Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future GLIAC Members? Particularly Football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future GLIAC Members? Particularly Football?

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Adrian's hockey arena is small even for D3. It looks more like a practice rink than a game rink. They really should have gone a little bit bigger when they built it and had room for about another 800 people in there easy.
    I agree. As so many of their games sell out, I am sure that they would have done it differently if they could. It has been a huge success for the College and community as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by vannzee View Post
      I agree. As so many of their games sell out, I am sure that they would have done it differently if they could. It has been a huge success for the College and community as a whole.
      True, although at this point with as much as that ice sheet is used, they might be better off now just adding another rink off of that one and having that be the main rink, and opt to keep the old one for ice time for youth hockey, maybe see if Adrian High would want to try to field a hockey team. I think that they would have the room there where they could add another rink right next to the service doors for the old one and then you could use the zamboni for both rinks, or at least have a zamboni for each rink and then you would always have one around in case of something happening with the zamboni.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        True, although at this point with as much as that ice sheet is used, they might be better off now just adding another rink off of that one and having that be the main rink, and opt to keep the old one for ice time for youth hockey, maybe see if Adrian High would want to try to field a hockey team. I think that they would have the room there where they could add another rink right next to the service doors for the old one and then you could use the zamboni for both rinks, or at least have a zamboni for each rink and then you would always have one around in case of something happening with the zamboni.
        $$$.. another sheet costs some bucks to keep open. Midland went through that and wound up turning one of the sheets into non-hockey activities.

Comment

There is something I have not seen mentioned in the comments I've read. That's scheduling.

Conferences would prefer keeping their size of football members at an even number if at all possible. 8 teams means 7 weeks of conference games, 10 teams 8 weeks, ect. Having an odd number, makes it much more difficult to schedule because you have to fill out of conference games during the period when most schools play conference games.

Adding non-football schools also changes the balance, but not to the negative extent because most other sports have more flexibility in scheduling compared with football that is basically limited to 1 game per week over an 11 week period.

Comment

Not a football school - but does anyone think we might be seeing Chicago State in the GLIAC in the future? They are exploring cutting sports and dropping to D-II. They would fit right between PNW and UWP. But they might be more of a GLVC target.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              Not a football school - but does anyone think we might be seeing Chicago State in the GLIAC in the future? They are exploring cutting sports and dropping to D-II. They would fit right between PNW and UWP. But they might be more of a GLVC target.
              I think it's a good move if you want to irritate Ashland even more.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                I think it's a good move if you want to irritate Ashland even more.
                Chicago wouldn't be that bad of a drive for Ashland. Once they're on the Turnpike its a straight shot for them. Not like a UP trip would be for them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X