X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Eligibility question.

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
      So the GLIAC should treat top teams different than a bottom team? Interesting...I wonder if the admin thinks that give them some slack with the rules?
      I"m not saying they should...but in the real world, you don't think Ferris and GV programs get viewed differently than Wayne State?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        Other team's losses aren't going to turn in to victories or be wiped from the record, if that's the route that is gone. It would just take away wins from Ferris. Losses for other teams would still remain.

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
          Sure...but why do you think that your conference would not do anything to "one of their top teams"?
          I'm not saying they won't "do anything". I'm saying it probably won't be significant. If they can keep this as a secondary infraction, I think they will.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Other team's losses aren't going to turn in to victories or be wiped from the record, if that's the route that is gone. It would just take away wins from Ferris. Losses for other teams would still remain.
            Is this a fact? I mean the opposing team could claim that the reason for the loss was due to the competition playing an ineligible player. So a losing program brings in a stud QB for one game to take out some "rival." The team gets the loss.. but the cheating team then gets penalized. BUT, you say the team that got the actual loss shows a loss on their record? I'm not suggesting it be a win, but the loss should at least be vacated... no game for them.

I guess it looks like that may be the case (loss will stay). IMO, irrational, but looks like opposing teams don't get directly impacted.:confused:
            Last edited by Redwing; 10-18-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
              I was referring to intent. If it was a high impact athlete I would be more inclined to believe that TA had intent to push this through.
              Here are details from 2015 that clear things up a bit as far as what can happen.

https://rmacsports.org/news/2016/10/...inkdata=396184

Comment

I'm not saying they won't "do anything". I'm saying it probably won't be significant. If they can keep this as a secondary infraction, I think they will.
                I wouldn't bet much that anything significant happens. Still, isn't forfeiting one of the penalties for a secondary infraction? And from what I've read, it's not clear that this is secondary. It's smelling more like a higher one and FSU is trying to get by with the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  Is this a fact? I mean the opposing team could claim that the reason for the loss was due to the competition playing an ineligible player. So a losing program brings in a stud QB for one game to take out some "rival." The team gets the loss.. but the cheating team then gets penalized. BUT, you say the team that got the actual loss shows a loss on their record? I'm not suggesting it be a win, but the loss should at least be vacated... no game for them.
                  If nullification occurs, the win/loss records of the other team(s) do not change.

Comment

It's smelling more like a higher one and FSU is trying to get by with the secondary.
                    I agree with that. Especially since they're pushing the narrative calling it a secondary infraction. Not sure what the penalties are for that, but if forfeiting is one then rest assured all of SR 3 will make their voice heard.

Comment

I think this sums it up quite nicely...
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxvT8KKdFw

Comment

How is this termed "secondary"? Because Ferris said so? Straight transfer rule violations are anything but secondary. Grades and where you have been/when/how long are at the very heart of every single transfer in collegiate sports history. The convo for accepting any transfer starts with those items. Does Ferris really depend on the registrar for transfer compliance? I can see for the grade/class eligibility aspect as the registrar covers that for the entire student pop. But not for NCAA transfer eligibility based on prior schools attended and sports participated in. Ferris has an NCAA compliance officer correct? If not, that seem outside of SOP and a missing key control for the U and the athletic department.

Comment

So no impact to the competition? So Ashland, Findlay, etc, get a loss against a team that played an ineligible player? If it plays out that way, that doesn't seem rational. I suppose it could play out that way.

And For the record, GV's loss won't be impacted, at least if that's all this is (which is questionable) by this potential infraction. I say questionable since this doesn't appear to be an oversight of not knowing. Ferris seemed to know that others did think Perry had to sit, Ferris thought otherwise.

Upon further review, it does look like no impact to opposing team.. as far as loss standing.
                          Last edited by Redwing; 10-18-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

So no impact to the competition? So Ashland, Findlay, etc, get a loss against a team that played an ineligible player? If it plays out that way, that doesn't seem rational. I suppose it could play out that way.

And For the record, GV's loss won't be impacted, at least if that's all this is (which is questionable) by this potential infraction. I say questionable since this doesn't appear to be an oversight of not knowing. Ferris seemed to know that others did think Perry had to sit, Ferris thought otherwise.
                            That is exactly how it would work out. Those teams will still have the loss. Only Ferris would have victories vacated/removed.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              Michigan and Kent State..not D2..
                              He means what were the other schools that told him he would have to sit for 2018.

Comment

The benefit would be that if one of those programs was close enough to having the wins necessary to be in the top 6 (or is it 8 these days?), they would be by way of Ferris now having 4 losses on its record and freeing up a spot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X