Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eligibility question.

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo have nothing to do with Nassar, the administration, gymnastics program, and College of Osteopathic Medicine. They both run clean programs when it comes to recruiting, not over recruiting, not negative recruiting, not paying players, not playing ineligible players, etc. So the examples stand.
    That's fine and I hope that's true. My reply was a general one, not specific to recruiting, about those 2 individuals and their investigations. Hence, the reason I said "not sure you should include anyone from Michigan State right now...".
    IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
      That's fine and I hope that's true. My reply was a general one, not specific to recruiting, about those 2 individuals and their investigations. Hence, the reason I said "not sure you should include anyone from Michigan State right now...".
      If you're speaking to the NCAA investigation brought on by ESPN's hatchet job in an attempt to gain ratings, the NCAA already ruled that Dantonio and Izzo did not commit any violations and followed all procedures relating to sexual assault charges brought against players. ESPN's hit piece had zero evidence to back its claims (and even went against their own investigation they had put out a year prior) and the NCAA agreed.
      https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...o_welcome.html

I understand why you would say what you said, but that whole sh*t show brought on by ESPN is a point of anger for me - mainly because injustice of any kind enrages me. I'm enraged that the institution allowed a monster to ruin the lives of countless girls. I'm also enraged that ESPN saw an opportunity to "break a story" on the back of Nassar being found guilty for ratings, despite having no evidence - smearing the names of two people that were completely unrelated to the incident and had followed the rules as-written for any allegations brought forth against their players in the past.

Comment

If you're speaking to the NCAA investigation brought on by ESPN's hatchet job in an attempt to gain ratings, the NCAA already ruled that Dantonio and Izzo did not commit any violations and followed all procedures relating to sexual assault charges brought against players. ESPN's hit piece had zero evidence to back its claims (and even went against their own investigation they had put out a year prior) and the NCAA agreed.
        https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...o_welcome.html

I understand why you would say what you said, but that whole sh*t show brought on by ESPN is a point of anger for me - mainly because injustice of any kind enrages me. I'm enraged that the institution allowed a monster to ruin the lives of countless girls. I'm also enraged that ESPN saw an opportunity to "break a story" on the back of Nassar being found guilty for ratings, despite having no evidence - smearing the names of two people that were completely unrelated to the incident and had followed the rules as-written for any allegations brought forth against their players in the past.
        both izzo and dantonio should sue espn

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
          both izzo and dantonio should sue espn
          They certainly have grounds for it, but it would be an expensive lawsuit considering they would be going up against Disney money.

Comment

They certainly have grounds for it, but it would be an expensive lawsuit considering they would be going up against Disney money.
            all the more reason I would think it'd be possible to find a lawyer willing to take the case free of charge for a % of the winnings...Disney money

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
              all the more reason I would think it'd be possible to find a lawyer willing to take the case free of charge for a % of the winnings...Disney money
              That is a good point. Maybe they will in the spring after both seasons are complete.

Comment

Now here is an example of a conference that does things by the rules...let's hope that the GLIAC commissioner can follow the rules regarding the Ferris State issues. The NCAA should get this done asap to avoid any post season confusion. Sorry Mr Tony...cheaters never win and winners never cheat!
                http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/u...igible-player/

Sorry Bulldogs, those 4 games are moving to the loss column if the rules are followed.
                Last edited by MrsThortonMelon; 10-23-2018, 06:06 AM. Reason: grammar police

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                  Now here is an example of a conference that does things by the rules...let's hope that the GLIAC commissioner can follow the rules regarding the Ferris State issues. The NCAA should get this done asap to avoid any post season confusion. Sorry Mr Tony...cheaters never win and winners never cheat!
                  http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/u...igible-player/

Sorry Bulldogs, those 4 games are moving to the loss column if the rules are followed.
                  I don't believe that has ever happened. The games would just be removed from results. Not turned in to losses.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                    I don't believe that has ever happened. The games would just be removed from results. Not turned in to losses.

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

My bad..have you read the GLIAC bylaws? Just curious I have not...thanks for the clarification..so they still could be forfeited then? Either way just go win games and it will all work out!

Comment

Thanks. I just don't remember seeing that happen before. I guess they did it during the Awrey situation at SVSU, didn't they? SVSU wasn't really a contender in those years, anyway, though, plus those forfeits didn't come until the seasons were over.

Comment

I'm not sure where this was posted, but I suspect this is what MIGHT be applied for those 4 games. If I read it correctly, it just adjusts W/L % and SOS%. Check the table:
                            http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...t_20180827.pdf

I'm not sure how the number of games played is impacted though, as one needs 10 (or is it 9) games to qualify. No matter. NCAA has to rule something since all of our speculation won't change a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              I'm not sure where this was posted, but I suspect this is what MIGHT be applied for those 4 games. If I read it correctly, it just adjusts W/L % and SOS%. Check the table:

I'm not sure how the number of games played is impacted though, as one needs 10 (or is it 9) games to qualify. No matter. NCAA has to rule something since all of our speculation won't change a thing.
                              I believe 8 games?
                              IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I just don't think the NCAA is going to do anything during this season. If anything happens, it will be in the off-season, IMO. I just don't think worrying about how it impacts this year's playoffs is going to matter at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X