Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Both are in the middle of nowhere.
    Both Bethany and West Liberty are closer to Pittsburgh than IUP is.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I'm not disputing that. Both schools are located in glorified one blinking light villages surrounded by nothingness.

Comment

But Indiana is nicer…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But Indiana is nicer…
          Nope/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I remember Ship and Zac Zulli playing at Bloomsburg in a televised Halloween game some years back. Zulli had one of his better games, throwing for I believe over 400 yards in bad weather conditions. Both teams were respectable that year, which seems a long while ago now.
            I was at that game. It sucked. Well, the atmosphere was surprisingly good given the rain and wind but unfortunately I didn’t get in til halftime because I had a test in my three hour night class and the game had already turned sour.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

I was at that game. It sucked. Well, the atmosphere was surprisingly good given the rain and wind but unfortunately I didn’t get in til halftime because I had a test in my three hour night class and the game had already turned sour.
              Non-football reply here but those 3-hour night classes were wild. Do they still have them? I took several of them. I remember half the class would be in a coma of boredom by the half-way mark.

I took a history class and it was beyond a challenge to stay awake for three hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Non-football reply here but those 3-hour night classes were wild. Do they still have them? I took several of them. I remember half the class would be in a coma of boredom by the half-way mark.

I took a history class and it was beyond a challenge to stay awake for three hours.
                I never did a three hour class but did have a three hour chemistry lab. I remember going to Taco Bell (bad idea) and stuffing myself beforehand and then going into a coma about an hour in. Then I learned about Vivarin and would stack one on top of the food. Anyone else remember when Taco Bell had bacon stuffed burritos? Those things were the devil.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I never did a three hour class but did have a three hour chemistry lab. I remember going to Taco Bell (bad idea) and stuffing myself beforehand and then going into a coma about an hour in. Then I learned about Vivarin and would stack one on top of the food. Anyone else remember when Taco Bell had bacon stuffed burritos? Those things were the devil.
                  I don't recall the bacon burritos but do remember when East of Chicago Pizza was right beside Taco Bell. That was some good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don’t know if the PASSHE schools still do them. A part-time employee at my last job was a KU student and she did mention having three hour night labs for biology once a week. I took three or four of those classes. Most were gen-eds but one was an ITM course that was required for all CoB students. Luckily the professors were lenient and we usually had a 10 minute break about halfway through. Hell, the ITM prof told us that when we were done with our work we could browse the web so I used to get done with my Excel or Access exercises and watch WatchESPN (this was before ESPN+ and needing a cable log-in) on the school computers.

Comment

Nope/
                      I’ve seen West Liberty on Google Street View. It’s sad. Indiana is nicer.

Comment

Didn't suck for Ship.

Comment

I don’t know if the PASSHE schools still do them. A part-time employee at my last job was a KU student and she did mention having three hour night labs for biology once a week. I took three or four of those classes. Most were gen-eds but one was an ITM course that was required for all CoB students. Luckily the professors were lenient and we usually had a 10 minute break about halfway through. Hell, the ITM prof told us that when we were done with our work we could browse the web so I used to get done with my Excel or Access exercises and watch WatchESPN (this was before ESPN+ and needing a cable log-in) on the school computers.
                          Yep, one day a week for 2.5 hours. They used to mostly be at night from 6 to 8:30. Before covid they were very popular with the stay up til 3, sleep til noon crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I’ve seen West Liberty on Google Street View. It’s sad. Indiana is nicer.
                            I have been there 100 plus times West Liberty doesn’t have a stop light that’s all u need to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

I have been there 100 plus times West Liberty doesn’t have a stop light that’s all u need to know.
                              I've been there once or twice. I think it has a blinking yellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

So basically Slimey Pebble in the 80’s!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X