Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eligibility question.

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    That's true. If he was told by other schools that he would have to sit, and Ferris told him he could play, then that would be a major issue. So I guess we'll have to see if the NCAA still considers it a secondary violation, or if that would make it a major violation.
    BINGO, you are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
      BINGO, you are correct!
      Something tells me that based on your confident answer, this is the case. If the rumors are true that he was told elsewhere that he would have to sit and Ferris said "no, you don't. You can play right away here," then this is no "secondary violation" and Ferris would need to forfeit its first four games.

Comment

These are the types of issues that will test the metal of the conference commissioner. Is she ready to go after people that have broken the rules? Is the GLIAC going to be known for allowing people to cheat? There is a lot of evidence that both Ferris, the athlete, the athletes parents all knew well in advance that this was illegal. There are also other schools that talked with the young man and gave him the right information and yet he decided to play and now look where this mess is at. If I am a coach at any GLIAC school I and demanding that the penalties are enforced. It is one thing to self report, but to self report AFTER other schools have called you on it is not exactly the same. If I am a coach or AD at the schools that he played against I am all over this. Consider Ashland...2 losses might get you into the playoffs...3 will not...consider Findlay....there are a lot of reasons the NCAA needs to act on this pronto. Was it an honest mistake? Really? Or did they just get caught? Sour grapes the week after the GVSU game or has there been a pattern? Was the athlete recruited properly? Was the paperwork right? Stay tuned boys and girls for another episode of " How the GLIAC turns." The NCAA and the GLIAC are on notice now...do the right thing, reward the schools that do it right...to quote Lou, " there is never a wrong time to do the right thing and never a right time to do the wrong thing." or something like that...it's time for my morning yoga class so ta ta for now. I am thinking of taking my pet bulldog into C snip this afternoon...its time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
          These are the types of issues that will test the metal of the conference commissioner. Is she ready to go after people that have broken the rules? Is the GLIAC going to be known for allowing people to cheat? There is a lot of evidence that both Ferris, the athlete, the athletes parents all knew well in advance that this was illegal. There are also other schools that talked with the young man and gave him the right information and yet he decided to play and now look where this mess is at. If I am a coach at any GLIAC school I and demanding that the penalties are enforced. It is one thing to self report, but to self report AFTER other schools have called you on it is not exactly the same. If I am a coach or AD at the schools that he played against I am all over this. Consider Ashland...2 losses might get you into the playoffs...3 will not...consider Findlay....there are a lot of reasons the NCAA needs to act on this pronto. Was it an honest mistake? Really? Or did they just get caught? Sour grapes the week after the GVSU game or has there been a pattern? Was the athlete recruited properly? Was the paperwork right? Stay tuned boys and girls for another episode of " How the GLIAC turns." The NCAA and the GLIAC are on notice now...do the right thing, reward the schools that do it right...to quote Lou, " there is never a wrong time to do the right thing and never a right time to do the wrong thing." or something like that...it's time for my morning yoga class so ta ta for now. I am thinking of taking my pet bulldog into C snip this afternoon...its time.
          So more than one school is in the mix here that told him he would have to sit for 2018. Now it gets really interesting. It was bad enough when it was just one that told him he would have to sit. Now he has heard it from more than one and Ferris swooped in to contradict them and bring him onto their roster to play right away.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            No it won't. They're not going to do anything. When was the last time any school, let alone a D-II school where this is going to get next to no attention, was forced to forfeit games because of a secondary violation? They're just going to be told to not do it again.
            Pueblo in 2015 was stripped of their RMAC championship and playoff games were "wiped out" but of course this violation was found after the season so not sure what would've come from it at this point in the year.

https://www.krdo.com/news/sports/csu...itle/137353163

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
              Other team's losses aren't going to turn in to victories or be wiped from the record, if that's the route that is gone. It would just take away wins from Ferris. Losses for other teams would still remain.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Administrative snaffu..be cleared up in a jiffy :good: Idk. Have to look at the athlete..if this was Jayru, I'd think there was malicious intent. This guy wasn't even on the 2 deep roster. Doubt Ferris would blow a whole season on a backup transfer. But you never know with the NCAA, seeing they're the model of consistency when it comes to how they enforce their rules.

I don't see the GLIAC imposing any harsh sanctions, not on one of their top teams. They'll look to slap the hand and say don't do it again. Bigger problem is this maybe the crack in the dam. They start turning over rocks and might find some other "anomalies" that just happen to slip by.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                  Administrative snaffu..be cleared up in a jiffy :good: Idk. Have to look at the athlete..if this was Jayru, I'd think there was malicious intent. This guy wasn't even on the 2 deep roster. Doubt Ferris would blow a whole season on a backup transfer. But you never know with the NCAA, seeing they're the model of consistency when it comes to how they enforce their rules.

I don't see the GLIAC imposing any harsh sanctions, not on one of their top teams. They'll look to slap the hand and say don't do it again. Bigger problem is this maybe the crack in the dam. They start turning over rocks and might find some other "anomalies" that just happen to slip by.
                  Administrative snafus often turn into ruined seasons. It happens at all levels from Division 1 college athletics down to high school. A single player seeing the field when they shouldn't have - no matter how much - can ruin it for everyone. It sucks for the rest of the team, but it's a pretty black and white issue. Every school the guy talked to said he would have to sit, except the coach that has had issues in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                    Administrative snafus often turn into ruined seasons. It happens at all levels from Division 1 college athletics down to high school. A single player seeing the field when they shouldn't have - no matter how much - can ruin it for everyone. It sucks for the rest of the team, but it's a pretty black and white issue. Every school the guy talked to said he would have to sit, except the coach that has had issues in the past.
                    True. Does anyone know who the other schools were? Were they D2 schools?

Comment

Bisons set up for another run.

Comment

It shouldn't matter if it was Jayru or this "player" that had a mere 4 tackles on the season.
                        IH8FERRIS

Comment

So the GLIAC should treat top teams different than a bottom team? Interesting...I wonder if the admin thinks that give them some slack with the rules?

Comment

True. Does anyone know who the other schools were? Were they D2 schools?
                            Michigan and Kent State..not D2..

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                              It shouldn't matter if it was Jayru or this "player" that had a mere 4 tackles on the season.
                              I was referring to intent. If it was a high impact athlete I would be more inclined to believe that TA had intent to push this through.

Comment

I was referring to intent. If it was a high impact athlete I would be more inclined to believe that TA had intent to push this through.
                                Sure...but why do you think that your conference would not do anything to "one of their top teams"?
                                IH8FERRIS

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X