Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eligibility question.

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    It is only a loss of .023 per win? So you're saying it would literally result in not even a third of a game when factoring in four games? That isn't even a full win taken off the record.
    That's what their standard appears to be, unless it has changed since that time which I am assuming it has not. I have no idea if that is the punishment they'll go with here, it could be seen as more intentional and something harsher is used I suppose. In Pueblo's case it was actually self-reported and found to be unknown to any of the players or coaches. An administrative error, which should still be punished, but this (Ferris) seems as if it could be more intentional based on what I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
      It is only a loss of .023 per win? So you're saying it would literally result in not even a third of a game when factoring in four games? That isn't even a full win taken off the record.
      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Good point, and I'm betting that scenario wouldn't be eligible for a waiver.

Comment

This makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            I understand not rewarding with a win... but then why penalize with the loss? At a minimum should just be no game-loss wiped off the record. But I think I've said enough of what might NOT happen. LOL

Comment

When Mississippi College vacated their 1989 NC, the NCAA did not award Jacksonville St. the title.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure that ineligible kid is the reason Findlay lost to Ferris by 46 points. :bulgy-eyes::wink:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                  Yeah, pretty sure that ineligible kid is the reason Findlay lost to Ferris by 46 points. :bulgy-eyes::wink:
                  If so i fell asleep the last 3 minutes of the game he was on the field

Comment

It will definitely be interesting how this plays out. It is a pretty straight forward rule that any experienced coach(TA)/compliance department would know that the player would be ineligible. I, also, think it is hard to say the player is irrelevant. He is a D1 transfer who had a very productive career in hs.

Comment

Ferris has sent the Perry family on the attack against GV to spread propaganda on social media. That is the TA way based on their actions in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                        If so i fell asleep the last 3 minutes of the game he was on the field
                        Yes, the Oilers worked for weeks on that 3 minute, 47 point come back drill. OY VEY!!!

Comment

I've saw that on Social Media as well. Looks like one of the family members didn't read about the 4-4-4 rule that was in the post he responded to.

Comment

You know lost in all this discussion is something that got me to scratch my head. It appears that FSU has admitted that they indeed play an ineligible player. What hasn't been mentioned is what has changed since August that resulted with FSU changing the interpretation with respect to eligibility. Has anyone seen why FSU just recently determined this? It's not like it's a grade thing or some courses were overlooked. Did someone just decide that they overlooked something out of thin air? I'm speculating, but was it that one entity didn't know about the 4-4-4 rule? If so, FSU is really derelict with respect to eligibility determinations. I wonder what the story is, since it appears as if said player was told about having to sit a year from another school before the season began.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              You know lost in all this discussion is something that got me to scratch my head. It appears that FSU has admitted that they indeed play an ineligible player. What hasn't been mentioned is what has changed since August that resulted with FSU changing the interpretation with respect to eligibility. Has anyone seen why FSU just recently determined this? It's not like it's a grade thing or some courses were overlooked. Did someone just decide that they overlooked something out of thin air? I'm speculating, but was it that one entity didn't know about the 4-4-4 rule? If so, FSU is really derelict with respect to eligibility determinations. I wonder what the story is, since it appears as if said player was told about having to sit a year from another school before the season began.
                              From reading the Mlive.com website, it appears Mlive brought it to Ferris' attention (probably looking for a comment). Now who brought it to Mlive's attention has yet to be determine. Is that why the family is going after GV?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                                From reading the Mlive.com website, it appears Mlive brought it to Ferris' attention (probably looking for a comment). Now who brought it to Mlive's attention has yet to be determine. Is that why the family is going after GV?
                                Shouldn't the family simply know the rules, as well as the school itself obviously, and abide by them? Seems like a childish response.
                                Last edited by Turbonium; 10-18-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X