pass time in between visits to major prospects.

Comment

I just saw where Wayne Wilson passed away. It's a sad day for Shepherd football.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
              I just saw where Wayne Wilson passed away. It's a sad day for Shepherd football.
              Yes, very sad. Only 66 yrs old I think too. Was a great ambassador for the Rams program. Only NFL draftee in program history if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yes, very sad. Only 66 yrs old I think too. Was a great ambassador for the Rams program. Only NFL draftee in program history if I recall correctly.
                The only draftee and a pretty solid career. The man had over 4,000 total yards and 32 touchdowns in his NFL career, mostly with the Saints.

Comment

A bit off-topic --- any word if Shepherd is close to finding a full-time Athletic Director? I recall when Chauncey left, it was stated that Coach Cater would serve as Acting Athletics Director upon his departure. But, on the site, I see Melanie Ford listed as Acting Director of Athletics. We are in dire need of turning the program as a whole around. Aside from football - we are not competitive in any other sports -

Comment

A bit off-topic --- any word if Shepherd is close to finding a full-time Athletic Director? I recall when Chauncey left, it was stated that Coach Cater would serve as Acting Athletics Director upon his departure. But, on the site, I see Melanie Ford listed as Acting Director of Athletics. We are in dire need of turning the program as a whole around. Aside from football - we are not competitive in any other sports -
                    The job was deleted from a national university jobs board on March 18. I'm hoping that means that the announcement is coming.

Comment

Anybody make it out to the spring game to check it out? Curious how the qb competition was playing out and whom might be playing RB now?

Comment

Attended and IMHO looked like Lek will be the starter. Both he and Ezra had a pick each but decision making, leadership, mobility and throwing to get kids open with touch he was the better of the two. Obviously we don’t see what happens in practice but Saturday Lek to me had the better performance. In terms of RB no one actually stood out but we got depth now that #20 Joseph Hammond is on the field. He was in class of 22 who sat out last season and was redshirt his freshman year. We got the big back in Barnett, speedster in Brown and combination of both in Hammond who is also a really good receiver out of backfield. Fun fact about Hammond was that he was in the same backfield playing RB as a freshman during Caleb Williams Sr year at Gonzaga(DC) HS.

Comment

Lek Powell took #1 reps. Ezra Bagent took 2s and S. Roberts took 3s. M Brown took #1 Rb reps.

Comment

I like the Spring portal for that exact reason - teams/players may not be feeling as if it's a perfect fit and it gives them both the option to see what's available.
                            Spring portal opens tomorrow - I'd like to see a few more on the OL/DL added to provide depth.

Comment

DBs Omari Terry and Jalil Singleton hit portal this afternoon per X. Wish best of luck to both of them.

Comment

Terry was in a walking cast at the spring game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X