Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Set of Seedings

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    I disagree. The 4 4 4 rule is plainly clear. The sign said 70, Ferris went 80, and then turned themselves in for it.
    And they're hoping for special treatment because they self reported. Just look at TA's history of doing the same thing at GRCC. The NCAA better get this right.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
      And they're hoping for special treatment because they self reported. Just look at TA's history of doing the same thing at GRCC. The NCAA better get this right.
      Would the NCAA even be aware of his history at GRCC? Are JC's under NCAA jurisdiction (honestly have no idea)? Not saying they couldn't research it (hell they put on a full investigation for kids taking money for meals), but that might not be taken under consideration, especially if they treat this as a compliance issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        Would the NCAA even be aware of his history at GRCC? Are JC's under NCAA jurisdiction (honestly have no idea)? Not saying they couldn't research it (hell they put on a full investigation for kids taking money for meals), but that might not be taken under consideration, especially if they treat this as a compliance issue.
        The bigger problem would be if this player was told by other D-II schools that he would be ineligible, and Ferris told him he could play, and that's why he chose to go to Ferris.

I'm guessing the NCAA is well aware of previous TA transgressions, both at GRCC and also when Ferris suspended him for the "abuse" of a player (which was stupid to suspend him for). And they're probably also aware that there is at least one coach on staff who has been suspended from recruiting before.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          It will be interesting. Obviously the GV faithful are pulling for the Indy win. I do wonder how good HC is this season. I agree that playing at MTU is a challenge, but losing (yes it was OT) to a what many would consider a relatively weak MTU squad this year, does make one question how good HC is this season. Have things improved that much for HC since the second week? Inquiring minds want to know.
          Beating both ODU and Findlay on the road were the biggest hurdles the Chargers have cleared in years. Especially the ODU game showed they were a different ball club. Six takeaways and returning a blocked field goal for a TD were a major accomplishment. Against Findlay, defense stripped the QB as he was going in for winning TD to preserve the win. They're making plays when they need them. Defense hasn't been able to do anything with either of those opponents in the past.

Special teams were a nightmare to begin the season. The MTU game never should have reached OT but Hillsdale snapped one over the head of the punter for a safety early in the game. Then they miss the PAT in OT. Not making an excuse for the loss just pointing out where they were in that phase in Week 2. Kid who missed the PAT at Tech kicked a 50+ yarder at Findlay for the eventual game winner.

Like Dale Dude said, are they good enough to beat Indy? We'll see...but yes, they are much better than where they were in the first couple of weeks of the season. It all started in Week 3 in Columbus. After Tech, not many of us had a lot of confidence things would go well vs. the Panthers. It was good to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
            Like Dale Dude said, are they good enough to beat Indy? We'll see...but yes, they are much better than where they were in the first couple of weeks of the season. It all started in Week 3 in Columbus. After Tech, not many of us had a lot of confidence things would go well vs. the Panthers. It was good to be wrong.
            Thanks for that review. I admit that once that MTU loss happened, they went completely off my radar. In fact, so much so that when I saw ODU lost, I thought they they too must have regressed. Guess that wasn't the case. I'd wish you guys luck, but I do want Indy to get the W.:fingers-crossed:

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
              I'd like to know what their interpretation of the rule was that made them think he was eligible. Were they misinformed by the athlete or Kent State/UM? Or did some one just drop the ball.

Seeing teachers are going through a possible work stoppage and the administration saying they have people in positions they're not qualified for, this might be one of those cases.
              No excuses. This player was told by other schools he would have to sit out. Why would he think He could play right away at Ferris. Penalties should come down sooner then latter. Otherwise get rid of the rules all together.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
                No excuses. This player was told by other schools he would have to sit out. Why would he think He could play right away at Ferris. Penalties should come down sooner then latter. Otherwise get rid of the rules all together.
                No excuses needed. Nobody on this board knows exactly what happened. Everyone is going by third party word of mouth. Some people on here say one thing, people I've talked to close to the program say something different. I'll sit back and wait like everyone else to see what the truth is. If they self-reported, some kind of punishment is coming down. Just depends on when and what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                  I hope it stays like this. We would see the following:

Ferris with a bye

NWMS hosts UIndy, winner to Ferris

Ouachita hosts Fort Hays
                  GVSU hosts Southern Arkansas

With, potentially, this as the second round:

Ferris hosting NWMS
                  Ouachita hosting GVSU

INJECT IT IN MY VEINS.

