Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

With so many in politics and positions of power making decisions solely to benefit themselves, it makes one really appreciate men like Danny Hale.
    AMEN!!!

James, BU Class of 2002
    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I remember Ship and Zac Zulli playing at Bloomsburg in a televised Halloween game some years back. Zulli had one of his better games, throwing for I believe over 400 yards in bad weather conditions. Both teams were respectable that year, which seems a long while ago now.
      I remember watching that game on tv. That was 2013. Bloom beat Slippery Rock for the PSAC title and Franklyn Queiteh won the Harlon Hill. It was also the first year after Hale's retirement.
      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

BU was fond of doing them on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 6:00 to 9:00 or 6:30 to 9:30. Not bad for those living on campus or renting in town but sucked for some of the commuters. The real tragedy is that I don’t believe BU did any of its 100 level astronomy classes at night when I was there. Would have made those pesky observations much easier.
        I had an astronomy class at night. Fall '98 or '99. We would go up on the roof of the Hartline Science building to use telescopes. It was in the fall, and there was a comet visible. I think it was Hale-Bopp.

Aha! No Frank comets IUPNation!
        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Didn't suck for Ship.
          The rain really hurt Bloom in that one. Better team won, but we focused so much on the run, the rain nullified any pass game we had. Which wasn't much.
          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Ok, back on topic. Mercyhurst out. Allow me to suggest my own PSAC realignment. This will NEVER happen but here it goes. With no regard to geography or rivalry, two divisions. Upper division the best teams, lower division the worst. Every year the top two lower division teams move up to replace the upper division bottom two.

Yes, the upper division would be a murderer's row, but if you survive, you'll be ready for a playoff run and maybe, just maybe, not get creamed in the national semi's.
            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
              Ok, back on topic. Mercyhurst out. Allow me to suggest my own PSAC realignment. This will NEVER happen but here it goes. With no regard to geography or rivalry, two divisions. Upper division the best teams, lower division the worst. Every year the top two lower division teams move up to replace the upper division bottom two.

Yes, the upper division would be a murderer's row, but if you survive, you'll be ready for a playoff run and maybe, just maybe, not get creamed in the national semi's.
              Yeah there would be no playoff runs if the top teams beat each other up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

I've heard that Frostburg State is playing them that week. Frostburg was supposed to play Robert Morris that week, but RMU had to drop them to take the game with Mercyhurst. Mercyhurst still had plenty of open dates left to fill though, so they took Frostburgs new open date as well.
                It just seemed peculiar that Mercyhurst announcers their schedule, claims a home game on that date, but fails to name an opponent. But I understand how what you said can work. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, back on topic. Mercyhurst out. Allow me to suggest my own PSAC realignment. This will NEVER happen but here it goes. With no regard to geography or rivalry, two divisions. Upper division the best teams, lower division the worst. Every year the top two lower division teams move up to replace the upper division bottom two.

I really enjoy concepts of promotion and relegation. But I think in this case, there are other factors in play that will keep PSAC teams from truly competing on the national stage. It also gives the best team in the lower division a much clearer path to the playoffs, which just makes it harder for the upper division teams to get in at all.

But I love the idea as a thought experiment. Games like Shepherd vs. Slippery Rock being played every year would be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Yankees aren't the Yankees without the Royals.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I really enjoy concepts of promotion and relegation. But I think in this case, there are other factors in play that will keep PSAC teams from truly competing on the national stage. It also gives the best team in the lower division a much clearer path to the playoffs, which just makes it harder for the upper division teams to get in at all.

But I love the idea as a thought experiment. Games like Shepherd vs. Slippery Rock being played every year would be fun.
                      You make some good points I didn't think of. Let me amend my proposal. Lower division NOT eligible for post season play; upper division winner gets automatic berth.
                      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

You make some good points I didn't think of. Let me amend my proposal. Lower division NOT eligible for post season play; upper division winner gets automatic berth.
                        Yeah I think the other three conferences in the region would have issues with that…

Comment

I think what was be even less advantageous is that fact that it would likely result in PSAC teams on the road in SR1 and certainly in the semifinals. A team that might be the best in SR1 would be likely to pick up at least one loss in a top heavy format.

Comment

Yeah I think the other three conferences in the region would have issues with that…
                            Not if they all have the same privilege. All conference winners in the region get automatic berths, fill out the field with at large teams.
                            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I think what was be even less advantageous is that fact that it would likely result in PSAC teams on the road in SR1 and certainly in the semifinals. A team that might be the best in SR1 would be likely to pick up at least one loss in a top heavy format.
                              See my previous post then put the semis at neutral sites
                              GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• What is the psac record in the semis? 3-22? It can't get much worse.

Again, not happening, but I've always liked the idea of win your conference go to the playoffs. It's objective and not based on any poll.
                                GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X