Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bisons vs Lakers

Okay, let’s get this started. Lakers come to Arkansas this week to take on the Harding Bisons. Lots to talk about. What is everyone thinking? I was at the Harding-UCM game last Saturday. I’ve watched the GVS- Ferris and GVS- Pitt State game.Still can’t believe Pitt lost. I think the GVS defense is going to be better than UCM defense. I know GVS had some injuries in the Pitt game. I’m hoping for an upset. Bisons 42 Lakers 39.

Who got hurt for them? HU 35 GV 21

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post
      Who got hurt for them? HU 35 GV 21
      Everyone seems to think the GVSU QB was hurt but he came back in and played fine, even ran a bunch. D line guy went out was back ready to go on the sideline but the offense was pretty much out the rest of the game. I see some guys with taped up about everything this time of year but they are still playing. GVSU 38- Harding 28.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
        Everyone seems to think the GVSU QB was hurt but he came back in and played fine, even ran a bunch. D line guy went out was back ready to go on the sideline but the offense was pretty much out the rest of the game. I see some guys with taped up about everything this time of year but they are still playing. GVSU 38- Harding 28.
        "Seems to think"? It's all there on video from last week.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

True, most teams have guys nicked up all over the place. I don't know what shape the Bison are in, but it's not like players at GV or H are machines. Broken bones, stretched ligaments, separated joints do take their toll. On the surface, it may not look significant, but it's not like injuries aren't significant just because a guy is still playing. There is a reason why teams are tight lipped about injuries.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I won't use it as a reason for a win/loss, but it is part of this tough game.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

True, most teams have guys nicked up all over the place. I don't know what shape the Bison are in, but it's not like players at GV or H are machines. Broken bones, stretched ligaments, separated joints do take their toll. On the surface, it may not look significant, but it's not like injuries aren't significant just because a guy is still playing. There is a reason why teams are tight lipped about injuries.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I won't use it as a reason for a win/loss, but it is part of this tough game.
            I think people would be surprised what kind of injuries are being "played through" for GV players right now lol.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks. Also… bro are you saying that GV is going to score more on HU than the best Offense in the country did last week? lol

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Gotcha, thanks. Also… bro are you saying that GV is going to score more on HU than the best Offense in the country did last week? lol
                GV is averaging 46.9 PPG. UCM finishes the season at 49.4 PPG.

Before this past week, GV was at 49 PPG. UCM was at 50.7 PPG.

Yards =/= Points

Not necessarily saying GV is going to score more than UCM did. I'm guessing they do not, given the injuries GV has on the offensive side of the ball right now. But just wanted to point this out.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GV is averaging 46.9 PPG. UCM finishes the season at 49.4 PPG.

Before this past week, GV was at 49 PPG. UCM was at 50.7 PPG.

Yards =/= Points

Not necessarily saying GV is going to score more than UCM did. I'm guessing they do not, given the injuries GV has on the offensive side of the ball right now. But just wanted to point this out.
                  GV's better defense may mean more points for GV. If y'all can keep us from having 10 minute long drives, then y'all will have more opportunities to score.
                  Passing is a Sin

Comment

If Harding wins, this would be great for the GAC overall though. Honestly, OBU could have possibly beat The Mules, but even then, the Mules would most likely have won against HSU, OBU, and SAU. I don't blame HSU for the effort they gave.

I WANT HARDING TO WIN SOOO BAD. We need them to win for the GAC to get some respect. It's going to be close for sure. Grand Valley is #3 overall for stopping the run so they are much better than Central Missouri in that reguard. I don't have a good feeling though. Harding's time may have come to an end... Best chance they have though is playing at home so we will see. I'm going to guess the score will be something like... Grand Valley 31 Harding 28. Hope it's at least close!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                      If Harding wins, this would be great for the GAC overall though. Honestly, OBU could have possibly beat The Mules, but even then, the Mules would most likely have won against HSU, OBU, and SAU. I don't blame HSU for the effort they gave.

I WANT HARDING TO WIN SOOO BAD. We need them to win for the GAC to get some respect. It's going to be close for sure. Grand Valley is #3 overall for stopping the run so they are much better than Central Missouri in that reguard. I don't have a good feeling though. Harding's time may have come to an end... Best chance they have though is playing at home so we will see. I'm going to guess the score will be something like... Grand Valley 31 Harding 28. Hope it's at least close!
                      A close loss followed by a GVSU national championship should also get the GAC some respect.

Good luck to the Muleriders on Saturday! Great to see 4 GAC teams with some post season action this year. I'm hoping the GAC can go 6-1!
                      Passing is a Sin

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

I like your sentiment but are you talking about when you say OBU could have beaten UCM? OBU is more kin to HSU and we all know the results of the absolute blow out of the UCM vs HSU game. Despite Harding having overall a more talented roster than most, HU's time stealing offense really helped their cause for the win over UCM. If HU played a traditional offense like OBU/HSU they would too have eventually lost to the potent UCM offense. The best thing HU did was keep UCM's offense off the field.

Comment

Although Grand Valley is perhaps a more talented team than UCM, I think GV is a more favorable match up for HU. I think HU takes the win in a much more convincing fashion than the UCM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Bison View Post
                            Although Grand Valley is perhaps a more talented team than UCM, I think GV is a more favorable match up for HU. I think HU takes the win in a much more convincing fashion than the UCM game.
                            Harding is also a more favorable matchup for GV than Pitt was, or UCM would have been. GV's strength is their front 7. Passing teams have been what has given them fits. Historically, GV has dominated teams like Carson-Newman and Northwood in the past. Of course, they haven't faced an offense like this since Northwood left, so none of these players have faced it since high school. The coaches, however, have experience against it. So we'll see what happens. The GV safeties are better tacklers than they are pass defenders, so I think GV will have plenty of talent to succeed, it's just a matter of if they actually execute.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBones View Post

A close loss followed by a GVSU national championship should also get the GAC some respect.
                              I think most people in the know already respect Harding. However, even if Harding wins, I don't think the other teams in the GAC will gain respect.

The margins of victory for Harding were 33, 39, 40, 11, 64, 62, 31, 34, 55, 41, and 56 in GAC play.

A different GAC team must win playoff games or conference results have to be much, much closer for that to happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X