3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
    4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
    5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
    6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
    7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
    8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
    9 Harding 7-2 7-2
    10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

Thoughts? Not much change. SVSU drops out, which is to be expected. S&T moves up in to 10th. Pitt and Harding swapped places. Those are the only changes.

The only significant thing I think this shows is that I don't think GV is going to jump OBU without an OBU loss. The SVSU game being added to the SOS was, I'm guessing, a big help. Ashland will be a decent help, but it is going to be off-set by the Wayne game at the end of the regular season, so the next two weeks are probably a wash for GV. Plus OBU plays Southern Arkansas this week and a win there is going to be bigger than the SVSU win was for GV. So I think if the top five all win out, they're going to stay in the order they're already in. SAU might drop out with a loss to OBU.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Re: 10/29 Regional Rankings

Next couple weeks will be fun to see. I agree that top 5 has best chance to win out and keep this order at the top.

Do you think the committee would move any of the top to avoid a 1st round conference match up, on selection day?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      SUPER REGION THREE
      1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
      2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
      5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
      6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
      7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
      8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
      9 Harding 7-2 7-2
      10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

Thoughts? Not much change. SVSU drops out, which is to be expected. S&T moves up in to 10th. Pitt and Harding swapped places. Those are the only changes.

The only significant thing I think this shows is that I don't think GV is going to jump OBU without an OBU loss. The SVSU game being added to the SOS was, I'm guessing, a big help. Ashland will be a decent help, but it is going to be off-set by the Wayne game at the end of the regular season, so the next two weeks are probably a wash for GV. Plus OBU plays Southern Arkansas this week and a win there is going to be bigger than the SVSU win was for GV. So I think if the top five all win out, they're going to stay in the order they're already in. SAU might drop out with a loss to OBU.
      That's probably the most likely game to shake things up. That one could go either way.. True, NW and GV have some tests too, but IMO that OBU contest has the highest chance to go either way. And OBU's last game may not be a walk in the park for them either. Just hoping GV runs the table from here and let's see where the chips fall.:fingers-crossed:

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
        Next couple weeks will be fun to see. I agree that top 5 has best chance to win out and keep this order at the top.

Do you think the committee would move any of the top to avoid a 1st round conference match up, on selection day?
        It is possible they would do a close flip but there have been first round conference matchups in the past so they definitely don't go out of their way to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
          It is possible they would do a close flip but there have been first round conference matchups in the past so they definitely don't go out of their way to avoid it.
          Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            SUPER REGION THREE
            1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
            2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
            5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
            6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
            7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
            8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
            9 Harding 7-2 7-2
            10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
              Pretty bold statement from a team that barely beat Saginaw Valley and Davenport.
              Not sure what you think is the bold statement. But I will add that I'd rather barely win than lose big.:wink: Or hell, even barely lose.

Comment

Teams that were a combined 12-3 entering those games? Yea, I'll take that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  Not sure what you think is the bold statement. But I will add that I'd rather barely win than lose big.:wink: Or hell, even barely lose.
                  Bold Statement=Ashland will be decent help but it will be offset by the Wayne game. Sounds like the games have already been played on the post. Never lost till you've lost on a sure bet. Agree with your win lose theory though.

Comment

Bold Statement=Ashland will be decent help but it will be offset by the Wayne game. Sounds like the games have already been played on the post. Never lost till you've lost on a sure bet. Agree with your win lose theory though.
                    Huh? Assuming everyone wins out, which I pointed out in my post, Ashland's SOS numbers will be offset by Wayne's SOS numbers. That isn't opinion. That is math.

Comment

Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
                      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Margin of victory is not considered when determining the regional rankings. At the end of the day, the end result doesn't have to be perfect, but the winning team just has to make one less mistake than their opponents, and that's what Grand Valley did (save against Ferris).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Could not agree more...the only thing for sure is that Trump will tweet...I highly doubt that the GLIAC or the NCAA will do anything about Ferris anyway before the end of the season, they should but..The GLIAC is NEVER a cakewalk for any team any year anymore...a few plays one way or another, a missed call or 9, a key injury..well that's been GVs season so far...two more to go before any of this means jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

They haven't in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              They haven't in the past.
                              ??????

They have several times over the years.

Biggest one I can think of is UCM in 2010. They should of faced NW first round but magically teams moved around. They also did it to the GAC teams in 2015/6. They flipped them and put them opposite brackets when the math was a bit weird on that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X