Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: gv fs game thread

I wonder if GVSU could start doing the double number thing...I see Ferris had like 20 guys that all had the same number..has to be a pain in the ass for the announcers I bet. I think GVSU has two number 2s? I wonder if thats an issue on both being on the field at the same time kind of thing perhaps?

Comment

Sounds like this was a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
        I wonder if GVSU could start doing the double number thing...I see Ferris had like 20 guys that all had the same number..has to be a pain in the ass for the announcers I bet. I think GVSU has two number 2s? I wonder if thats an issue on both being on the field at the same time kind of thing perhaps?
        Illegal for both to be on the field, it would cause a penalty. Happens every once in a while on special teams. Away team announcers are always butchering the Ferris roster due to that...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          Illegal for both to be on the field, it would cause a penalty. Happens every once in a while on special teams. Away team announcers are always butchering the Ferris roster due to that...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
            Well if it happens thats illegal. As for the announcers thats another whole can of worms!!

NCAA Rule 1 Section 4 Article 2
            No two players of the same team shall participate in the same down wearing identical numbers.

Finally all those rule books paid off...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
              Well if it happens thats illegal. As for the announcers thats another whole can of worms!!

NCAA Rule 1 Section 4 Article 2
              No two players of the same team shall participate in the same down wearing identical numbers.

Finally all those rule books paid off...
              In the GLIAC the officials would call double dribble, award a free throw and give the ball to the offense out of bounds on the 50 yard line going the wrong direction. And ask them to reset the game clock to 16:32.

Comment

In the GLIAC the officials would call double dribble, award a free throw and give the ball to the offense out of bounds on the 50 yard line going the wrong direction. And ask them to reset the game clock to 16:32.
                That is awesome!

Comment

Most coaches make sure that it is offense and defense and that both don't play the same special teams to avoid the duplicate number situation

Comment

I really think GVSU screwed up in this game, from a coaching standpoint. First, having a kicker #53 or whatever was a mistake. You never make a kicker an ineligible # for the exact reason we saw in the game Saturday night.

Second, after getting the penalty to take the TD off the board, GVSU then goes for it on 4th down from the 12, rather than attempt a FG that would have given them a 27-21 lead, and possibly changed the way the game was played from then on.

Third, in the 4th quarter GVSU goes for it on 4th and 15 from the Ferris 36? Why would you do that and give Ferris decent field position for the drive in which they scored the game winning TD. I understand 4th and 2 or 3, but 4th and 15 it isn't a good call.

As for the TD negating call. I personally know two of the members of that crew. They know the rulebook very well, so I was not surprised they got the call correct. Unfortunately the ineligible by # part is correct, although it took me about 45 minutes of being upset about the call to find the rule in the rulebook that confirmed they were correct.

Comment

I would eliminate double numbers. They aren't playing 100+ players in a season so they don't need double numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
                        I really think GVSU screwed up in this game, from a coaching standpoint. First, having a kicker #53 or whatever was a mistake. You never make a kicker an ineligible # for the exact reason we saw in the game Saturday night.

Second, after getting the penalty to take the TD off the board, GVSU then goes for it on 4th down from the 12, rather than attempt a FG that would have given them a 27-21 lead, and possibly changed the way the game was played from then on.

Third, in the 4th quarter GVSU goes for it on 4th and 15 from the Ferris 36? Why would you do that and give Ferris decent field position for the drive in which they scored the game winning TD. I understand 4th and 2 or 3, but 4th and 15 it isn't a good call.

As for the TD negating call. I personally know two of the members of that crew. They know the rulebook very well, so I was not surprised they got the call correct. Unfortunately the ineligible by # part is correct, although it took me about 45 minutes of being upset about the call to find the rule in the rulebook that confirmed they were correct.
                        The GVSU coach agreed about the whole number thing, he took ownership of the error and advised in his post game presser that the kicker was to stay behind the line and seal, instead he crossed and went to celebrate...the kid acted like a kid and made a mistake. So GVSU take a FG for 3 points...is that a game changer? No...against a good team you need TDs not FGs...since you say you know this crew ask them to watch the tape and discuss PI please...unreal how many of those calls were missed. The state of the GLIAC and officials has never been worse, GLIAC = no calls for the most part, they just let them play. Hats off to Ferris, they earned that win..but let's give the kids a chance to play with some decent officials please. Someone told me that the conference is begging for young officials...there are more guys over 60 calling games than under 30..they cant call what they cant be in position to see.

Comment

LOL!

That's great stuff.

Comment

The GVSU coach agreed about the whole number thing, he took ownership of the error and advised in his post game presser that the kicker was to stay behind the line and seal, instead he crossed and went to celebrate...the kid acted like a kid and made a mistake. So GVSU take a FG for 3 points...is that a game changer? No...against a good team you need TDs not FGs...since you say you know this crew ask them to watch the tape and discuss PI please...unreal how many of those calls were missed. The state of the GLIAC and officials has never been worse, GLIAC = no calls for the most part, they just let them play. Hats off to Ferris, they earned that win..but let's give the kids a chance to play with some decent officials please. Someone told me that the conference is begging for young officials...there are more guys over 60 calling games than under 30..they cant call what they cant be in position to see.
                            everything else being equal, if we kick that field goal, we don't need a TD to win-just another field goal. So, MM and Ginn don't need to panic in the end and call that same old BS instead of methodically moving into FG range.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                              everything else being equal, if we kick that field goal, we don't need a TD to win-just another field goal. So, MM and Ginn don't need to panic in the end and call that same old BS instead of methodically moving into FG range.
                              If my Aunt Gertrude had a ***** she would be my uncle. No one knows what MIGHT have been. I think GVSU play calling is aggressive as is their style. You go with what got you there. I am sure there are several plays that both teams would like a mulligan on but it is over for now...playoffs lets see if both teams can win out and if Ferris has a good lawyer to beat back the pending NCAA issues. I think you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg with the NCAA.

Comment

Anybody know where I can see some good photos from the game?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X