Looks like Fort Hays get a First round bye.....I would love to see a FSU v OBU match up...we could rest our starters in the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                    Divisiontwo and Finishempty Fred ain't even close in spelling unless you are illiterate. Quit saving face with that poor excuse.
                    it was the avatar..i was fooled by your cute avatar bet...i would have no problem calling him a drunk who we laugh if that was the case but that person is actually you....after reading the miaa forum it appears they do the same to you over there

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                      I think inthis situation the example would be like the sign on the side of the rode says the speed limit is 80 so you go 80 and the cop pulls you over and stays the speed limit is 70 and you were speeding
                      Your analogy makes no sense. Nobody changed the rules on them. They saw the sign that said 70, went 80 anyway, ignored all the other drivers who were going 70 and feigned surprise when they got a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bos715 View Post
                        I don't think it is cheating, did they do something they were not supposed to do yes. However, I don't think they did it to get an advantage. It was a mistake on Ferris' part. I still think they should get in trouble but, I wouldn't call it cheating.
                        This is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen out here...you must be kidding...

Comment

Look I'm not making any excuses, Ferris screwed up, they will and should be punished in some sort of way. However, it is funny to read the commentary on this issue. Here are the facts:
                          1. Ferris played an ineligible player - This is a kid who got into U of M, so he isn't the type of player or person that most associate with TA.
                          2. This is above the Athletic Department. I know it is difficult to understand how things operate at Ferris when you are a fan of a school that has everything, or close to everything - But most outside the athletic dept. at FSU wish athletics outside of Hockey didn't exist. It is an absolute joke how things are run and are funded there, if you all knew more about the situation and the rise of Ferris St Football, you would think highly of the job that the coaching staff has done. Google what their weight room looks like. Google what the sports complex looks like. I mean these literally have to be the worst athletic facilities at any level of sports in the state of Michigan. Most of their sports operating budgets are less than singular coaches make at other schools. And they win. That's what bothers everyone. If you think it's because a bunch of illegal stuff is going on, then you're wrong, because again most inside that school don't care enough to help athletics. Do they have lower admission standards? Yes, compared to Hillsdale and GV, but not far off if at all from a lot of other schools in the league and all of the players on the field still have to be NCAA eligible anyway. I believe Ferris is at the top of Academic All Americans under TA as well, so that really throws a bone in your theories.
                          3. TA's past "transgressions" - JC Football is operated by the NJCAA so there is no collaboration with the NCAA, in fact I don't even believe there are actual people that run JC Football. The "housing scandal" is such a two sided issue that it is not even funny, and if you read in to the articles you would find out that the counter lawsuit against the property management company actually sided in GRCC favor as they were trying to put these kids in condemned housing - which is why a lot of bills were left unpaid once people started figuring out that they were being way overcharged for illegal housing. I honestly don't even believe TA had any idea what was going on with the housing situation fully. But if you want to add that to his list then it is what it is, that situation was used as a scapegoat to shut down the program there - which has since backfired on GRCC because of an incredible drop in enrollment, a lot of people lost their jobs.
                          4. Using High school recruiting situations against TA is an absolute joke. Am I saying he didnt have kid transfer in? No. But if that is the case, then ANY succesful HS program in this state is just as guilty, and it isn't even pinpointed to just football. If you think every kid at Lowell, EGR, Rockford, Cass Tech, King, Oak Park, Southfield, GR Christian, Clarkston, etc. was born and raised in those districts you are just an idiot. I've been around the game long enough to know that a lot of this isn't even due to the HS coaches, a lot of it is driven by the parents and them thinking the best opportunities for their kids to get scholarships is to move them into successful programs. Heck, this isn't even a Michigan problem, it is nationwide, so is every single coach a "dirty" coach then? It would take less time to list the successful, "clean" coaches.
                          5. TA takes over trash programs, he has his whole career, and turns them around. I can bet my life on the fact that if he took over at a SVSU type school he would have already won a national title because he could sell beautiful stuff to go along with his schemes and his relationships with his players. Also, GRCC, like EVERY OTHER JC program, is a second chance place. So using the caliber of character of the kids he had there against him is just idiotic. Watch Last Chance U, it is the same thing, that's what JC programs are for. If you are against that, then be against it, but be against it for everyone, not just a singular focus on TA and what he did at GRCC. If you are going to use the facts, use all of them, not just the half truth ones that boost your arguments.
