Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

See my previous post then put the semis at neutral sites
    The neutral site games will never happen.

I'm going to tell you what I've told others. The change has to be local. Division-wide changes to fix local issues don't happen.

Comment

What is the psac record in the semis? 3-22? It can't get much worse.

I've always liked the idea of win your conference go to the playoffs.
      Most people like that. It's kind of ridiculous that it hasn't been adopted.

Comment

• Has IUP ever explored going to the NEC? We are better than the hurst at most sports and I think would do better. Just wondering I know in the 80’s the talk was moving up, but what about recently? If not, what is holding us back? I believe in the 70’s we went independent and it seems like we did pretty well for ourselves. Why did we come back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
          Has IUP ever explored going to the NEC? We are better than the hurst at most sports and I think would do better. Just wondering I know in the 80’s the talk was moving up, but what about recently? If not, what is holding us back? I believe in the 70’s we went independent and it seems like we did pretty well for ourselves. Why did we come back?
          I would be completely opposed to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
            Has IUP ever explored going to the NEC? We are better than the hurst at most sports and I think would do better. Just wondering I know in the 80’s the talk was moving up, but what about recently? If not, what is holding us back? I believe in the 70’s we went independent and it seems like we did pretty well for ourselves. Why did we come back?
            It was briefly explored +/- 20 years ago.

The NEC is a dumpster - especially now.

IUP decided it wasn't a good financial move at the time. Remember you can't just move football and men's basketball up. All the non-revenue sports go, too.

IUP today has a nicer arena than probably half of the D1 mid-majors. If they could pick and choose, basketball could go up. The facilities are in place. But, that's it. Miller is a dump.

My personal opinion: I agree with Nation ... no interest at all.

Comment

I remember watching that game on tv. That was 2013. Bloom beat Slippery Rock for the PSAC title and Franklyn Queiteh won the Harlon Hill. It was also the first year after Hale's retirement.
              It definitely was the best win in what was a relatively disappointing season for Ship. Zulli threw for 466 yards, including TD passes of 31, 38, 75, and 84 yards. It was one of the better bad-weather passing performances I've ever seen. Zac seemed to love playing against Bloom — torched them twice in 2012 and again the next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It definitely was the best win in what was a relatively disappointing season for Ship. Zulli threw for 466 yards, including TD passes of 31, 38, 75, and 84 yards. It was one of the better bad-weather passing performances I've ever seen. Zac seemed to love playing against Bloom — torched them twice in 2012 and again the next year.
                Ship had Blooms # for a few years back then. You bring up the 2012 games. First was a shootout, 49-42. The second was Coach Hale's last game. 58-20, and it really wasn't that close.

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP decided it wasn't a good financial move at the time. Remember you can't just move football and men's basketball up. All the non-revenue sports go, too.

IUP today has a nicer arena than probably half of the D1 mid-majors. If they could pick and choose, basketball could go up. The facilities are in place. But, that's it. Miller is a dump.

IUP would seem to be a better fit for the Summit League or the Horizon League as opposed to the MEC. IUP vs. Grand Valley every year would be quite interesting...
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Pennsylvania doesn’t have a great track record in D1 past The Centre County Community College, the Oakland School of Basket Weaving and Villanova. The other FCS schools are irrelevant.

Comment

• If we assume that the Horizon would add IUP in the first place, they'd still have to park football somewhere... and the only realistic option is the NEC. The Summit's easternmost full member is in Minnesota, so maybe there's a different league you're thinking of? The OVC maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                        If we assume that the Horizon would add IUP in the first place, they'd still have to park football somewhere... and the only realistic option is the NEC. The Summit's easternmost full member is in Minnesota, so maybe there's a different league you're thinking of? The OVC maybe?
                        In this hypothetical, I'm not convinced the Horizon League would add them either. Their whole schtick right now is that their membership is basically all commuter schools-- universities that are either in large or mid-sized metro areas in the Great Lakes region. With no offense to the IUP alums on the board, Indiana, Pennsylvania does not fit that mold (and neither would the great majority of PSAC schools).

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

In this hypothetical, I'm not convinced the Horizon League would add them either. Their whole schtick right now is that their membership is basically all commuter schools-- universities that are either in large or mid-sized metro areas in the Great Lakes region. With no offense to the IUP alums on the board, Indiana, Pennsylvania does not fit that mold (and neither would the great majority of PSAC schools).
                          No offense taken, seems like a step down to me.

Comment

• Mercyhurst is keeping their opening game against Wheeling and currently only have 2 homes games scheduled. Just seems odd, was the NEC so desperate to add them( or anyone) that the NEC gave Hurst money to join???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X