Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future GLIAC Members? Particularly Football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future GLIAC Members? Particularly Football?

Originally posted by vannzee View Post
    Keep an eye on Adrian College.
    I was shocked (but happy) their conference accepted finlandia for football this year

Comment

Wasn't one of the reasons for the schools going from GLIAC to G-MAC due to their small enrollments? If so, with less than 2,000 students Adrian College would also be in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
        Wasn't one of the reasons for the schools going from GLIAC to G-MAC due to their small enrollments? If so, with less than 2,000 students Adrian College would also be in that group.
        Maybe so, maybe not. But as far as I know, Northwood isn't leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          Maybe so, maybe not. But as far as I know, Northwood isn't leaving.
          Ashland only has 2,500

Comment

This doesn't feel legit at all, but I will keep my eye on them. They have long-standing history with their MIAA rivals. Playing along for the sake of playing along: Maybe a GLIAC play to get Hillsdale back? If they did go D2, I really can't picture Adrian and Hillsdale being in different conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
              This doesn't feel legit at all, but I will keep my eye on them. They have long-standing history with their MIAA rivals. Playing along for the sake of playing along: Maybe a GLIAC play to get Hillsdale back? If they did go D2, I really can't picture Adrian and Hillsdale being in different conferences.
              I don't think Hillsdale will ever be part of the GLIAC again. Hillsdale drew the line in the sand.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                Hillsdale pretty much led the charge to leave the conference, so I agree with Klee that it is not happening... and Adrian would have to find a HUGE pile of money to move up to D2...cant say it couldnt happen but they are a .500 team in D3 in an average MIAA conference...

Comment

So why would the GLIAC take an Adrian then if they are a 500 D3 team. Has it gotten to a point of being desperate to just get bigger as a conference. I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
                    So why would the GLIAC take an Adrian then if they are a 500 D3 team. Has it gotten to a point of being desperate to just get bigger as a conference. I hope not.
                    Not sure whether we would or wouldn't. And, how they perform at the level at which they currently compete doesn't inherently mean they would go one way or the other in D2. As mentioned before, how much they win/don't has nothing to do with whether or not they might move up.

And, if there is any desperation for the league it isn't about "getting bigger". It's simply trying to get to a roster of members that is a bit more on the side of "safely sustainable" long term. If we can add another football-playing school also, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
                      Not sure whether we would or wouldn't. And, how they perform at the level at which they currently compete doesn't inherently mean they would go one way or the other in D2. As mentioned before, how much they win/don't has nothing to do with whether or not they might move up.

And, if there is any desperation for the league it isn't about "getting bigger". It's simply trying to get to a roster of members that is a bit more on the side of "safely sustainable" long term. If we can add another football-playing school also, that would be great.

Comment

Comment

The issue is that in some sports, the GLIAC is in danger of losing its automatic bid to the national championship tournament if they drop below a certain number of schools. If Ashland ends up leaving, they'll be in even bigger danger. Football isn't the be-all end-all of the conference.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Well, I don't think you were around when the GLIAC had some real bottom feeders. Some moved to PSAC and are actually competitive there. And, it wasn't all that long ago, Tiffin was a bit of a joke... at least in football. Now Tiffin is competitive and trying to get even better. So, it depends upon the commitment of the institution. Like they said, past performance may not be indication.......

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              Well, I don't think you were around when the GLIAC had some real bottom feeders. Some moved to PSAC and are actually competitive there. And, it wasn't all that long ago, Tiffin was a bit of a joke... at least in football. Now Tiffin is competitive and trying to get even better. So, it depends upon the commitment of the institution. Like they said, past performance may not be indication.......
                              Yes but that was back when the GLIAC HAD WHAT 16 teams separated into 2 divisions. That was a totally different situation then now.

Comment

Ashland has no reason to leave they compete year in year out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X