Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So is M. Carter (GV) gone? Supplemental Draft

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Academically is what happened..he did not run out of semesters, thats why they held him out of spring ball, but in the mean time Carter needed to take care of his business and it appears that he did not. You can only do so much as a school, the kid needs to step up also..GVSU has standards and I am fine with that.
    If that is the case, then good on GV for sticking by its standards and moving forward. The other explanation looked a lot more damning than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
      If that is the case, then good on GV for sticking by its standards and moving forward. The other explanation looked a lot more damning than this one.
      Sticking by its Standards? :bulgy-eyes: Your either eligible or your not, it's the rules. You either go to class or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        Sticking by its Standards? :bulgy-eyes: Your either eligible or your not, it's the rules. You either go to class or you don't.
        You think academic rules stops schools from fudging grades, guiding a player into an easier class, having tutors do the work for them, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
          You think academic rules stops schools from fudging grades, guiding a player into an easier class, having tutors do the work for them, etc?
          The kid obviously did nothing to help himself. Otherwise the powers that be would have found a way for him. I know that type of thing happens at every single school. Anyone that says it doesn't, has no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

forgot to quote

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
              The kid obviously did nothing to help himself. Otherwise the powers that be would have found a way for him. I know that type of thing happens at every single school. Anyone that says it doesn't, has no idea what they are talking about.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...all-119464421/ :)

Comment

I hope Marty Carter lands with an NFL team. He may not get drafted but will get a shot with an NFL team. He is close to Joique Bell and may bounce around a bit. It would be fun watching him. Sure WSU coaches are happy not to have to prepare for him or a two headed monster as Grand Valley fans suggested they would have had. It is interesting to see past supplemental draft players who have gone on with great success. The Lions need running backs as Blount is not going to be the answer and they need a lot of diversity with styles.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                  I hope Marty Carter lands with an NFL team. He may not get drafted but will get a shot with an NFL team. He is close to Joique Bell and may bounce around a bit. It would be fun watching him. Sure WSU coaches are happy not to have to prepare for him or a two headed monster as Grand Valley fans suggested they would have had. It is interesting to see past supplemental draft players who have gone on with great success. The Lions need running backs as Blount is not going to be the answer and they need a lot of diversity with styles.
                  Lakers took on Pitt transfer RB Shawntez Moss. He spent a lot of time being injured or suspended at Pitt so there's that. But was offered by at least one Big 10 school before deciding on Pitt and good enough to play his frosh year. Lakers will be more than fine as far as a talented RB goes. The O Line looks solid for the running game too. Can the new offensive coordinator put it together for them? Also looking forward to what noise Wayne can make this year.

http://pittsburghpanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5658

http://www.gvsulakers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6589

Comment

Supplemental draft just finished, Carter was not picked. We'll see if he ends up signing on somewhere, I guess.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      Supplemental draft just finished, Carter was not picked. We'll see if he ends up signing on somewhere, I guess.
                      That was expected - no body had anything on him and wasn't going to lose a draft choice - someone will sign him as a free agent - nothing to lose going that way

Comment

Any word on Marty's plans? I haven't seen or heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
                          Any word on Marty's plans? I haven't seen or heard anything.
                          This is the only thing I can find: https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/07/...-valley-state/

He worked out for the Chiefs recently. Haven't seen anything about him signing though.

Comment

This is the only thing I can find: https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/07/...-valley-state/

He worked out for the Chiefs recently. Haven't seen anything about him signing though.
                            This is such a ridiculous comment:

There is tape of every play of Carter's career from two angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              This is such a ridiculous comment:

There is tape of every play of Carter's career from two angles.
                              lol right. There's 30 games worth of tape. And he didn't have a personal pro day because he didn't know he was going to be going in to the Supplemental Draft until what, a week before the draft took place?

Comment

lol right. There's 30 games worth of tape. And he didn't have a personal pro day because he didn't know he was going to be going in to the Supplemental Draft until what, a week before the draft took place?
                                Kle is right this was a scramble to enter the Supplemental Draft. To be frank his chances were slim to none that anyone would pick him up in the Supplemental Draft and give up a draft choice.

The bottom line is he will sign with someone as a FA and go to camp and hopefully they will give him a chance to see what he can do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X