                          This isn't me saying that Ferris St Football should be given a free card on this current situation, it isn't at all, they should and will be punished. But a lot of your arguments are just dumb because you only use partial information. And again, ineligible? Yes. Impact player? Not this year at least. So any plays he played literally did not matter in the outcomes of any games. Honestly why would they purposely cheat in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by GLIACWatcher View Post
                            Look I'm not making any excuses, Ferris screwed up, they will and should be punished in some sort of way. However, it is funny to read the commentary on this issue. Here are the facts:
                            1. Ferris played an ineligible player - This is a kid who got into U of M, so he isn't the type of player or person that most associate with TA.
                            2. This is above the Athletic Department. I know it is difficult to understand how things operate at Ferris when you are a fan of a school that has everything, or close to everything - But most outside the athletic dept. at FSU wish athletics outside of Hockey didn't exist. It is an absolute joke how things are run and are funded there, if you all knew more about the situation and the rise of Ferris St Football, you would think highly of the job that the coaching staff has done. Google what their weight room looks like. Google what the sports complex looks like. I mean these literally have to be the worst athletic facilities at any level of sports in the state of Michigan. Most of their sports operating budgets are less than singular coaches make at other schools. And they win. That's what bothers everyone. If you think it's because a bunch of illegal stuff is going on, then you're wrong, because again most inside that school don't care enough to help athletics. Do they have lower admission standards? Yes, compared to Hillsdale and GV, but not far off if at all from a lot of other schools in the league and all of the players on the field still have to be NCAA eligible anyway. I believe Ferris is at the top of Academic All Americans under TA as well, so that really throws a bone in your theories.
                            3. TA's past "transgressions" - JC Football is operated by the NJCAA so there is no collaboration with the NCAA, in fact I don't even believe there are actual people that run JC Football. The "housing scandal" is such a two sided issue that it is not even funny, and if you read in to the articles you would find out that the counter lawsuit against the property management company actually sided in GRCC favor as they were trying to put these kids in condemned housing - which is why a lot of bills were left unpaid once people started figuring out that they were being way overcharged for illegal housing. I honestly don't even believe TA had any idea what was going on with the housing situation fully. But if you want to add that to his list then it is what it is, that situation was used as a scapegoat to shut down the program there - which has since backfired on GRCC because of an incredible drop in enrollment, a lot of people lost their jobs.
                            4. Using High school recruiting situations against TA is an absolute joke. Am I saying he didnt have kid transfer in? No. But if that is the case, then ANY succesful HS program in this state is just as guilty, and it isn't even pinpointed to just football. If you think every kid at Lowell, EGR, Rockford, Cass Tech, King, Oak Park, Southfield, GR Christian, Clarkston, etc. was born and raised in those districts you are just an idiot. I've been around the game long enough to know that a lot of this isn't even due to the HS coaches, a lot of it is driven by the parents and them thinking the best opportunities for their kids to get scholarships is to move them into successful programs. Heck, this isn't even a Michigan problem, it is nationwide, so is every single coach a "dirty" coach then? It would take less time to list the successful, "clean" coaches.
                            5. TA takes over trash programs, he has his whole career, and turns them around. I can bet my life on the fact that if he took over at a SVSU type school he would have already won a national title because he could sell beautiful stuff to go along with his schemes and his relationships with his players. Also, GRCC, like EVERY OTHER JC program, is a second chance place. So using the caliber of character of the kids he had there against him is just idiotic. Watch Last Chance U, it is the same thing, that's what JC programs are for. If you are against that, then be against it, but be against it for everyone, not just a singular focus on TA and what he did at GRCC. If you are going to use the facts, use all of them, not just the half truth ones that boost your arguments.
                            This isn't me saying that Ferris St Football should be given a free card on this current situation, it isn't at all, they should and will be punished. But a lot of your arguments are just dumb because you only use partial information. And again, ineligible? Yes. Impact player? Not this year at least. So any plays he played literally did not matter in the outcomes of any games. Honestly why would they purposely cheat in that situation?

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Dude the facilities part was like 3 sentences. So no, I didn't write all of that to make excuses. But I guess thank you for having me clarify. I clearly stated that they broke a rule and should and will be punished. It's like you only read what you wanted to read from my post. The motivation for my post was to use all of the facts about TA's career, not just the parts that make certain arguments sound good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X