Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Set of Seedings

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    If it happens, wouldn't drop them totally out... not enough games to qualify?

But I do wonder how GV got placed above NW. (No clue how SOS is used this season and GV has a worse IN REGION record) I'll take it though. And I also wonder if in the future GV could jump OBU if OBU stumbles (possible) and GV wins out. I sure would love that issue to come up. :fingers-crossed:Interesting weeks sure are coming.
    They placed GV ahead of NW for maximum effect for the last ranking when NW jumps GV and the Lakers have to travel to Maryville.....

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
      They placed GV ahead of NW for maximum effect for the last ranking when NW jumps GV and the Lakers have to travel to Maryville.....
      Been there done that

Comment

If it happens, wouldn't it drop XSU totally out... not enough games to qualify?

But I do wonder how GV got placed above NW. (No clue how SOS is used this season and GV has a worse IN REGION record) I'll take it though. And I also wonder if in the future GV could jump OBU if OBU stumbles (possible) and GV wins out. I sure would love that issue to come up. :fingers-crossed:Interesting weeks sure are coming.
        Slight edge to GV in SOS, but the kicker seems to be the road record, which you nailed earlier last week. Also GV gets a bump for the noncon win against Indy.

http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/ex.../staticpdfrank

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
          Slight edge to GV in SOS, but the kicker seems to be the road record, which you nailed earlier last week. Also GV gets a bump for the noncon win against Indy.

http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/ex.../staticpdfrank
          If it happens, wouldn't it drop XSU totally out... not enough games to qualify?

In speaking with some people who know how the NCAA works, what I have pieced together from their insights is that the selection committees utilize the nullification penalties when they are in the process of doing the regional rankings. My guess it that since the NCAA investigation into the incident can take months to get everything straightened out, this is a way of the NCAA giving themselves an out. Ultimately in the end, when the final NCAA investigation becomes official and they have to forfeit/vacate those wins - I can see the NCAA also forcing them to vacate any post season games as well, since they shouldn't have been there, but that is just my speculation.
          http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...t_20180827.pdf
          Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            OBU has UAM, SAU, Henderson left
            SAU has Henderson, Ouchita, UAM left
            Harding has ECU, SEOSU, ATU left

Saginaw has GV, Northwood, Davenport left (Might be the toughest row to hoe left)
            GV has SVSU, Ashland, WSU left
            Ferris has Wayne St, Davenport, Billy J left

Indy has SBU, TSU, Hillsdale (GO Truman!!!)
            S and T has Lincoln, McKendree, TSU left (GO Truman!!!)

NW has NSu, HAYS, UCM
            Hays has LU, NW, NSU
            Pitt Has MW, WU, MoSo left
            UCO has Moso NSU, ESU
            MW has PSU, UNK, LU left
            Did this for the MIAA board.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
              In speaking with some people who know how the NCAA works, what I have pieced together from their insights is that the selection committees utilize the nullification penalties when they are in the process of doing the regional rankings. My guess it that since the NCAA investigation into the incident can take months to get everything straightened out, this is a way of the NCAA giving themselves an out. Ultimately in the end, when the final NCAA investigation becomes official and they have to forfeit/vacate those wins - I can see the NCAA also forcing them to vacate any post season games as well, since they shouldn't have been there, but that is just my speculation.
              http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...t_20180827.pdf
              Interesting. So if this gets settled, Ferris can still get into the playoffs (they'll have enough games?) And IF they just "kill" those 4 games, it ends up being about 1 loss in an 11 game schedule (4*.023) But like most, I'm not expecting a thing THIS SEASON from the NCAA on this cloud over Ferris.

Then if OBU loses just one game... GV wins out... who knows what the comm. would do. I'm just going to sit back and watch. And maybe ask a question or two. I've sworn off moaning about placements... too frustrating for me. Just play with the cards that are dealt.
              Last edited by Redwing; 10-22-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Interesting. So if this gets settled, Ferris can still get into the playoffs (they'll have enough games?) And IF they just "kill" those 4 games, it ends up being about 1 loss in an 11 game schedule (4*.023) But like most, I'm not expecting a thing THIS SEASON from the NCAA on this cloud over Ferris.

