Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Florida vs Minnesota State for the Natty!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
    I think Minnesota going to be to slow for your team
    Every teams fans has been saying this every round of the playoffs. I don’t know why they think that but Minnesota isn’t slow. Maybe it’s because we have guys from Wisconsin Iowa Minnesota and Illinois, but this team is fast.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

      Every teams fans has been saying this every round of the playoffs. I don’t know why they think that but Minnesota isn’t slow. Maybe it’s because we have guys from Wisconsin Iowa Minnesota and Illinois, but this team is fast.
      I think that came from a non-West Florida person. I think you guys look fast and very talented.
      * 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *

      * 2017 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP *

      Comment


      • #18
        In this year’s playoff games Mavs are -1 in turnovers gained and Argos +7.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by West Florida View Post
          Has anyone thought about what Wingate must be thinking? In 2017 and 2019 they have great years and earn high seeds in SR2. Both years they get a match-up first round against West Florida on the Argos way to the Natty. Both of those years their reward for a great season was to host the greatest road playoff team of all-time. Geesh.
          Dude, you have a history dating back to 2016.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by West Florida View Post

            I think that came from a non-West Florida person. I think you guys look fast and very talented.
            I mean in years past that has been an issue for the team. In 2017 we just couldn’t keep up with commerces speed. Other playoff losses the speed has been an issue. But I think if you watch this years team it is definitely much faster. Saturday should be a great matchup.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
              I think Minnesota going to be to slow for your team
              That had been said to us for the last month!!! Look where we are now!!

              Comment


              • #22
                These two teams are about the same. They equal each other out. The comment that the team that makes the least mistakes win is right. Go Argos!!!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

                  Dude, you have a history dating back to 2016.
                  Dear Irrational Observer, I think that's the point. It's impressive, isn't it? 4 years, 2 natty games. You = not Arete. Us = Arete.
                  * 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *

                  * 2017 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP *

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

                    I mean in years past that has been an issue for the team. In 2017 we just couldn’t keep up with commerces speed. Other playoff losses the speed has been an issue. But I think if you watch this years team it is definitely much faster. Saturday should be a great matchup.
                    Yeah, all I've seen is this year's Minnesota State's team so that's all I can comment on, but you guys look very fast and it's very obvious that you guys have an absolutely fantastic football team. For some reason, other GSC team's fans get on our forum and talk trash to other teams like they are fake UWF fans. We took over their trap so they try to take over our message board in frustration. Whether they do that or not, they ain't getting their trap back.
                    * 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *

                    * 2017 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP *

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I watched portions of some of the Mavs games today and it looks like the teams are very similar, which should make for easier game prep for the teams and a more exciting game on Saturday.

                      The Mavs mainly use the shotgun single back spread on offense like the Argos, but will occasionally shift into two tight end formation with QB under center and both run and throw from this set. Their two QBs will run on designed plays and they seem content to methodically drive down field running the clock and the ball with some short and medium passes thrown in and an occasional deep pass. Teams with 3-4 D seem to stop their edge run plays better and they remind me of North Greenville.

                      They primarily use a 4 down lineman front on D most of the time and teams seem to have run success on edge and straight up the middle. Most of the opposing teams attacked Mavs D with short and medium passes and didn’t throw deep that much in comparison, which surprised me because the deep routes seemed to be much more open and teams hit them when they tried to go deep.

                      The Mavs offense will limit possessions in game and is the type that is very effective against the Argos. It looks like the Argos may have opportunities throwing the deep ball and all of this contrast in emphasis and style should make for another great nail biter of a game.

                      Gooo Arrggooss!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by West Florida View Post

                        See. I knew you guys would eventually become believers. 8-0 all-time in the all-whites on the road in the playoffs. 4-0 against undefeated teams in the playoffs. Those all-white get-ups are so Arete.

                        (I'll wait for the rebuttal from the 2 people left on planet earth who think neutral field games count in the category as road games despite FBS, FCS and D2 schools, as well as the AP, all making the separation between home, away and neutral.)
                        I think I've got it now.

                        So if you wear the Storm Trooper uni and get beat Saturday you'll still undefeated in white on the road in the playoffs?

                        So what's your record at neutral sites in all whites in the playoffs?

                        #headscratcher

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                          I watched portions of some of the Mavs games today and it looks like the teams are very similar, which should make for easier game prep for the teams and a more exciting game on Saturday.

                          The Mavs mainly use the shotgun single back spread on offense like the Argos, but will occasionally shift into two tight end formation with QB under center and both run and throw from this set. Their two QBs will run on designed plays and they seem content to methodically drive down field running the clock and the ball with some short and medium passes thrown in and an occasional deep pass. Teams with 3-4 D seem to stop their edge run plays better and they remind me of North Greenville.

                          They primarily use a 4 down lineman front on D most of the time and teams seem to have run success on edge and straight up the middle. Most of the opposing teams attacked Mavs D with short and medium passes and didn’t throw deep that much in comparison, which surprised me because the deep routes seemed to be much more open and teams hit them when they tried to go deep.

                          The Mavs offense will limit possessions in game and is the type that is very effective against the Argos. It looks like the Argos may have opportunities throwing the deep ball and all of this contrast in emphasis and style should make for another great nail biter of a game.

                          Gooo Arrggooss!
                          A lot of teams don’t throw the deep ball because quite frankly they haven’t had time too. Our front four has produced a ton of pressure and sacks this year. So teams try to neutralize them by throw short and quick.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

                            I think I've got it now.

                            So if you wear the Storm Trooper uni and get beat Saturday you'll still undefeated in white on the road in the playoffs?

                            So what's your record at neutral sites in all whites in the playoffs?

                            #headscratcher
                            Yes. I don't make those decisions, pal. You'll have to take your issue up with the NCAA and AP. It's honestly not my call.
                            * 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *

                            * 2017 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP *

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by West Florida View Post

                              See. I knew you guys would eventually become believers. 8-0 all-time in the all-whites on the road in the playoffs. 4-0 against undefeated teams in the playoffs. Those all-white get-ups are so Arete.

                              (I'll wait for the rebuttal from the 2 people left on planet earth who think neutral field games count in the category as road games despite FBS, FCS and D2 schools, as well as the AP, all making the separation between home, away and neutral.)
                              I'm pulling for The Argos, But DUDE, It's like you know, like, if you are playing at home, it's a HOME GAME. If like, you know, like if you are playing AWAY FROM HOME, like it's
                              A ROAD GAME.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Larold View Post

                                I'm pulling for The Argos, But DUDE, It's like you know, like, if you are playing at home, it's a HOME GAME. If like, you know, like if you are playing AWAY FROM HOME, like it's
                                A ROAD GAME.
                                Again, you'll have to take that up with the higher powers that make those decisions. I'm sorry you disagree with what is commonly known and accepted. Again, it's not my call. It's been like that for a long time. I don't work for the NCAA or write for newspapers. You'll have to move on or take it up with the NCAA and AP. I'm not sure if you start a petition or how it works. I don't think I can be of further help to you in your cause, but I respect your passion for wanting to make the chances you see fit.

                                On to Minnesota State. They will be the best team we've played this year and it will take our best game to beat them.
                                * 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *

                                * 2017 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP *

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X