Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10/29 Regional Rankings

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10/29 Regional Rankings

    SUPER REGION THREE
    1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
    2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
    3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
    4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
    5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
    6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
    7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
    8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
    9 Harding 7-2 7-2
    10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

    Thoughts? Not much change. SVSU drops out, which is to be expected. S&T moves up in to 10th. Pitt and Harding swapped places. Those are the only changes.

    The only significant thing I think this shows is that I don't think GV is going to jump OBU without an OBU loss. The SVSU game being added to the SOS was, I'm guessing, a big help. Ashland will be a decent help, but it is going to be off-set by the Wayne game at the end of the regular season, so the next two weeks are probably a wash for GV. Plus OBU plays Southern Arkansas this week and a win there is going to be bigger than the SVSU win was for GV. So I think if the top five all win out, they're going to stay in the order they're already in. SAU might drop out with a loss to OBU.

  • #2
    Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

    Next couple weeks will be fun to see. I agree that top 5 has best chance to win out and keep this order at the top.

    Do you think the committee would move any of the top to avoid a 1st round conference match up, on selection day?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

      Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      SUPER REGION THREE
      1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
      2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
      3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
      4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
      5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
      6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
      7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
      8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
      9 Harding 7-2 7-2
      10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

      Thoughts? Not much change. SVSU drops out, which is to be expected. S&T moves up in to 10th. Pitt and Harding swapped places. Those are the only changes.

      The only significant thing I think this shows is that I don't think GV is going to jump OBU without an OBU loss. The SVSU game being added to the SOS was, I'm guessing, a big help. Ashland will be a decent help, but it is going to be off-set by the Wayne game at the end of the regular season, so the next two weeks are probably a wash for GV. Plus OBU plays Southern Arkansas this week and a win there is going to be bigger than the SVSU win was for GV. So I think if the top five all win out, they're going to stay in the order they're already in. SAU might drop out with a loss to OBU.
      That's probably the most likely game to shake things up. That one could go either way.. True, NW and GV have some tests too, but IMO that OBU contest has the highest chance to go either way. And OBU's last game may not be a walk in the park for them either. Just hoping GV runs the table from here and let's see where the chips fall.:fingers-crossed:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

        Originally posted by Redready View Post
        Next couple weeks will be fun to see. I agree that top 5 has best chance to win out and keep this order at the top.

        Do you think the committee would move any of the top to avoid a 1st round conference match up, on selection day?
        It is possible they would do a close flip but there have been first round conference matchups in the past so they definitely don't go out of their way to avoid it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

          Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
          It is possible they would do a close flip but there have been first round conference matchups in the past so they definitely don't go out of their way to avoid it.
          Gotcha. Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

            Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            SUPER REGION THREE
            1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
            2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
            3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
            4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
            5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
            6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
            7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
            8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
            9 Harding 7-2 7-2
            10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

            Thoughts? Not much change. SVSU drops out, which is to be expected. S&T moves up in to 10th. Pitt and Harding swapped places. Those are the only changes.

            The only significant thing I think this shows is that I don't think GV is going to jump OBU without an OBU loss. The SVSU game being added to the SOS was, I'm guessing, a big help. Ashland will be a decent help, but it is going to be off-set by the Wayne game at the end of the regular season, so the next two weeks are probably a wash for GV. Plus OBU plays Southern Arkansas this week and a win there is going to be bigger than the SVSU win was for GV. So I think if the top five all win out, they're going to stay in the order they're already in. SAU might drop out with a loss to OBU.
            Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

              Originally posted by sandman View Post
              Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.
              Not sure what you think is the bold statement. But I will add that I'd rather barely win than lose big.:wink: Or hell, even barely lose.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                Originally posted by sandman View Post
                Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.
                Teams that were a combined 12-3 entering those games? Yea, I'll take that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                  Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  Not sure what you think is the bold statement. But I will add that I'd rather barely win than lose big.:wink: Or hell, even barely lose.
                  Bold Statement=Ashland will be decent help but it will be offset by the Wayne game. Sounds like the games have already been played on the post. Never lost till you've lost on a sure bet. Agree with your win lose theory though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                    Originally posted by sandman View Post
                    Bold Statement=Ashland will be decent help but it will be offset by the Wayne game. Sounds like the games have already been played on the post. Never lost till you've lost on a sure bet. Agree with your win lose theory though.
                    Huh? Assuming everyone wins out, which I pointed out in my post, Ashland's SOS numbers will be offset by Wayne's SOS numbers. That isn't opinion. That is math.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                      Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
                      It is possible they would do a close flip but there have been first round conference matchups in the past so they definitely don't go out of their way to avoid it.
                      My guess is that once the nullification is factored into the final rankings, OBU will be #1, GV #2, and Ferris third. But then Ferris has H2H over GV so they should flip. Meaning Ferris ends up #2. That’s my guess on the way that the math would work out- but now you have a lot more human elements involved and they could very well move Ferris much lower saying that they don’t deserve a #2 seed. Who knows what they will do, guess we will find out in less than 2 weeks!
                      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                        Originally posted by sandman View Post
                        Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.
                        Margin of victory is not considered when determining the regional rankings. At the end of the day, the end result doesn't have to be perfect, but the winning team just has to make one less mistake than their opponents, and that's what Grand Valley did (save against Ferris).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                          Originally posted by sandman View Post
                          Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.
                          Could not agree more...the only thing for sure is that Trump will tweet...I highly doubt that the GLIAC or the NCAA will do anything about Ferris anyway before the end of the season, they should but..The GLIAC is NEVER a cakewalk for any team any year anymore...a few plays one way or another, a missed call or 9, a key injury..well that's been GVs season so far...two more to go before any of this means jack.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                            Originally posted by Redready View Post
                            Next couple weeks will be fun to see. I agree that top 5 has best chance to win out and keep this order at the top.

                            Do you think the committee would move any of the top to avoid a 1st round conference match up, on selection day?
                            They haven't in the past.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

                              Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              They haven't in the past.
                              ??????

                              They have several times over the years.

                              Biggest one I can think of is UCM in 2010. They should of faced NW first round but magically teams moved around. They also did it to the GAC teams in 2015/6. They flipped them and put them opposite brackets when the math was a bit weird on that.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X