Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lists are here, save for one East program. Teams listed in order of 2023 standings.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 02-08-2024, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Yes, Mac cleaned up in the Mid-Penn. Some dynamic kids.

https://www.pennlive.com/highschools...sity-psac.html
      I didn't get to see a lot of Mid-Penn ball this year. Who do you like? I hear the Sauve kid from CV is a player. That Sauve family has been around about 60 years in the Mechanicsburg-CV area. Deep roots.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        The lists are starting to come in. Here's what is online through 9 p.m. Wednesday. Teams listed in order of 2023 standings.
        Going through the links I give Slippery Rock the top spot in terms of coverage, graphics, and video availability. I know that doesn’t win games, LOL, but they did a really nice job with it and their class looks really good. As an IUP fan I have to admit the effort put forth in the hype department ranked near the bottom. Several schools did a really nice job with it.

One thing that stands out to me is the size and strength of most of these kids. Many of them post their speed and strength numbers on Hudl and it’s crazy. These kids are 17-18 years old for Heaven’s sake! IUP signed a kid that’s 6’7” 340 lbs. That’s bigger than most NFL linemen. Just about every PSAC school signed a few giants. What are these kids eating?

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Going through the links I give Slippery Rock the top spot in terms of coverage, graphics, and video availability. I know that doesn’t win games, LOL, but they did a really nice job with it and their class looks really good. As an IUP fan I have to admit the effort put forth in the hype department ranked near the bottom. Several schools did a really nice job with it.

One thing that stands out to me is the size and strength of most of these kids. Many of them post their speed and strength numbers on Hudl and it’s crazy. These kids are 17-18 years old for Heaven’s sake! IUP signed a kid that’s 6’7” 340 lbs. That’s bigger than most NFL linemen. Just about every PSAC school signed a few giants. What are these kids eating?
          There's a reason one has P5 size and is signing in the bus league. We'll learn those reasons soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I didn't get to see a lot of Mid-Penn ball this year. Who do you like? I hear the Sauve kid from CV is a player. That Sauve family has been around about 60 years in the Mechanicsburg-CV area. Deep roots.
            Kutztown got a good linebacker prospect in Cedar Cliff's Mikey Jones. He was their feature back this year after a few years stuck behind Millersville's Morris brothers.

A sleeper for the Rock is Shippensburg lineman Landon Carbaugh. He's 6-3, 320, and still athletic enough to be a solid pitcher in the spring and summer.

Comment

No mention on Ship's signees of Ethan Arneson out of Linganore HS? I know Shepherd had wanted him, and he committed to Ship. See pictures on some of the Linganore twitter of him signing a NLI to Ship as well.

Here is an incredible run he had in the state championship. He's a good player and might start as a freshman.

https://www.tiktok.com/@anomlefos/vi...42342107483438

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                No mention on Ship's signees of Ethan Arneson out of Linganore HS? I know Shepherd had wanted him, and he committed to Ship. See pictures on some of the Linganore twitter of him signing a NLI to Ship as well.

Here is an incredible run he had in the state championship. He's a good player and might start as a freshman.

Haven't seen him on the list. There was a mention that he had committed. They could use an RB. Class brought in 45 players, largest ever at Ship under Coach Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's a reason one has P5 size and is signing in the bus league. We'll learn those reasons soon enough.
                  As I understand it, he only went out for football as a HS junior.

Comment

Edinboro did what I had hoped: more size on the line, some immediate impact receivers, and a QB of the future.

The gems of the high school class may be Billy Barton out of Laurel Highlands and Dorrien Tate from Our Lady of Sacred Heart. Barton is a big lineman who started for all four years, Bill Fralic Award nominee. Had offers from FCS and D2 schools. Tate is a physical WR that reminds me of Hines Ward in that he's not afraid of being hit and two time All PIAA. The rest of the class is full of solid athletes, team captains, and secondary skills that fit perfectly with what Nulph is building.

Nulph and company signed two tall and one speedy D1 transfer receivers that look good, Jacob Coburn from Stony Brook and Jaret Frantz from Toledo should contribute right away. They also signed a small but quick WR from Wagner that looks good on tape. Probably WR 1 through 3 right there.

Comment

Bloomsburg’s list to this point seems relatively heavy on LBs, DBs, and QBs but light on OL.

Comment

Now that's the number of recruits I was expecting for KU

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

As I understand it, he only went out for football as a HS junior.
                          I watched his highlight videos and if he got his hands on a kid that was the end of it. We don’t get to see the mental or footwork mistakes on highlight reels that one tends to make with limited football experience. The good thing is tackle is the least challenging position to learn on the O-line and IUP’s schemes aren’t terribly sophisticated.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I watched his highlight videos and if he got his hands on a kid that was the end of it. We don’t get to see the mental or footwork mistakes on highlight reels that one tends to make with limited football experience. The good thing is tackle is the least challenging position to learn on the O-line and IUP’s schemes aren’t terribly sophisticated.
                            In the IG article today Tort says he has great footwork. So, it will be interesting to see how he comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

He wasn't listed on the main football site, but has popped up on their Facebook site as a Ship commit. Hope he's as good as you say. They need some help in the backfield. Seems to be a classic case of a good runner who's too small for D1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X