Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsd 2024

Figured I would start a new thread outside of the recruiting forum

Post what you all have coming in. Best of luck to all these signees and hopefully they all stay healthy!

https://esuwarriors.com/signingday/football/football/5/

I was hoping Edinboro would get more size & depth on their lines and replenish what they lost on the LB & WR groups. It seems like they did.

From what I've seen:

5 transfers: 1 FBS, 2 FCS, 1 D2, 1 JC

6 from the WPIAL
    4 from Maryland
    9 from New York
    4 from Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I was hoping Edinboro would get more size & depth on their lines and replenish what they lost on the LB & WR groups. It seems like they did.

From what I've seen:

6 from the WPIAL
      4 from Maryland
      9 from New York
      4 from Ohio
      Have any entered the Portal yet?

Comment

From what I've seen:

6 from the WPIAL
        4 from Maryland
        9 from New York
        4 from Ohio
        The WPIAL is loaded with talent. The west schools have nice geography there. Any idea how often MEC and GMAC schools try to get involved there?

Looks like ESU went out of state more this year. Jersey is a nice hot bed, and being on the border gives them an advantage. Plus there are no D-2 schools in Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Have any entered the Portal yet?
          Is there a site where you can see who is in the portal, or who has entered the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Is there a site where you can see who is in the portal, or who has entered the portal?
            I was mocking the kids who signed this morning. They may be in the portal already.

The official portal isn't public. There are some sights out there that track it pretty well - but mostly D1.

A good sign a team lost a lot to the portal is if they sign a huge class today. If a team is signing 35 kids today they have problems entering 2024.

Comment

The WPIAL is loaded with talent. The west schools have nice geography there. Any idea how often MEC and GMAC schools try to get involved there?

Looks like ESU went out of state more this year. Jersey is a nice hot bed, and being on the border gives them an advantage. Plus there are no D-2 schools in Jersey.
              We have also maintained a steady stream of Maryland recruits. It's nice to make sure Shepherd doesn't have a monopoly down there. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

We have also maintained a steady stream of Maryland recruits. It's nice to make sure Shepherd doesn't have a monopoly down there. 😉
                Yes. Lots of Maryland and Jersey kids.

Comment

The WPIAL is loaded with high schools. The sheer quantity of individual schools to scan makes recruiting by going to games very difficult. It seems like you have to attend open & multi-school camps or host your own.

The number of schools increases the number of kids who can play ball. More classification levels mean there are more opportunities to honor kids as all conference, all region, all state, etc., so I think that also benefits kids looking to be recruited. But there are clear black holes of high school recruiting: PIAA districts 4, 5, 9, and to a degree 10 are full of small, rural schools that have a hard time developing talent. This is also where you see co-op teams that combine multiple schools. District 8 should be folded into the WPIAL because its just City of Pittsburgh schools, which have consolidated greatly in the last 30 years but they too tend to have raw talent not quite ready for college ball.

Comment

The WPIAL is loaded with high schools. The sheer quantity of individual schools to scan makes recruiting by going to games very difficult. It seems like you have to attend open & multi-school camps or host your own.

The number of schools increases the number of kids who can play ball. More classification levels mean there are more opportunities to honor kids as all conference, all region, all state, etc., so I think that also benefits kids looking to be recruited. But there are clear black holes of high school recruiting: PIAA districts 4, 5, 9, and to a degree 10 are full of small, rural schools that have a hard time developing talent. This is also where you see co-op teams that combine multiple schools. District 8 should be folded into the WPIAL because its just City of Pittsburgh schools, which have consolidated greatly in the last 30 years but they too tend to have raw talent not quite ready for college ball.
                    I think there are some decent programs in D4, e.g. Williamsport, Montoursville, Jersey Shore, Selinsgrove, Shikellamy, Lewisburg, and, obviously, Southern Columbia.

Comment

Rock Football 2024 National Signing Day Central - Slippery Rock University Athletics (rockathletics.com)

Lot of guys in the trenches (9OL & 5DL)

Comment

Seems to be a common theme as Shepherd's is line heavy too.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think there are some decent programs in D4, e.g. Williamsport, Montoursville, Jersey Shore, Selinsgrove, Shikellamy, Lewisburg, and, obviously, Southern Columbia.
                          Yeah I hesitated at listing them but there are some real stinkers for football. You listed the schools that are in the more economically viable communities with some college towns thrown in there. Get up toward the state perimeter and schools get small and player development almost non-existent.

For those of us who grew up in middle and upper middle class communities where the football coach is a teacher or professional coach, it would be a shock to see how many rural PA high schools rely on parents and buddies of the head coach to fill out a staff. A lot of the "hey you played in high school, do you want to coach?" crowd.

Comment

SRU announces a bunch of transfers.

3 PSAC
                            5 FBS
                            1 Other D2
                            1 D3

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not sure what Shikellamy has at present, but they haven't been particularly strong in football over the years. Once upon a time they had a very strong wrestling program, but you don't hear as much about them these days.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X