Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eligibility question.

I teach sports law and handle ncaa D2 compliance...

Check out the following -

https://ncaad2rules.blogspot.com/201...compliance&m=1

https://ncaad2rules.blogspot.com/201...2-4-4.html?m=1

Hope this answers the questions

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Shouldn't the family simply know the rules, as well as the school itself, obviously and abide by them? Seems like a childish response.
      I would assume family is aware, especially if the kid already did one transfer from Michigan to Kent State. I'm not aware of the social media back and forth, but this seems to be sitting in the lap of the compliance department. Their gonna give the go/no go and they obviously gave the go.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        I would assume family is aware, especially if the kid already did one transfer from Michigan to Kent State. I'm not aware of the social media back and forth, but this seems to be sitting in the lap of the compliance department. Their gonna give the go/no go and they obviously gave the go.
        Compliance is certainly at fault which is unfortunate no doubt. I just don't understand going after GV, if they are actually doing so. I'd be going after my own compliance department.

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post

A lot of words in there. What should the verdict be

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            You know lost in all this discussion is something that got me to scratch my head. It appears that FSU has admitted that they indeed play an ineligible player. What hasn't been mentioned is what has changed since August that resulted with FSU changing the interpretation with respect to eligibility. Has anyone seen why FSU just recently determined this? It's not like it's a grade thing or some courses were overlooked. Did someone just decide that they overlooked something out of thin air? I'm speculating, but was it that one entity didn't know about the 4-4-4 rule? If so, FSU is really derelict with respect to eligibility determinations. I wonder what the story is, since it appears as if said player was told about having to sit a year from another school before the season began.
            https://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/...kely_will.html
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              Compliance is certainly at fault which is unfortunate no doubt. I just don't understand going after GV, if they are actually doing so. I'd be going after my own compliance department.

Comment

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post

This is pretty cut and dry. However, his brother states he was a walk-on at Kent State. Does that matter? He wrestled at Michigan in 2016-2017, walked on for football at Kent State in 2017 where he was redshirted, and played at Ferris in 2018.

Comment

• Re: Eligibility question.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                        This is pretty cut and dry. However, his brother states he was a walk-on at Kent State. Does that matter? He wrestled at Michigan in 2016-2017, walked on for football at Kent State in 2017 where he was redshirted, and played at Ferris in 2018.

Comment

Either that or he and his family are terribly ignorant. Maybe they fall on the sword, so to speak.

Comment

Does not matter

During my 26 years I have caught numerous people in our conference before this happens

My coaches know the rules so well - they point it out to colleagues or will have me check

This is actually an ncaa rules questions the coaches recruiting test a few years ago... you can go through the blog - I have D1, D2, D3 throughput the posts

Comment

With all the crap going on with these coaches, I don't put anything past any of them. Especially when it comes to recruiting. Just read that Bill Self requested a 20k payment to a recruit's guardian if Adidas wanted to keep the shoe contract with Kansas. Very few of these guys are really clean. And I definitely know of coaches who either pulled a kids scholarship when they took a visit to another school or who quietly pushed innuendos about a recruit who decided to sign with a rival.

Doesn't matter if it's TA, MM or somebody else. They all work on the fringes.
                              Last edited by DawgUp; 10-18-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I'm sure GV is reaaaaaaaaalllllllllly hurt over a guy who hadn't played football in two years not choosing them to go there and be a backup defensive lineman. :loser: :loser: :loser:
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X