Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deeper into playoffs the better the offense the greater the intensity and likelihood of comebacks. I would be surprised to see blowouts in final four absent crazy amount of turnovers by losing team.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazetastic View Post

Go get em Argos!! You'll have to play your absolutely BEST Defensive game too; we know!
      As a "neutral" although GSC-er observer, either Ferris is The Best D2 Team EVER, or their schedule(opponents) are suspect.

My loyalties are with another GSC team, but most all of us have discounted the Argos, at our expense all season. (Ask Valdosta and LR)

Should be a great contest. I'm just hoping we will be able to watch it. Video feeds from the two previous games have been awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

As a "neutral" although GSC-er observer, either Ferris is The Best D2 Team EVER, or their schedule(opponents) are suspect.

My loyalties are with another GSC team, but most all of us have discounted the Argos, at our expense all season. (Ask Valdosta and LR)

Should be a great contest. I'm just hoping we will be able to watch it. Video feeds from the two previous games have been awful.
        We're not the best d2 team ever. Grand Valley had an iffy season, and the best the rest of the conference could muster was 8-3. Playing two silo teams in the playoffs certainly doesn't help perceptions. I've always been in the camp of "It's about how you play, not who you play", You can only beat who's in front of you.
        Last edited by Mk63NuclearBomb; 12-09-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Massey Ratings has Ferris State as a 19.5 point favorite, considering Massey had Valdosta State winning it all and they were only a single digit favorite over the Argos, that seems a bit high. Talk about being a road dog, if the Argos pull this one off, it will be a herculean feat.

CF,College Football,NCAA D2 game scores, schedules, and predictions

Comment

Gooooo Arrrgggooodddooogggsss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
              Massey Ratings has Ferris State as a 19.5 point favorite, considering Massey had Valdosta State winning it all and they were only a single digit favorite over the Argos, that seems a bit high. Talk about being a road dog, if the Argos pull this one off, it will be a herculean feat.
              Is that an intentional pun?

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                Massey Ratings has Ferris State as a 19.5 point favorite,

Yeah, well Massey had my marriage at 17 point favorite and it lasted only 4 years.
                Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-09-2019, 01:37 PM.
                <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Yeah, well Massey had my marriage at 17 point favorite and it tasted only 4 years.
                  They also had Ferris-NWMSU as a 28-24 toss-up, and think Ferris would beat Rutgers 28-10

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Yeah, well Massey had my marriage at 17 point favorite and it tasted only 4 years.
                    In your defense the officiating was terrible.
                    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

We're not the best d2 team ever. Grand Valley had an iffy season, and the best the rest of the conference could muster was 8-3. Playing two silo teams in the playoffs certainly doesn't help perceptions. I've always been in the camp of "It's about how you play, not who you play", You can only beat who's in front of you.
                      Well said.
                      Looking forward to seeing a great, injury free game, with the zebras letting the players decide the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                        Can't wait for this one. I just watched Ferris State's game from Saturday. It hurts the Bulldogs that they are without QB Jayru Campbell for the rest of the season. FSU is a very good team, but if West Florida plays at their best this is a very winnable game for the Argos. I say that with extreme caution. The weather actually does scare me, FSU is a team made for the snow and freezing weather. If this game was played in beautiful Blue Wahoo Stadium, I would like the Argos a lot. It won't be though and the uglier the better for FSU. I think they want this game as snowy as possible and to muck it up as much as possible. The Bulldogs would love for the weather to make this a battle of running games. UWF would love to make this a passing competition (yes, UWF is balanced, but their advantage here is in the air) This will not feel like a #2 vs #20 match-up. West Florida will get off the bus and feel like they are the better team. A huge key to this game for me is if UWF can get ahead early and create a situation where FSU has to put it in the air. They CAN pass, but I'm not sure how much they want to. If the Argos can shut down the run early, the FSU coaching staff will know quickly they are in trouble. Their passing stats for the season are completely misleading as they had Jayru Campbell most of the season. I love our road warrior Argos, but after this season lets start being in a position to host these playoff games!
                        Not really. JC's strength were his legs. I think even the most faithful Doggie fans would suggest that his passing was OK. IMO, I had expected it to be better this season, but it's not what I saw. Russell is a solid QB and again, IMO, not a great passer, he's above avg. He has been known to give up the ball at times.. even unforced, but he is a gritty guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Well said.
                          Looking forward to seeing a great, injury free game, with the zebras letting the players decide the outcome.
                          Since you brought up the stripes, if the refs are invisible, I would say that would favor the pups. Watch some replays and the Oline and secondary tend to be pretty "handy." ;-)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GOX1 View Post
                              Our corners played so far off and looked real scared of getting bear deep! All is good though, Game is 3:30, warmest part of the Day lol,

Go Argos!
                              Definitely can't do that with Ferris. Their going to test WF edges with the run game and if corners and nickels are playing 7+ yards off, it's an automatic 4-5yds gain. NWMS did a good job of keeping their corners and nickels right in our receivers faces and that help limit us to only 200 yds rushing (that and the fact they came screaming down hill on any run action). Central Missouri played off and we easily put up 370 plus on the ground. Plus our #1 receiver is out so WF might choose to do some tighter coverage.

Comment

I'll start by saying this really means nothing, but I noticed that...
                                Ferris State beat Grand Valley State 21-16. (by 5)
                                Grand Valley State beat Delta State 28-24. (by 4)
                                West Florida beat Delta State 48-3. (by 45)
                                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X