Comment

• Re: 11/3 Ashland at #8 Grand Valley

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
        You want to hang out later?!? Lol
        Watch Shark Week?

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
          If this GV team continues to play like they have the last 3 weeks, they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. SSDD. Boring and Predictable offensively
          I agree that pesky 6 yards per snap offense has got to go...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
            champ, we're not good unless we only need one play for a first down instead of two.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              champ, we're not good unless we only need one play for a first down instead of two.
              I have no idea what that means but ok..

Comment

i think he might have been being sarcastic

Comment

6-yards-per-snap offense = 2 plays needed for first down. But apparently that isn't good enough to some people. So I guess we need to be averaging 10-yards-per-snap on offense.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Like a lot of stats, taken out of context, they can be a little deceptive. IIRC Bulldog would use stats like this. Let's say you only get 40-45 snaps per game vs 70-75. That usually equates to a big difference in yardage, TOP, points, not to mention-(ok I will) what that may do to the defense. GV beat Ashland because of 2 plays IMO. My comment is an opinion, nothing else. I didn't bash the HC like some jacka$s read into it. Actually, his clock management was the best I've seen from him. I was expressing my opinion that this GV team has not been playing as well as I think they can and when they meet playoff competition, they need to be better, and more diverse on offense, particularly the pass game.

Comment

Like a lot of stats, taken out of context, they can be a little deceptive. IIRC Bulldog would use stats like this. Let's say you only get 40-45 snaps per game vs 70-75. That usually equates to a big difference in yardage, TOP, points, not to mention-(ok I will) what that may do to the defense. GV beat Ashland because of 2 plays IMO. My comment is an opinion, nothing else. I didn't bash the HC like some jacka$s read into it. Actually, his clock management was the best I've seen from him. I was expressing my opinion that this GV team has not been playing as well as I think they can and when they meet playoff competition, they need to be better, and more diverse on offense, particularly the pass game.
                      Agreed. Stats can be carved up in virtually limitless varieties to tell a story. From my perspective, I'd love to have the stats on how successful / unsuccessful our goal line package has been. If nothing else, it may allow me to get in a better head-space and not instinctively spike my beer into the ground each time we line up in the pistol when we have the ball at the one inch line, setting our tailback at the 7 yard line...

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
                        Agreed. Stats can be carved up in virtually limitless varieties to tell a story. From my perspective, I'd love to have the stats on how successful / unsuccessful our goal line package has been. If nothing else, it may allow me to get in a better head-space and not instinctively spike my beer into the ground each time we line up in the pistol when we have the ball at the one inch line, setting our tailback at the 7 yard line...
                        I keep reading this, and honestly, I don't know how critical the formation is or isn't. But, I did see GV run the ball 3 times in a row VS Ashland for a score (one of the best run D's in the league.) And there are many other cases of similar results. I suspect there are numerous short yardage instances when GV couldn't move the ball for the first down. But, I don't think it was as much do to the formation as it was due to execution.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
                          Ok, lets say the ball was on the 2 yard line...with the QB under center the tailback in a single back offense would be where? GV uses the tight end as the fullback, hence the 3 TE sets..and hold on to those beers..waste not want not!
                          Lets go win a game! Anchor up!

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                            Watch Shark Week?
                            What kind of TV do you have?

Comment

Ok, lets say the ball was on the 2 yard line...with the QB under center the tailback in a single back offense would be where? GV uses the tight end as the fullback, hence the 3 TE sets..and hold on to those beers..waste not want not!
                              Lets go win a game! Anchor up!
                              Hand off to Lynch...
                              Dick Nelson screams "Touchdown Lakers!!!"

Comment

Hand off to Lynch...
                                Dick Nelson screams "Touchdown Lakers!!!"
                                God Bless Dick, I think we all miss him! He was a homer but he was OUR homer!..you will get NO argument from me on that plan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X