Bowl:
    SAU

or

Playoffs:

Harding
    OBU

Bowl:
    Henderson

There are two GAC bowl game tie ins I believe: Texarkana and Corsicana. So even if HSU went to Texarkana, SAU could theoretically still go to Corsicana.

But the playoff pictures look about right. Believe it or not, there is a scenario where a 9-2 HSU could sneak into the playoffs if Grand Valley lost this weekend, but hopefully the Reddies can just handle their business and not leave it up to that.

I don't think OBU could possibly fall out even with a loss, there's no way. Harding would be in danger if they were to lose IMO, but they won't lose.

Comment

GAC only has an auto-bid with the Texarkana Bowl. The Heritage Bowl (formerly Corsicana Bowl) and the Heart of Texas Bowl are at-large bids for the GAC.

I've looked at the scenarios, and I do not see a way for Henderson to get into the POs if they lose this week--even if Wayne State beats Grand Valley this weekend. So, if Henderson loses they are going to Texarkana, assuming they don't turn it down this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
        GAC only has an auto-bid with the Texarkana Bowl. The Heritage Bowl (formerly Corsicana Bowl) and the Heart of Texas Bowl are at-large bids for the GAC.

I've looked at the scenarios, and I do not see a way for Henderson to get into the POs if they lose this week--even if Wayne State beats Grand Valley this weekend. So, if Henderson loses they are going to Texarkana, assuming they don't turn it down this time.
        So Lindenwood would be ahead of HSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

So Lindenwood would be ahead of HSU?
          The Win/Loss % and SOS comparisons would be a wash statistically. So they would likely go by other criteria, or sub-category (such as "best win"), that have been used before in SR3 to break the log jam created by the silo schedules. In the past "best win" has been a highly favored measure, and Lindenwood's win over UIndy, while Henderson's best win would be either Southern Arkansas or Oklahoma Baptist, would, I believe, give Lindenwood the nod.

Comment

The Win/Loss % and SOS comparisons would be a wash statistically. So they would likely go by other criteria, or sub-category (such as "best win"), that have been used before in SR3 to break the log jam created by the silo schedules. In the past "best win" has been a highly favored measure, and Lindenwood's win over UIndy, while Henderson's best win would be either Southern Arkansas or Oklahoma Baptist, would, I believe, give Lindenwood the nod.

Comment

I just feel SAU will be at home for the postseason. Not sure they will get the chance this year. Even though, this is definitely a better team right now than we were earlier in the year.

Comment

The committee only considers losses within the percentages and records that are part of the criteria. How much teams lose by, and how well they play, are not part of any aspect of the criteria, either at the forefront or subsumed, like "best win."

You are essentially arguing that a 2-loss Henderson should be in over a 2-loss Lindenwood based off of "quality" losses, as opposed to who should be in based off of "quality" wins. That's never happened, and that tends to be a losing argument.

Here is a comparison of other listed criteria as they would likely stand after this weekend if Henderson lost and Lindenwood wins (they play Southwest Baptist in Bolivar, MO):
                Road Record: LU 3-1 (.750) vs HSU 4-2 (.667)
                Record against .500 or better opponents: LU 5-0 (1.000) vs HSU 2-2 (.500) or 3-2 (.600) depending upon the outcome of the Battle of the Timberlands

Remember, the two prime criteria would look like this, hence why I think it's a wash and they look to other criteria:
                Year end SOS: LU .516 (or roughly there about) vs HSU .500
                Win/Loss percentage: LU .800 vs HSU .818

Looking at that comparison of the criteria, do you really think a 2-loss Henderson looks better than a 2-loss Lindenwood? I don't.

And again, if they decide to narrow down to "best win" as they have done before, who has Henderson beat? Who has Lindenwood beat? Lindenwood beat UIndy (ranked at #5 in the RRs), Henderson has beat nobody ranked in the RRs.

Comment

LU is going to win their game.

Comment

The committee only considers losses within the percentages and records that are part of the criteria. How much teams lose by, and how well they play, are not part of any aspect of the criteria, either at the forefront or subsumed, like "best win."

You are essentially arguing that a 2-loss Henderson should be in over a 2-loss Lindenwood based off of "quality" losses, as opposed to who should be in based off of "quality" wins. That's never happened, and that tends to be a losing argument.

Here is a comparison of other listed criteria as they would likely stand after this weekend if Henderson lost and Lindenwood wins (they play Southwest Baptist in Bolivar, MO):
                    Road Record: LU 3-1 (.750) vs HSU 4-2 (.667)
                    Record against .500 or better opponents: LU 5-0 (1.000) vs HSU 2-2 (.500) or 3-2 (.600) depending upon the outcome of the Battle of the Timberlands

Remember, the two prime criteria would look like this, hence why I think it's a wash and they look to other criteria:
                    Year end SOS: LU .516 (or roughly there about) vs HSU .500
                    Win/Loss percentage: LU .800 vs HSU .818

Looking at that comparison of the criteria, do you really think a 2-loss Henderson looks better than a 2-loss Lindenwood? I don't.

And again, if they decide to narrow down to "best win" as they have done before, who has Henderson beat? Who has Lindenwood beat? Lindenwood beat UIndy (ranked at #5 in the RRs), Henderson has beat nobody ranked in the RRs.
                    Yes, I think HSU would beat Lindenwood on a neutral field and I think they would get the nod in that scenario. Could be wrong, but I think the GAC is more respected than the GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

Yes, I think HSU would beat Lindenwood on a neutral field and I think they would get the nod in that scenario.
                      Huh? What does hypothetically playing on a neutral field have to do with the RRs?

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                      Could be wrong, but I think the GAC is more respected than the GLVC.
                      I would like to think so too. Just some food for thought, sometimes it's a team as opposed to a conference. Example, I think CSU-Pueblo is respected, but I don't think the RMAC as a whole is.

Main thing is Henderson wins and they are in the playoffs, and that is the mindset they should have. Henderson wins the BOTR and all the what ifs, ands, or buts about being in the POs become irrelevant.

Comment

Main thing is Henderson wins and they are in the playoffs, and that is the mindset they should have. Henderson wins the BOTR and all the what ifs, ands, or buts about being in the POs become irrelevant.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Yes, if the Reddies win then the GAC will get 3 in, regardless of what happens in the other two key games in SR3.

Comment

Yes, when the Reddies win then the GAC will get 3 in, regardless of what happens in the other two key games in SR3.
                              Thanks LOL

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X