Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State @ Grand Valley State

Hope you have your tickets...the game is a sell out...GVSU is selling a few SRO tickets and those will be gone soon...should be a great night of football...safe game to both.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
      Hope you have your tickets...the game is a sell out...GVSU is selling a few SRO tickets and those will be gone soon...should be a great night of football...safe game to both.
      If weather is nice, I think we might get over 17k finally. Looks like it is gonna be pretty cold, though, which I think is going to hamper student turnout.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        If weather is nice, I think we might get over 17k finally. Looks like it is gonna be pretty cold, though, which I think is going to hamper student turnout.
        We need Tim Tebow to call out the GV student section to pull their heads out of their rear ends and not only go to the game but stay for the whole game like he did the Alabama student section :)

Comment

Haven't anticipated a big GLIAC football game like this in a long time...looking forward to a great contest; I would much rather watch this than UM - Wisconsin! Don't have a dog in this fight so I can just sit back and enjoy what I expect to be a really great game. I would think the whole GLIAC community will be watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post
            Game will be decided on GV special teams play. If special teams coach has done his job this year and Lakers do not have a special teams let down at end of half and game GV wins this game.
            Agree. Special teams and making necessary adjustments at half time. Refusing to make adjustments has killed GV in this game since TA arrived at Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by MDRussell View Post
              Haven't anticipated a big GLIAC football game like this in a long time...looking forward to a great contest; I would much rather watch this than UM - Wisconsin! Don't have a dog in this fight so I can just sit back and enjoy what I expect to be a really great game. I would think the whole GLIAC community will be watching this one.
              I would think any passionate GLIAC fan not attending a game then, would. I'm stuck going to a family wedding.:at-wits-end: I may wind up being that "Richard" staring at his phone during the reception. :crying: Arguably one of, if not, the biggest GLIAC match-up in years. Did a Saggy/GV game in the early 2000's trump this one?

Comment

they used to never stop selling standing room...did this change?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  I would think any passionate GLIAC fan not attending a game then, would. I'm stuck going to a family wedding.:at-wits-end: I may wind up being that "Richard" staring at his phone during the reception. :crying: Arguably one of, if not, the biggest GLIAC match-up in years. Did a Saggy/GV game in the early 2000's trump this one?
                  yes 2003...they both mighta been 1 and 2...svsu destroyed us tho

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                    yes 2003...they both mighta been 1 and 2...svsu destroyed us tho
                    I recall that one as I was living up in the Tri-cities area and Saggy was the talk of D2 up there. Was that the season when GV came back with that miracle win in the PO's? I was listening to that one on the radio though low scoring, it was exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                      they used to never stop selling standing room...did this change?
                      Just repeating what I was told when we called to try and buy a few extra tickets...I know that Lubbers has several nice areas in which one can stand and get a very good view of the game. I do hope the students will stay for the game and not bail at halftime like they are want to do. I can't imagine it is going to be THAT cold tomorrow night.

Comment

OK, let's let up on the students leaving at half. This is typical nationwide. And, for the GV games I've attended, many have stayed when the games are closer. I'm as big as a fan as most, and I too, would like the student section at least 80% as full as they were at KO, but it's the times we live in. And to all those posting.. let's make sure we all stay to the end when we're at the games. And don't throw that "I have a long drive home" line out there.:wink:
                        Last edited by Redwing; 10-12-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

OK, let's let up on the students leaving at half. This is typical nationwide. And, for the GV games I've attended, many have stayed when the games are closer. I'm as big as a fan as most, and I too, would like the student section at least 80% as full as they were at KO, but it's the times we live in. And to all those posting.. let's make sure we all stay to the end when we're at the games. And don't throw that "I have a long drive home" line out there.:wink:
                          But....I really do have a long drive home

Comment

There were a few pretty funny signs on the show this morning. I was hoping they would have done a segment on the BS Lounge... or had Jeff Fox and Dariki Mose do the picks.

Comment

I recall that one as I was living up in the Tri-cities area and Saggy was the talk of D2 up there. Was that the season when GV came back with that miracle win in the PO's? I was listening to that one on the radio though low scoring, it was exciting.
                              yes we played at sv in playoffs... horrible weather....very Gusty cold and snow...Scott Mackey w a pick 6 to give us the win....the 03 svsu team is the best team I've ever seen gv play

Comment

Just repeating what I was told when we called to try and buy a few extra tickets...I know that Lubbers has several nice areas in which one can stand and get a very good view of the game. I do hope the students will stay for the game and not bail at halftime like they are want to do. I can't imagine it is going to be THAT cold tomorrow night.
                                ok gotcha...I'm pretty sure they've never turned away fans before and I doubt they ever would

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X