Then if OBU loses just one game... GV wins out... who knows what the comm. would do. I'm just going to sit back and watch. And maybe ask a question or two. I've sworn off moaning about placements... too frustrating for me. Just play with the cards that are dealt.
                If OBU loses and GV wins out, GV will be ahead of them. GV's non-conference win over UIndy is going to help immensely. That's going to be the best non-conference win in the region, most likely, because it is going to be an undefeated opponent when it comes to building it in to GV's numbers. Are any of the other schools in these regional rankings the only loss for another school?
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                  If OBU loses and GV wins out, GV will be ahead of them. GV's non-conference win over UIndy is going to help immensely. That's going to be the best non-conference win in the region, most likely, because it is going to be an undefeated opponent when it comes to building it in to GV's numbers. Are any of the other schools in these regional rankings the only loss for another school?
                  Not sure, but I didn't think that's a criteria. I'm still confused though. I figured the OOC games hurt GV since they don't count and GV will only have 9 games in region.. with at best 1 loss. So I think GV would be lower than all the other 1 loss teams on that metric (the other teams have more in region games. so would have a better winning percentage than GV) Then there is that Versus .500 teams. Isn't GV going to lose on that one too? And I keep going up and back on the SOS. Latest I thought that it includes ALL games. So Dixie and Delta both count too (I think that's an overall plus for GV.) But, then I read that nullification document and in region SOS impacts are listed and it made me wonder what that is used for. So, I'm just going to sit back.. and like I said ask a question or 3.

Comment

Not sure, but I didn't think that's a criteria. I'm still confused though. I figured the OOC games hurt GV since they don't count and GV will only have 9 games in region.. with at best 1 loss. So I think GV would be lower than all the other 1 loss teams on that metric (the other teams have more in region games. so would have a better winning percentage than GV) Then there is that Versus .500 teams. Isn't GV going to lose on that one too? And I keep going up and back on the SOS. Latest I thought that it includes ALL games. So Dixie and Delta both count too (I think that's an overall plus for GV.) But, then I read that nullification document and in region SOS impacts are listed and it made me wonder what that is used for. So, I'm just going to sit back.. and like I said ask a question or 3.
                    I know it isn't a criteria. But essentially all of the conferences are going to have an SOS at or around .500. In the GAC, exactly .500. So the biggest differentiation is going to be non-conference opponent SOS, and I don't think anyone is going to fair better in that than GV, because they essentially get a free 10 wins added to their SOS with UIndy. So in terms of pure SOS, GV will probably end up leading the entire region in that by the end of the season, at least when it comes to teams that are considered for the playoffs. And I realize there's no actual numbers given for how everything is determined, or what weight it is given, but it seems that in most years, SOS is the second-biggest indicator of seeding outside of overall record.

As it stands now, GV's cumulative SOS, including future opponents is .564, which is 14th-best in the country, but none of the SR3 teams ahead of them are in consideration for the playoffs (Northwood is #1, Wayne State #4, Michigan Tech #6, Ashland #8), and they're going to get most likely going to get an undefeated finish from UIndy which will push that even higher.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      I know it isn't a criteria. But essentially all of the conferences are going to have an SOS at or around .500. In the GAC, exactly .500. So the biggest differentiation is going to be non-conference opponent SOS, and I don't think anyone is going to fair better in that than GV, because they essentially get a free 10 wins added to their SOS with UIndy. So in terms of pure SOS, GV will probably end up leading the entire region in that by the end of the season, at least when it comes to teams that are considered for the playoffs. And I realize there's no actual numbers given for how everything is determined, or what weight it is given, but it seems that in most years, SOS is the second-biggest indicator of seeding outside of overall record.

As it stands now, GV's cumulative SOS, including future opponents is .564, which is 14th-best in the country, but none of the SR3 teams ahead of them are in consideration for the playoffs (Northwood is #1, Wayne State #4, Michigan Tech #6, Ashland #8), and they're going to get most likely going to get an undefeated finish from UIndy which will push that even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                        Fort Hays still has NWMSU. Looks like HU might slide into the 7 again. The GAC could get 3 teams in? What will ever happen to this board if the little ole GAC gets 3 teams.
                        the usual...we will listen to your drunken rants and laugh at you

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
                          It would implode. I almost want to see that just as much as I want to see HU get in.
                          why would it?

gvsu and fsu will get in

svsu still has to play gvsu and davenport...chances are they will lose one of those games and if they do they will have 3 losses and nobody will expect them to get in...if they win those last three games they will get in

the playoff picture in terms of who gets in and how they get in is pretty clear in the gliac...two are in and one needs to run the table...there wont be any "controversy" like last year when gvsu was left out

but if you feel the need to stroke that chip on your shoulder we can start a thread bashing the gac if that makes you happy

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                            the usual...we will listen to your drunken rants and laugh at you
                            Last edited by Divisiontwo; 10-23-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Our avatar bet is confusing everyone, including myself at times.

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
                                Our avatar bet is confusing everyone, including myself at times.
                                You guys have been on big sports about the avatar change. But to be honest I'm tired of seeing you guess dressed in purple. I'm giving you guys early parole with a catch as long as Walnut is ok with it. You can change your avatar back and keep it as long as your vaulted defense doesn't allow over 300 total yards in any game remaining and you don't lose a game to end the season. If any of the above happen you change your avatar to SNU until week 1 of next year!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X