Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So is M. Carter (GV) gone? Supplemental Draft

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    Why are we just now finding out that our star running back has no eligibility left?

Comment

it sucks that our school has integrity:smile-big:

Comment

Why are we just now finding out that our star running back has no eligibility left?
        Speculation is that it would have something to do with a summer class....

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Speculation is that it would have something to do with a summer class....
          likely so...too bad we aren't North Carolina....seriously tho how do u f#$@ this up?!??!?

Comment

The failure of guidance and compliance

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post

Comment

I have inside source information on the ordeal and what I can say is that this decision was completely based on Marty getting unexpected news that forced him to either enter the supplemental draft or sit out this upcoming season and he chose the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                  You can provide all the guidance in the world to a young man but at some point and time it is up to the young gentleman to actually do the work at GVSU, unlike some other places that just turn a blind eye. I wish Mr Carter nothing but the best and will miss watching him in a Laker uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                    I mean, Bryce Young-Walls will be just fine, but Carter is the most talented RB to ever touch the field for GV.

Really wanted to see how it was gonna look with both him and Bart in their senior seasons. Carter would have put every GV rushing record out of sight.
                    True that. Going to miss not seeing Carter in a Laker Uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                      I figured ineligibility had to b the reason...he had to know this was coming... should have declared early like sieler and did the pro days and eventually get drafted.... I didn't even know they still had supplemental draft...last time i heard of this Walsh was drafted by Johnson same year he drafted aikman

Comment

Comment

If that were the case and if they were on top of it, he wouldn't have participated in spring ball. There is zero reason to participate in spring ball if it leads to no playing time in the fall. I have no doubt that the compliance is stellar at GV. My questions are directed toward those that are responsible for ensuring his last semester of eligibility lines up with his last fall semester.

Comment

Is he academically ineligible? Or did he run out of semesters? There seem to be two theories floating around and both are completely different from the other.

Comment

You can provide all the help on the planet but if a kid does not take advantage of it thats on the kid...NOT on the school. There is plenty of help at GVSU if you want to take advantage of it...much like other schools I am sure too...you cant force a kid to study or take care of his business off the field...Carter is not the first nor will be the last....

Comment

Is he academically ineligible? Or did he run out of semesters? There seem to be two theories floating around and both are completely different from the other.
                                Academically is what happened..he did not run out of semesters, thats why they held him out of spring ball, but in the mean time Carter needed to take care of his business and it appears that he did not. You can only do so much as a school, the kid needs to step up also..GVSU has standards and I am fine with that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X